Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheDrunkNoob

Lunar Boxes results

39 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
8 posts
3,776 battles

Got nada again.

After swearing off boxes from the christmas event, getting tier a tier 5,6,7 ship and no premuim after 40 boxes I still didnt learn my lesson.

Bought 4 individual for cammo and premium.

Then bought 10 for camo, perma Irian cammo and premium, so like all good gamblers I raged went on tilt and doubled down, got 2 more perma cammos that I will never use 8 days premium and some coin.

So did anyone get anything good ? I can say I am zero from 24, nothing from the missions of value either.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles

Never bothered.  Apart from the Bajie and Lo Yang the rest of the ships are trash.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
7 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Never bothered.  Apart from the Bajie and Irian the rest of the ships are trash.

All of them are trash. And the consolation prizes are not even worth the money.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

To be fair:

Bajie = better Izumo, but no real use as a trainer as there are no PA BB's so no point buying it

Wukong = worse CM  Why trade torps for reload booster?  no point as a crew trainer

Siliwangi = Bad Ogevnoi with Lo yang hydro, so why not just get a Lo Yang

Anshan = has FXP modifier camo but still only a T6 ship

Lo Yang = if you use premium smoke and hydro its a good ship

Irian = The C grade consolation prize for playeers that came too late to get a MK.  It cant even hold a candle to the MK in any way.  Trading smoke for TRB is worthless in this ship with DW torps 

Huanghue = just pure garbage "Yellow river"......literally.

If you actually paid doubloons for these crates then you lost even before you opened them @Amarutu

• Cool 3

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles
13 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Pretty much this ^ None of those ships deserve to be in game, just a cash grab. I'm sure they play ok, but I personally have no real interest in completely made up ships like Bajie

• Bad 1

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
22 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Bajie = better Izumo, but no real use as a trainer as there are no PA BB's so no point buying it

"Debatably better" since the pros have been balance by the nerfs so that in essence it is a "slight variant" Izumo. To put it simply, you are buying an Izumo with no hope of upgrading to a Yamato as opposed to grinding for the actual thing and can get a Yamato in the end. Also, iirc, spending money on doubloons to FXP (1 to 35) would be even more worth it. 

And to be fair, what you practically after the pigship was like "they are mostly trash except for the Loyang" 😛

Seriously, the money spent on those crates should be spent outright on the actual ship instead if people are that desperate. 

And the consolation camos are meh. At least the Santa crates offer better economic boosters.

[4RSE]
271 posts
6,768 battles

Bought a pack of boxes. Got everything all at once.

Took Silliwangi into co-op to try it out. (It's not very good) and got team killed by a charming fellow in an Amagi. Not accidentally mind you, very deliberate. First he fired a salvo into the water next to me when I sailed close to him on my way past. Then he fired a second salvo right into me as I was sailing along next to him, minding my own damn business. Why do some people feel they need to do that? It's not like I stole his kill or anything, in fact I held my fire (torps) as he was too close to the red BB to risk it.

Anyway, Silliwangi is weak, it's guns are ok in that they have decent range and hit reasonably hard, but there's just 2 x 2 that have a 5 second reload. The torps take over 2 minutes to reload as well (stock) with just 10 km range too. 5.9 km detection with all modules and captain skills isn't really all that special either.

20200125002240_1.jpg

1,355 posts
5,718 battles
33 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

Pretty much this ^ None of those ships deserve to be in game, just a cash grab. I'm sure they play ok, but I personally have no real interest in completely made up ships like Bajie

For a Mainland Chinese player, Anshan and Huanghe (as two of the first major surface combatants acquired by PLAN) have some special attraction for their historical values (my current profile picture is PLAN Anshan firing in a naval exercise) and patriotic sentiment. I wonder if Indonesian players of this game hold similiar attitude towards KRI Gadjah Mada, KRI Siliwangi or KRI Irian that are allocated to higher tiers in game, while I have heard that Littlewhitemouse has managed to successfully lobbied WG for HMCS Haida's implementation.

About Irian, in my opinion I would just forget about that legend called Mikhail Kutuzov and tell myself: "enjoy the beautiful lines of Project 68-bis, enjoy flamethrowing like in Shchors and now she have Japanese-grade torpedoes as the icing on the cake". Though I do agree DWT+TRB is decidedly mediocre in contrast to radar which would help the team better, not to say smokescreen which locked M.K. to the abyss of lootboxes.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles

FYI, my decision on premium ships is now purely based on this one rule: DOES THE SHIP BRING SOMETHING OP AND NEW TO THE FLEET OF SHIPS I ALREADY HAVE?

