Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rub1c0n

honestly I hate CVs

49 comments in this topic

[OICNT]
67 posts
3,462 battles

I cannot survive their attacks and I cannot catch them to kill them.

All I can hope is they attack someone else but all too often I am having the time of my life really enjoying the game and then along comes the CV planes and fight ruined.  I know and understand this is a constant whine in this community.  Do not expect responses, just wanted to vent.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

4,690 posts
8,752 battles

As someone who had been under RTS CV era, all I can say is you've seen and experienced nothing.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,378 posts
19,445 battles
6 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

Do not expect responses,

First time on the internet?

There's a few things you should know...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

338 posts
6,754 battles
6 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

I cannot survive their attacks and I cannot catch them to kill them.

All I can hope is they attack someone else but all too often I am having the time of my life really enjoying the game and then along comes the CV planes and fight ruined.  I know and understand this is a constant whine in this community.  Do not expect responses, just wanted to vent.

Aww boo hoo, I bet you miss the RTS days where CVs delete you from 100% to 0 in one single attack at game start. 

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

As someone who had been under RTS CV era, all I can say is you've seen and experienced nothing.

Yup those were the dark age.

*insert PTSD from the T7 Saipan here*

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,624 posts
7,655 battles

You’ve probably seen the worst of CV’s in the low tiers.  You look like you are doing the USN cruiser line which has solid AA.  It does get slightly better from where on

• Cool 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,207 battles

Its like you rocking up to a good ole western gun fight and the other guy has a bazooka......................... this is WG logic................people pay for these guns too. Paid a lot of money for these Premium ships that get toasted by freebie CVs.

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
1,787 posts
3,485 battles

This kind of thread is the reason why i play CV

This is the old CV meme

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoA3_5ZywW9BjcMMSzoyC

The current CV is indeed unstoppable, no matter how good your AA, if CV decide you are dead then you are dead.

BUT DONT WORRY, 

its tech tree, anyone have access, anyone can play it. ITS FREE

CV is designated for noob that want overpowered sheep in their hand.

At first i hate CV, but then i realize  i should play CV. Yes play CV

My life changed since then

CV

Attack from anywhere

No Risk

Ez kill

High Damage

Everyone fear you

The best thing of CV is they are FREE

Join US, together we CV player will rule those surface pheasant. 

Its never too late

The power, the choice, 

Its on your hand!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[MRI]
3,523 posts
15,217 battles

CVs are only really a problem at low tiers imo. At higher tiers they are easily neutered with smart play.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,778 posts
12,390 battles

I think WG have an opportunity here.

If they could convert the venting of all the raging anti cv players into electricity, we’d solve all power problems the world over.

100% clean energy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OICNT]
67 posts
3,462 battles

here is some more energy for you.

I still hate CVs.  I would like to express how much it takes my satisfaction rating from 'very good' to 'I do not want to play this' but of course this is the internet so it will just get flagged as another whine.  Vent recorded and at least it makes me feel better to yell out how much these things ruin my game experience.

I have played for many hours today and the damn CVs ruin fights too often.  </rant>

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,427 posts
26,407 battles
15 hours ago, Rub1c0n said:

here is some more energy for you.

I still hate CVs.  I would like to express how much it takes my satisfaction rating from 'very good' to 'I do not want to play this' but of course this is the internet so it will just get flagged as another whine.  Vent recorded and at least it makes me feel better to yell out how much these things ruin my game experience.

I have played for many hours today and the damn CVs ruin fights too often.  </rant>

get past T4-5 and you'll have a much better time against CVs, the lower tiers are just broken 

• Cool 4

[OICNT]
67 posts
3,462 battles

*#&@  I hate CVs.  If I had the chance to opt out within the first 10 seconds I would rather do that and wait 30 or 40 minutes for a non CV fight than put up with the constant battering they give me.

[OICNT]
67 posts
3,462 battles

So the past couple of weeks have been pretty CV free and I have enjoyed the game.  Last couple of days, CV's are back and they are killing me again.  Not so happy.  I really do prefer games without CV's.

[151ST]
Alpha Tester
46 posts
6,501 battles

Rub1C0N

as stated above if they want you dead, well you're dead.............doesn't matter how many planes you shoot down, how many torps/rockets/bombs you dodge, you're just an Exp Pinata for CV in tiers 4-7 (just playing T5 BB, 36 aircraft shot down, yet in the end the CV got me)................ After that it gets better......AA is actually worth something (sometimes), and tactically things get better (mostly).   All you have to remember is CV's are fun, and balanced.....supposedly..........ok maybe for the CV driver..........

They are here to stay, and I really have no idea how WG will ever get the balance right........

