Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Verytis

"Just Dodge1" - Watch Me Suffer

11 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
1,787 posts
3,485 battles

+1 for effort and bit educational...

But, just saying Rocket from T8 CV and above is broken that it can shave 8K Hp from DD.

A single mistake in DD cost you life..... A multiple mistake in CV just reduce your damage

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles

Wait, you have to DODGE in order to win? I can be the last ship standing, get killed by a CV and still win.

• Funny 4

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,781 battles

Btw, I don't have any account that can post on the other servers, or reddit, etc.

So if any of you feel like sharing, please go ahead.

All feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

:cap_popcorn:

Edited by Verytis

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,313 posts
11,038 battles

I loved the RF dodging for the win against that Lexington, angles and avoidance tactics were great in a tense situation!

I would suggest not stopping your turn when rockets are fired, it actually makes it easier to hit you, I noticed you did that in the opening clip.

Pretty fun clip overall, it definitely captures the sometimes frantic nature of DD play in the current meta - there's a lot going on!

[SMOKE]
1,930 posts
16,063 battles
19 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

A single mistake in DD cost you life..... A multiple mistake in CV just reduce your damage

You can replace the term CV with all other kind of ships except DD and while this is what it is as a class of ship; the game is still lacking in providing the class with equal efficient working and consistent offensive and defensive measure to balance out its fragility 

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,781 battles

It was really meant to be both educational and fun. I picked the combination of footage to try and show all aspects of DD vs CV play.

Although they're not perfect examples, I wanted to push this out after reading the ST fighter consumable changes. I might not get another chance if I kept waiting.

• If you're using smoke, the worst case is having wasted your smoke in the middle of nowhere. Ideally, you'd be in a position where you wouldn't mind smoking up anyways, where you can fire your guns or cover friendly ships. All 3 clips where I used smoke, I was in useful position.
  • If you're experienced with regular dodging, being spotted can become far more dangerous than the plane dropped munitions. My Kagerou lost most of the hp to the Akizuki because of the plane spotting, rather than the planes themselves. The clip was about me trying to dig myself out while not dying.
  • Playing with throttle is important and you can make most rockets overshoot or miss you.  DDs are also the most difficult target to hit. In the Jervis vs Lexington clip, the CV might had won if he went for my friendly ships, because they were also on very low hp. Instead he got baited into chasing me. The Midway also wasted 1min doing nothing trying to torp my Lightining.
  • The last clip was just me being in panic mode and getting too focused on dodging planes, so I ate a torpedo for it. Thats me failing my priorities.
Edited by Verytis
  • Cool 2

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,771 posts
13,859 battles

prove me wrong

0wGeTuh.png.2ca954a033c625c9b380789ffccf797a.png

• Funny 1

[MRI]
3,525 posts
15,217 battles
11 hours ago, Verytis said:

If you're experienced with regular dodging, being spotted can become far more dangerous than the plane dropped munitions. My Kagerou lost most of the hp to the Akizuki because of the plane spotting, rather than the planes themselves. The clip was about me trying to dig myself out while not dying.

Agreed. For my DDs, CV spotting is a far bigger threat than the CV planes themselves. 

If you as a DD are losing half your HP to CV rocket planes within the first 5 minutes of the game (as what CV haters often claim), then you are just plain bad.

Sign in to follow this