Hence, why the only ships I am now interested in are: Kamikaze R, Kutu, Payfast. Out of the Lootnar boxes, the only ships I don't have are the 3 new ships. Of the rest, they are all rusting in port. Loyang is the only one that I take out to play. The rest are like MEH.

Yes, you are fully in your right to gamble for the ships. No, you are not entitled to complain about your bad luck. You have chosen to take that risk in full knowledge that you may get absolutely no ships. That is why I always say before you buy: are the consolation prizes worth the value if you don't get the main prize?

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 2

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles
29 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

For a Mainland Chinese player, Anshan and Huanghe (as two of the first major surface combatants acquired by PLAN) have some special attraction for their historical values (my current profile picture is PLAN Anshan firing in a naval exercise) and patriotic sentiment. I wonder if Indonesian players of this game hold similiar attitude towards KRI Gadjah Mada, KRI Siliwangi or KRI Irian that are allocated to higher tiers in game, while I have heard that Littlewhitemouse has managed to successfully lobbied WG for HMCS Haida's implementation.

About Irian, in my opinion I would just forget about that legend called Mikhail Kutuzov and tell myself: "enjoy the beautiful lines of Project 68-bis, enjoy flamethrowing like in Shchors and now she have Japanese-grade torpedoes as the icing on the cake". Though I do agree DWT+TRB is decidedly mediocre in contrast to radar which would help the team better, not to say smokescreen which locked M.K. to the abyss of lootboxes.

I can understand the sentimental value if you're a navy buff, and I don't mind those two ships (I actually even enjoy Huanghe 😁) But I hate the idea of Bajie and Wukong, completely fictitious ships, that are in game over more interesting and more deserving ships and lines of other nations many of which fought in numerous naval engagements. And gameplay wise often just with a few gimmicks thrown in to try and separate them from the tech tree or original ship.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

1,355 posts
5,718 battles
22 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

I can understand the sentimental value if you're a navy buff, and I don't mind those two ships (I actually even enjoy Huanghe 😁) But I hate the idea of Bajie and Wukong, completely fictitious ships, that are in game over more interesting and more deserving ships and lines of other nations many of which fought in numerous naval engagements. And gameplay wise often just with a few gimmicks thrown in to try and separate them from the tech tree or original ship.

I believe their origin is the two Dragon Myokos that were originally created exclusively for Kongzhong server (and now available for everyone). Indeed I have seen someone commented here that WG can directly sell special, "Journey to the West-themed" premium "skins" (and to sweeten the deal, for example, give them economic bonuses like those T10 special ships) for Charles Martel and Izumo in Chinese language.

[FORCE]
2,183 posts
11,609 battles
1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

For a Mainland Chinese player, Anshan and Huanghe (as two of the first major surface combatants acquired by PLAN) have some special attraction for their historical values (my current profile picture is PLAN Anshan firing in a naval exercise) and patriotic sentiment. I wonder if Indonesian players of this game hold similiar attitude towards KRI Gadjah Mada, KRI Siliwangi or KRI Irian that are allocated to higher tiers in game

The most well-known one is the KRI Irian. My maternal great-grandfather served on the ship during the Indonesia's attempt to liberate the West Papua from the Dutch. The ship's name itself is an acronym which can be roughly translated as "Follow the Indonesian Republic Against the Netherlands. And I believe the ship was the pride of our nation here because she was the largest ship in active service in Asia (most countries only had DDs, except the PRC whom had Huang He). Many people here still mistake her to be a battleship due to her sheer size (and no one has ever seen a real battleship to begin with). And the ship's actual specifications remain a secret, many news & books show inaccurate specifications. Some say she her main armaments were 10 cm guns, some say 12 cm, etc. 

Years later, the government's decision to sell the ship became a controversy because the rumor says the ship was sold to Japan to be scrapped. During this period, the Anti-Japan sentiment was still very high. Another rumor says the ship was sold to Taiwan, also to be scrapped. Most of the information about the ship's fate remains a mystery until today. The only sure thing about the ship before she was sold was the fact that the ship was disarmed completely, and her armaments was kept by our navy for research purposes.

Edit:

I doubt many people from young generations knew about this ship before WG added this ship into the game unless they are history nerds. But that is still a nice form of recognition from WG that they remember we purchased the ship half a decade ago.

Edited by Sir_Feather
  • Cool 5

[CLAY]
2,641 posts
11,962 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

FYI, my decision on premium ships is now purely based on this one rule: DOES THE SHIP BRING SOMETHING OP AND NEW TO THE FLEET OF SHIPS I ALREADY HAVE?

