Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riddyck

the life of a CV player

31 comments in this topic

[ASALT]
56 posts
21,193 battles

got to love playing CV... do your job and the enemy team reports you... dont do your job and your team reports you...... I get it you dont like CV but abusing the reporting system in this fashion just cause you died .... sigh 

shot-20.01.30_03.09.48-0616.jpg

shot-20.01.30_03.10.26-0680.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SMOKE]
1,930 posts
16,063 battles

Same here when I play mine, a DD, got used to that, learn to ignore them

[-CAT-]
2,284 posts
11,287 battles

Ignore them. You will get used to it.

In the end, you broght home the bacon (won the game).

[ASALT]
56 posts
21,193 battles

ohh ive played CV since the rework but tbh this abuse of the reporting system is starting to get beyond a joke

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
1,550 posts

well... duh.... there absolutely NOTHING I as a DD (shimakaze) can do against you CV folk, you guys keep attack me one-sided. =w=

no AA, stealth mean nothing when it's come to capping, smoke? there's radar~~~

since I can't attack you physically, I'll attack you mentally :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by PGM991

[MRI]
3,525 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, Riddyck said:

ohh ive played CV since the rework but tbh this abuse of the reporting system is starting to get beyond a joke

What to do? There are a lot of petty and immature people in this world.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,624 posts
7,655 battles

It’s karma.   Who cares as it does absolutely nothing.   

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

It’s karma.   Who cares as it does absolutely nothing.   

I disagree.

Losing karma tells you people were unhappy with your performance (but won’t tell you why). This makes you sad.

Gaining karma tells you people were happy with your performance. This makes you happy.

Doing a great job and getting no karma, or doing a terrible job not losing karma makes you confused.

I salute people who are hard enough to ignore such things, but I am not one of those people. I am soft.

It would be interesting if every time you reported people, you had to put in a short message to explain why. At least then I know I could ignore any message that read “@#$&*() idiot” and it does not reflect on me as a player. Well, it might, but I don’t listen to criticism that comes in that form, so it’s kinda pointless putting it in that form.

But like anything else, a system like that would be open to abuse by certain people.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,945 posts
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But like anything else, a system like that would be open to abuse by certain people.

It's always abused.

You lose Karma if you play well

You lose Karma if you don't play well

You lose Karma if you are a ST...…

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,624 posts
7,655 battles

Doing a great job and getting no karma, or doing a terrible job not losing karma makes you confused.

Even your post shows the system is flawed.  People hit it because they have a bad game and are frustrated.  People hit it because they are jealous.  People hit it because of every single reason you can think of and then some and it make absolutely no difference to your game in any way shape or form.  I'm amazed that anyone even cares, or starts threads on this feature.  Its as useless as a screen door on a submarine

Its the single most useless feature of the game and offers nothing to it.  Replace it with a report and game replay generator if you see a bot then I would say the game has gained something worthwhile 

338 posts
6,754 battles

Karma is just useless internet brownie points. It has no gameplay impact and will not make you lose access to game features if you don't have high karma. 

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,436 posts
26,407 battles

1st time? my karma dropped over 150 points since i first started playing CVs aroun 8.01

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
11,038 battles

If you decide to play CV's, part of that choice is to decide to give up all your karma.  It's just something that you have to accept.  I had 180 karma when 0.8.0 dropped, I play CV's about half the time and I've had zero karma for months. 

It is what it is - you just have to realise that many people get frustrated at CV's, and they aren't being negative to you personally, they are just trying to express their frustration at the class.  The karma system is doing its primary job in this case - stress reduction for players.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles

I disagree.

Losing karma tells you people were unhappy with your performance (but won’t tell you why). This makes you sad.

Gaining karma tells you people were happy with your performance. This makes you happy.

I salute people who are hard enough to ignore such things, but I am not one of those people. I am soft.

It would be interesting if every time you reported people, you had to put in a short message to explain why. At least then I know I could ignore any message that read “@#$&*() idiot” and it does not reflect on me as a player. Well, it might, but I don’t listen to criticism that comes in that form, so it’s kinda pointless putting it in that form.

And someone finds my post boring...

I was trying to be all calm, neutral, matter of fact (about my own feelings) and everything...

Because I dare, in a very straight forward way, comment on my feelings.

Even though I apologised for not being as tough or hard as others? I don’t get it.

So to that person I ask, what was song wrong with my post that you find it ‘boring’ compared to the many other posts.

Is it because I mentioned karma? Is it because I’m not allowed to mention my feelings?

And yes, I know the karma system has no effect on gameplay.

But that doesn’t stop me from feeling bad when an anonymous person disapproves. At lease if someone calls me a noob, I can see who it is and judge what worth their opinion is.

