Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riddyck

Quick Poll

Quick poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What would u prefer to see this year in game

• loads of new Content
    • Properly Balanced Matchmaker

10 comments in this topic

[ASALT]
56 posts
21,101 battles

What do we as players want .... ???

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,302 posts
11,001 battles

I'm confused as to how the match maker is imbalanced?  They match classes and tiers exactly, they spread same nation ships between teams, you're guaranteed to get top tier at least 40% of the time at every tier, they've limited all but one class so there aren't too many in a battle.  I'm not sure what more you want.

There was some genuinely poor match making in this game years ago, but recently the match maker has improved to the point where I can't remember the last time I actually complained about the match making - it's always just fine.

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
1,905 posts
15,910 battles

If its only that ... well how about you sail in your T9 Seattle / Neptune and the MM say you are equal of a same class T9 Alaska  ; MM that keep having 3 or even 4 Radars a side even though there is only 2 Area to be contested, how about that ( now basically almost not needed ) 4 DD per team limit, or practically each and every high tier games that had 4, 5, 6 or even 7 BB per team .... or seeing the MM put all Torpedo boat DD on one team and all the Gunboat DD on the other ... Or all the Yamato on one and then all the GK on the other ...

Seen too many of such ...

Edited by Mechfori

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,406 posts
26,328 battles
16 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm confused as to how the match maker is imbalanced?  They match classes and tiers exactly, they spread same nation ships between teams, you're guaranteed to get top tier at least 40% of the time at every tier, they've limited all but one class so there aren't too many in a battle.  I'm not sure what more you want.

There was some genuinely poor match making in this game years ago, but recently the match maker has improved to the point where I can't remember the last time I actually complained about the match making - it's always just fine.

i want the matchmaking fixed for CVs at mid-low tiers 

the very presence of T4 CVs have driven me from that tier completely, and im sure it's pissed off and chased away plenty of new players, this is not a problem that WG should just ignore since this issue is extremely harmful for new blood coming into the game and the overall game health 

• Cool 2

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,614 posts
7,583 battles

If someone can come in here and tell me that MM wont shit itself and take 10 minutes orlonger to get into a game once it looks at:

Ship tier

Ship class

radar/hydro or not

torp/gunboat dd

A sane number of CVs

Premium/tech tree

...................................Any other thing players whine about.

Then go for it   

• Cool 1

338 posts
6,754 battles

Other than fixing T4 CV MM, Matchmaker is mostly fine. 
Meanwhile I'll eagerly wait for the pasta DDs and BBs.

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

[MRI]
3,501 posts
15,129 battles

I choose option 3: fixing more important issues like T4 CVs and the various bugs in the game.

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,302 posts
11,001 battles
7 hours ago, drakon233 said:

i want the matchmaking fixed for CVs at mid-low tiers 

the very presence of T4 CVs have driven me from that tier completely, and im sure it's pissed off and chased away plenty of new players, this is not a problem that WG should just ignore since this issue is extremely harmful for new blood coming into the game and the overall game health 

I'm in total agreement that T4 CV 's are a massive problem, but I don't think it's a problem you can fix with the match maker.  To attempt to fix the problem by using the match maker is just papering over the cracks, and will create other problems that are just as bad, since there won't be any fewer T4 CV's queuing, and they have to go somewhere.

The problem with T4 CV's is two-fold: the population is too high, and the AA is too weak.  The second problem is the easiest to solve - T4 plane health needs a nerf, it was overbuffed in 0.8.7 when they increased it by 70-80% to compensate for the stacking auras change.  The first problem is a little tougher.  A plane health nerf would reduce the population a little of course, but the primary problem here is the amount of time that a T4 CV captain has to play to get to the next tier.  A player grinding through another class only has to get to T5, and then to get to T6 they get to do it in a T5 ship with T5 XP gains, which are higher than T4 gains.  Meanwhile a T4 CV player has to play through T5 with the lower T4 XP.  What this practically means is that a T4 CV player has to play four times as many games to get out of T4 than a player of any other class - effectively making every single T4 CV player have an effect on the match maker equivalent to four T4 players of other classes!

WG need to shorten this grind considerably, preferably by a combination of buffing XP rewards for T4 CV's, and nerfing the amount of XP required to get to T6.  Changing the match maker is not a solution, they need to actually address the root of the problem.

I'm genuinely amazed that WG haven't fixed this by now.  The problem has been around since 0.8.7, and although I know they like to take their time with changes like this to make sure they don't overcorrect and that they have enough data, in this case it's been too long.  It is costing them new players, there can't be any doubt of that.

• Cool 3

[MD]
589 posts
3,058 battles

I prefer newer content than more 'balans' matchmaker. Sure, you got matched up with 'equally competent' players potentially guarantee 'better games', but it would surely sacrifice a lot of time (as if the match itself already took way too much for me), and i would never trust WG work on 'balans' anymore.

[MRI]
3,501 posts
15,129 battles
6 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm in total agreement that T4 CV 's are a massive problem, but I don't think it's a problem you can fix with the match maker.  To attempt to fix the problem by using the match maker is just papering over the cracks, and will create other problems that are just as bad, since there won't be any fewer T4 CV's queuing, and they have to go somewhere.

The problem with T4 CV's is two-fold: the population is too high, and the AA is too weak.  The second problem is the easiest to solve - T4 plane health needs a nerf, it was overbuffed in 0.8.7 when they increased it by 70-80% to compensate for the stacking auras change.  The first problem is a little tougher.  A plane health nerf would reduce the population a little of course, but the primary problem here is the amount of time that a T4 CV captain has to play to get to the next tier.  A player grinding through another class only has to get to T5, and then to get to T6 they get to do it in a T5 ship with T5 XP gains, which are higher than T4 gains.  Meanwhile a T4 CV player has to play through T5 with the lower T4 XP.  What this practically means is that a T4 CV player has to play four times as many games to get out of T4 than a player of any other class - effectively making every single T4 CV player have an effect on the match maker equivalent to four T4 players of other classes!

Well said. It is very clear that there is a bottleneck of CVs at Tier 4 due to the removal of the odd-tier CVs in the rework, and the veterans regrinding CVs because of the NTC/RB aren't helping. Add to that the AA imbalance at Tier 4 and it is not hard to see how this is a problem.

Edited by Thyaliad

Sign in to follow this