Hence, why the only ships I am now interested in are: Kamikaze R, Kutu, Payfast. Out of the Lootnar boxes, the only ships I don't have are the 3 new ships. Of the rest, they are all rusting in port. Loyang is the only one that I take out to play. The rest are like MEH.

Yes, you are fully in your right to gamble for the ships. No, you are not entitled to complain about your bad luck. You have chosen to take that risk in full knowledge that you may get absolutely no ships. That is why I always say before you buy: are the consolation prizes worth the value if you don't get the main prize?

My decision on premium ships is “can I get it for free for an acceptable amount of effort?” With ‘acceptable’ defined by me based on how I feel at any point in time. Yes, I occasionally get drawn in by the ‘sunk cost fallacy’ where if I’ve spent a lot of time grinding, I’m willing to spend to complete, but that limit is only around $10 or so, not spending more to complete a grind.

If WG want my cash, they’re better off using the Cossack method.

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
1 hour ago, blauflamme22 said:

And gameplay wise often just with a few gimmicks thrown in to try and separate them from the tech tree or original ship.

Where are my Supergravity Cannon and Graviton Engine Gimmicks? And the unique gimmicks for each of the ARP Myokos?

[LBAS]
1,720 posts
3,412 battles
18 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The most well-known one is the KRI Irian. My maternal great-grandfather served on the ship .....

Hooliiii miliki i envy you... I mean your great grandfather.

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

. I wonder if Indonesian players of this game hold similiar attitude towards KRI Gadjah Mada, KRI Siliwangi or KRI Irian that are allocated to higher tiers in game, while I have heard that Littlewhitemouse has managed to successfully lobbied WG for HMCS Haida's implementation.

Yes it did, some uneducated People also exagerating it more like it can face to face with Iowa.

WG Should replace the silly TRB and change it with repair party. Also add option to pick hydro or AADF. The DWT could remain as it.

First, its bought to direct counter Netherlands CV and its fleet. Why cant have AADF and STRONK AA.... Its also silly in the CV meta...

Second, Indonesia Navy threat it like battleship... It should have repair party and slightly thicker armor.

WG need profit, Prinz and Atago is huge sell due to its repair party.... Why cannt our ship have repair party too? Chaos have usefull radar, kutu have smoke.... Why we have TRB?

• Funny 1

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
3 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Why cannt our ship have repair party too? Chaos have usefull radar, kutu have smoke.... Why we have TRB?

Because the balancing department at wg has no clue of the meaning of balance?

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles
9 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Where are my Supergravity Cannon and Graviton Engine Gimmicks? And the unique gimmicks for each of the ARP Myokos?

The whole point of WG gimmicks is they never give you what you want :Smile_trollface:

• Bad 1

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,747 battles

Lootbox are in a sense, gambling box.

Gambling is a game of chance. Hence, there is no guarantee you will get the intended rewards.

If you want to get the ships, purchase them in either the premium shop or via doubloons after the initial release. (Doubloon ships get coupon discounts.)

After the 2019 christmas event, WG lootbox practice are becoming a bit, questionable.:Smile_unsure:

• Cool 3

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,747 battles
13 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Because the balancing department at wg has no clue of the meaning of balance?

Because they still pray to that effin false god of theirs. :Smile-angry:

They take "wrong decisions" to new level.

1,355 posts
5,718 battles
52 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The most well-known one is the KRI Irian. My maternal great-grandfather served on the ship during the Indonesia's attempt to liberate the West Papua from the Dutch. The ship's name itself is an acronym which can be roughly translated as "Follow the Indonesian Republic Against the Netherlands. And I believe the ship was the pride of our nation here because she was the largest ship in active service in Asia (most countries only had DDs, except the PRC whom had Huang He). Many people here still mistake her to be a battleship due to her sheer size (and no one has ever seen a real battleship to begin with). And the ship's actual specifications remain a secret, many news & books show inaccurate specifications. Some say she her main armaments were 10 cm guns, some say 12 cm, etc. 

Years later, the government's decision to sell the ship became a controversy because the rumor says the ship was sold to Japan to be scrapped. During this period, the Anti-Japan sentiment was still very high. Another rumor says the ship was sold to Taiwan, also to be scrapped. Most of the information about the ship's fate remains a mystery until today. The only sure thing about the ship before she was sold was the fact that the ship was disarmed completely, and her armaments was kept by our navy for research purposes.

Edit:

I doubt many people from young generations knew about this ship before WG added this ship into the game unless they are history nerds. But that is still a nice form of recognition from WG that they remember we purchased the ship half a decade ago.

