Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

What do I need to know about RN CA?

4 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,161 posts
10,429 battles

Please someone give me the executive summary on the Tier V and Tier VI ships, so I know what to expect.

Comparisons with Furutaka and Aoba would be helpful.

1,378 posts
5,764 battles

Hawkins has an absolutely obsolete World War I configuration that you need to show almost full broadside (the angle is even worse than Emerald) to fire a full broadside. Perhaps her primary redeeming feature is that much of her freeboard is covered by a 51-mm upper armor belt that can protect her from many cruiser HE fire.

I haven't get Devonshire yet, though her armor model resembles Cleveland and Baltimore to some extent IMO: high, unprotected freeboard and a thin, long strip of semi-submerged exposed citadel. However she is short-ranged with a range of 14-km and cannot extend that with spotter aircraft.

[FORCE]
2,226 posts
11,799 battles

Devonshire feels like Aoba with an extra twin guns & heal, in exchange for lower top speed & more vulnerable to citadel hits from a certain angle. Unlike UK CLs however, the UK CAs don't have the unique acceleration gimmick.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,863 posts
15,736 battles

Devonshire actually sail more like a same tier USS Cruiser with less speed, and slightly less maneuverability but bigger ( vs Dallas ) better guns and slightly better armored.  The key feature of the ship is Heal and Torpedo , and a decent concealment ( not great but not bad ). Some aggressive play can be played in this ship provided you utilize the consumable timely. Its to me replacing the USS CA as the jack of all trade Cruiser ... it also play more CL style than CA style .. mobility is godsend in this ship and you really do want to keep moving and weaving all the time so not to expose yourself. You would want to hone your gunnery on this ship as the rate of fire is only at best so so and mediocre.

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this