I’m sorry, that’s just how I am. I’d like to see a change in the system, but I know it won’t happen because it does not make WG money. 😛

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
2 時間前、Grygus_Triss の発言:

*Generic "Karma means business" post*

Just don't hurt yourself when you get tens of reports one day ok?

Because it is boring

Edited by spixys

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles
Just now, spixys said:

If I’m getting tens of reports, I’m doing something really wrong.

So you’re saying I’m weird? I’m the only one who feels bad/ confused and overanalyses my performance when I get a downvote? And it’s not okay to discuss that here?

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles

Ah, I see, I’m trying to have a meaningful discussion, and someguy is just in the corner yelling “BORING” and generally being obnoxious.

Go ahead, Mark me as boring, you’ll only prove your obnoxiousness. :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

And you are probably shameless too.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
11,038 battles
13 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But that doesn’t stop me from feeling bad when an anonymous person disapproves. At lease if someone calls me a noob, I can see who it is and judge what worth their opinion is.

This seems like a perfectly natural reaction to me.  You're out there trying your best, and someone has gone out of their way to single you out to say that they disapprove of your efforts.  It's something that it's reasonable to take personally I think.

Having said that, as you have said, you don't know the motivations behind that report.  Did you do so terribly that you probably deserve it?  Well you can take it on the chin and accept that it's fair enough.  Did you do really well and someone is salty that you outplayed them?  Well consider that downvote really an upvote - they've singled you out because of your good performance, they just aren't capable of expressing it properly.  Did you not play in a manner that someone else wanted you to?  Well you have to make decisions for yourself as to what the best way to play is, so long as you're trying your best there is no reason to get upset here.  Are you playing a class someone doesn't like?  Well this isn't a downvote aimed at you personally, it's just someone expressing their frustration at an aspect of the game they don't like.

I personally find the best thing to do is just completely ignore downvotes, as if they don't exist.  If you get an upvote, have a "that's nice" moment, but for downvotes, you have to switch off to them.  Some people are better at that than others of course!

• Cool 3

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,624 posts
7,655 battles
15 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I personally find the best thing to do is just completely ignore downvotes, as if they don't exist

/endthread

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
43 分前、Grygus_Triss の発言:

If I’m getting tens of reports, I’m doing something really wrong.

So you’re saying I’m weird? I’m the only one who feels bad/ confused and overanalyses my performance when I get a downvote? And it’s not okay to discuss that here?

Yes! you are, and you heart is fragile as glass, people reporting you because they don't like you - even if you eventually carried the game for them, they even report you for bumping into them when the fact is HE is in your way.

And yes you have the right discuss them here, and I have the right to call it boring, you can go on and make 529045023953650974607 posts about them, and I have the right to call all of them boring.

Analyze your problem is one thing, taking them seriously is another, you only need replay to effectively analyze your problem in a game.

Edited by spixys

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles
42 minutes ago, spixys said:

Because it is boring

/thread postscript.

I apologise for wasting you time with boring content. I will try to be more entertaining in the future.

I should just respond to every comment about karma with MAKRA GUD!

It always worked for Max_Battle

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
1 分前、Grygus_Triss の発言:

I should just respond to every comment about karma with MAKRA GUD!

Because it is the only truth about MAKRA.

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles
1 minute ago, spixys said:

Yes! you are, and you heart is fragile as glass, people reporting you because they don't like you - even if you eventually carried the game for them, they even report you for bumping into them when the fact is HE is in your way.

And yes you have the right discuss them here, and I have the right to call it boring, you can go on and make 529045023953650974607 posts about them, and I have the right to call all of them boring.

Analyze your problem is one thing, taking them seriously is another.

MAKRA GUD!

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,945 posts
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

This seems like a perfectly natural reaction to me.  You're out there trying your best, and someone has gone out of their way to single you out to say that they disapprove of your efforts.  It's something that it's reasonable to take personally I think.

Having said that, as you have said, you don't know the motivations behind that report.  Did you do so terribly that you probably deserve it?  Well you can take it on the chin and accept that it's fair enough.  Did you do really well and someone is salty that you outplayed them?  Well consider that downvote really an upvote - they've singled you out because of your good performance, they just aren't capable of expressing it properly.  Did you not play in a manner that someone else wanted you to?  Well you have to make decisions for yourself as to what the best way to play is, so long as you're trying your best there is no reason to get upset here.  Are you playing a class someone doesn't like?  Well this isn't a downvote aimed at you personally, it's just someone expressing their frustration at an aspect of the game they don't like.

I personally find the best thing to do is just completely ignore downvotes, as if they don't exist.  If you get an upvote, have a "that's nice" moment, but for downvotes, you have to switch off to them.  Some people are better at that than others of course!

The way players use the karma report is as varied as the player base itself.

I know one player who reports anyone for ramming kills.....

Sign in to follow this