Wow, thanks for the valuable information you've provided about KRI Irian's high prestige back to her heyday. It reminds me of it is said that some Greeks insist to call Georgios Averof a "battleship" despite her classification as an armoured cruiser (and being one of the last ships that belong to this category).

Also Chung King/Ex-HMS Aurora (she hasn't been properly renamed as a functional cruiser in PLAN service) has served in PLAN as the navy's first cruiser for about only 16 days: her crew mutinied and joined the PLA cause on March 2nd 1949 near Shanghai, and have to scuttle her at Huludao on March 20th after repeated KMT aerial attacks. She was salvaged later in May 1951 but the scuttling process has caused so much damage to her (many of her sophisticated equipment has been corroded by saline water) that her repair & restoration costs would be prohibitive for the nascent navy. As a result she was decleared a construction total lost and spent the rest of her life as a storage and accommodation hulk, though I have also heard that there were plans about salvaging a set of VTE reciprocating steam engines from another obsolete cruiser that has been scuttled in Yangtze River in 1937 as blockship to power the defunct cruiser.

The ship has some fame in Chinese military enthusiasts... primarily for her brief career in contrast to her sisters, many of them were retired only when the Cold War has been coming to its end.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
35 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Because they still pray to that effin false god of theirs. :Smile-angry:

That is Heresy! It calls for an Exterminatus! The Inquistorius demands it!

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,747 battles
16 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

That is Heresy! It calls for an Exterminatus! The Inquistorius demands it!

spreadsheets.png

Inquistorius.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif

[SALT]
2,015 posts
10,542 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

The only sure thing about the ship before she was sold was the fact that the ship was disarmed completely, and her armaments was kept by our navy for research purposes.

No, It doesnt. After G-30S Comunist coup, Pro-Communist Indonesian goverment collapse, and the new Goverment loosen tie with Communist.

The presence of varius USSR arms in Indonesia was considered threat to Soviet Strategic weapon Secret. especialy Strategic Bomber Tu-16 Badger and Anti Ship Missile KS-1 Kennel and New Mig-21(which at that point only given to carefuly selected Major USSR Allied).

fall of Indonesia Comunist regime cause a lot of Tension betwen USSR and US. but since USSR cant recover their arms as it would fuel anti communist sentiment that already claimed hunderds thousand of lives purged, before. Thus The Backroom deal was ensuring the USSR that Indonesia will Destroy All sensitive Soviet Arms.

I know a friend, he a Junior mechanic back then that watch the Tu-16 Badger destroyed with Wrecking balls (since the plane made with lots of titanium, and Steel saw cant cut it). put its scraps and melt them into spoon. The Missile, Jet Engine and all electronic were destroyed. some Hollow fuslage were kept as museum piece though, after negotiation with USSR liason that oversee the whole process. The same thing happen to Irian, no arms are allowed to be kept - as USSR agent watch the whole process to ensure their weapons stay out of western hands. 

The deal priority was Tu-16 though. as It was very important Strategic bomber, no one in the region have Nuclear capable strategic bomber. it especialy made Australia extremly wary 

Edited by humusz

[FORCE]
2,183 posts
11,609 battles
21 minutes ago, humusz said:

No, It doesnt. After G-30S Comunist coup, Pro-Communist Indonesian goverment collapse, and the new Goverment loosen tie with Communist.

The presence of varius USSR arms in Indonesia was considered threat to Soviet Strategic weapon Secret. especialy Strategic Bomber Tu-16 Badger and Anti Ship Missile KS-1 Kennel and New Mig-21(which at that point only given to carefuly selected Major USSR Allied).

fall of Indonesia Comunist regime cause a lot of Tension betwen USSR and US. but since USSR cant recover their arms as it would fuel anti communist sentiment that already claimed hunderds thousand of lives purged, before. Thus The Backroom deal was ensuring the USSR that Indonesia will Destroy All sensitive Soviet Arms.

I see the loose ends on that part now. I was curious about the said research purpose because we have nothing that came out from the said research. I mean the navy only focused on using frigates & patrol boats since then.

[SALT]
2,015 posts
10,542 battles
19 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I see the loose ends on that part now. I was curious about the said research purpose because we have nothing that came out from the said research. I mean the navy only focused on using frigates & patrol boats since then.

its Prob non strategic small arms. 

Like the Gun of Mig-21 was known to be kept. but The AA-2 Atoll Anti Air Missile was destroyed. the empty missile fuslage was however is there for Museum piece

Mig-21 at that time also premier Soviet Air power, and very strategicly important. less important aircraft like Mig-19 was allowed to resold to - soviet approved - pakistan though - as "parts"

Edited by humusz

Sign in to follow this