GL out there

H

[OICNT]
67 posts
3,462 battles

yeah that is me for the night.  Yet again a CV completely made my turning up irrelevant.  Going to watch TV

[LBAS]
3,032 posts
14,467 battles
58 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

yeah that is me for the night.  Yet again a CV completely made my turning up irrelevant.  Going to watch TV

Ok Destroyer. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
13 posts

Someday you will get used to it maybe nyaa~~,

As Ex-Hakuryu's Player here, I myself too hated CVs so much everyday. They always bugging me so much and messed up some of my tactic to play as cruiser main in random and ranked. Playing as CV is fun but playing as surface ship totally break the fun and we all already know about it. So at the end, I sold my Hakuryu and her Legendary Module for 2.5m Credit. (NO WAY I gonna regrind her Lmod in Research Bureau later.)

Btw Rub1cOn, I already checked you account and I found out that maybe you don't have any experience playing some CVs nor in RTS and current CV Reworked. That why you are struggle to playing this game today. To encounter them you must play some of them in Coop for learning they gameplays also for completing cv related task in event's directives.

That the only way to survive nyaa~~.

• Funny 2

[MRI]
3,523 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, IJN_Katori said:

Ok Destroyer. :Smile_trollface:

I wonder when the WoWs playerbase is going to realise the Just Dodge meme is essentially the same as the Ok boomer meme, but for CV haters instead of boomers. :cap_hmm:

[MD]
[MD]
592 posts
3,088 battles

Am i the only one that found CV not that bad as a whole?

As battleship & cruiser main, i found carriers and their aircraft very helpful, especially early and late game. The spotting helps to know where the enemies are going ahead of time and thus adjust the tactics accordingly (something i found destroyers limited in their capacity due to abundance of radars and limited line of sight they have because of islands for example). The air cover they provided limits the enemy aggression, and easily finishes off low health opponents that are otherwise dangerous left alive.

Sure, it's hard to counter them currently (even my Hipper, rigged for AA build, only shot down few), but i believe it doesn't necessitate the extraordinary hate they gathered for the last two year or so.

That or i'm not feeling the full onslaught of those flying goose yet.

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
364 posts
10,867 battles

The fun and satisfaction I got when watching this video is immeasurable (do this if your hatred to CVs are high 😉

Edited by rookieFTW

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
37 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

That or i'm not feeling the full onslaught of those flying goose yet.

You won't. Fortunately.

Imagine a Kitakaze sailing innocently then got cross torpedo-ed by 3 Taiho squadrons, coming at different angles from each other, created a torpedo pattern so tight that even a T1 ship couldn't get out of, and that Kitakaze was utterly destroyed.

Imagine being a CV player, but within the first 5 minutes of the game you spotted 4-6 strike squadrons from the red CV coming from the border of the map, away from the AA ranges, up the rear of your fleet, and they sank you within seconds.

Imagine fighters that worked as intended. As aircrafts that fight other aircrafts.

RTS CVs are glorious. Hail RTS CVs.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
On 2/3/2020 at 6:29 PM, Paladinum said:

at least you have some form of answer back in RTS. back then you got USN cruisers player dedicated for providing AA support . also there are AA build that can really punish CV. you got dedicated AA ship that can make the life of CV player miserable or hard. even DD has not much problem as they are often being ignored by most CV. only super unicrum can actually do something against them and it still hard. specially if they are dodging.

now people are using sonar over AAbarrage because it does nothing. the only people i can hear complaning about AA being OP are noobs who cant evade flak.

the  only thing i hate about RTS CV is the very unresponsive UI. i prefer RTS CV over new CV.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,069 posts
20,266 battles
28 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

RTS CVs are glorious. Hail RTS CVs.

HAIL RTS CV

4,690 posts
8,752 battles
15 minutes ago, yansuki said:

at least you have some form of answer back in RTS. back then you got USN cruisers player dedicated for providing AA support . also there are AA build that can really punish CV. you got dedicated AA ship that can make the life of CV player miserable or hard. even DD has not much problem as they are often being ignored by most CV. only super unicrum can actually do something against them and it still hard. specially if they are dodging.

now people are using sonar over AAbarrage because it does nothing. the only people i can hear complaning about AA being OP are noobs who cant evade flak.

the  only thing i hate about RTS CV is the very unresponsive UI. i prefer RTS CV over new CV.

To be fair, AA mechanics back in RTS were weird AF. It's AA damage divides by Aircraft HP to give the chance of shooting down aircrafts (or Aircraft HP divides by AA damage?). AA build Des Moist or Mino could shred several T10 squadrons within seconds. Priority AA targetting was also weird. At least AA auras overlapped and AFT increased your AA range.

The AA mechanics now are far more realistic, in exchange for the aircraft mechanics/gameplay being completely and utterly alien from how real CVs operate.

When people say (new) DAAF doesn't work, I say they are pushing a narrative and cherry picking instead of being objective. Sorry, but DAAF on my Takao (not even AA build) shreds T8 planes. 

Even ships like the Vasteras can kill planes when it needs to.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this