Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

0.9.1 Bulletin Out-DISCUSSION TIME

33 comments in this topic

5,143 posts
9,109 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/bulletin-091/

London: pretty sure this grind is easier than Gorizia.

Cunningham: I don't know, looks CV to me. I'll save Tokens for premium time if that's available.

Ranked: Great, another T10 season.

Upgrade Update: ambivalent and most likely aren't tested enough.

New Map: looks like a reharsh of existing maps. Not new at all. Just look at it!

Edited by Paladinum

[-CAT-]
2,750 posts
12,222 battles
29 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Ranked: Great, another T10 season.

'Sigh' WG. What happened to "play low tier"?

Also, are there news if there will be rentals?

Upgrade Update: ambivalent and most likely aren't tested enough.

Adding: No to NTC / RB for locking UU. :Smile_izmena:

New Map: looks like a reharsh of an existing map. Not new at all.

Land of Fire.

Islands on the east were repositioned and replaced from tropical to winter climate

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LBAS]
5,090 posts
11,316 battles
18 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

another  2GB update :fish_palm:

That's nothing to concern because you could take 2GB easy

1,499 posts
6,628 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

'Sigh' WG. What happened to "play low tier"?

Also, are there news if there will be rentals?

Adding: No to NTC / RB for locking UU. :Smile_izmena:

Land of Fire.

Islands on the east were repositioned and replaced from tropical to winter climate

Land of Fire has nothing to do with tropics... I believe it is based on Tierra del Fuego at the southern tip of South America as the replay name of that map suggests.

[-CAT-]
2,750 posts
12,222 battles
10 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Land of Fire has nothing to do with tropics... I believe it is based on Tierra del Fuego at the southern tip of South America as the replay name of that map suggests.

?

We were saying that the map is not new, but used existing map and re positioned some islands.

And instead of temperate climate, it is now covered in snow.

Map looks almost like it is based on "Land of Fire" map.

[SMOKE]
2,183 posts
17,073 battles

I am still against the change to AA Mod.1 which is a life saver for so many weak to mediocre AA ships, a needed property by giving them that needed AA and changing it to bonus on prep time on sector do not made a fair deal. And I am against the Torpedo Protection System; which is practically nullifying all relatively stealthy and slow torpedo to basically useless when their usefulness is already significantly hampered by the game itself .. this is clearly a balance only mean for countering French and soon European torp at the cost of making everyone else unusable

Ranked : T10 DD & CL nightmare, they will be asked to go out and cap those buff but then 1 CV in the roster and all would be ruined , only 6 surface ships to hunt , which mean the CV can focus their effort easily and any surface ships under focused aerial attack will go down alright ; the single cap zone pretty much area locked a lot of ships, this mode is OK in previous iteration but introduction of CV into this game mode would be IMHO a big ????

New Map , did WG run out of material, it looks like just some small tweak here and there , its made for yet some high tier sitting and camping style play. Might be the should just go buy a real map and check real topography & cartography .. instead

Edited by Mechfori

1,499 posts
6,628 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

?

We were saying that the map is not new, but used existing map and re positioned some islands.

And instead of temperate climate, it is now covered in snow.

Map looks almost like it is based on "Land of Fire" map.

I simply wants to mean that the map "Land of Fire" seems to be based on Tierra del Fuego, a frigid, desolate subantarctic archipelago with rough, churning seas around it, rather than those ones found in the Tropics.

And yes the "new" map resembles Land of Fire with typical "feelings" like subarctic regions in the northern hemisphere. Now that we have mentioned polar environment, where is Bering Sea and the Breakthrough mode?

[-CAT-]
2,750 posts
12,222 battles
7 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Now that we have mentioned polar environment, where is Bering Sea and the Breakthrough mode?

Development hell or not a priority develpment.

Developers must be too focus on submarine.

[CLAY]
2,958 posts
13,271 battles
5 hours ago, Mechfori said:

And I am against the Torpedo Protection System; which is practically nullifying all relatively stealthy and slow torpedo to basically useless when their usefulness is already significantly hampered by the game itself .. this is clearly a balance only mean for countering fFrench and soon European torp at the cost of making everyone else unusable

Not true. It also nullifies the gimmick of the Pan Asia DDs.

However, I think most people will still go with concealment.

• Cool 1

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

That upgrade no longer has the "extra torp spotting range" effect.

Nope! I am stupid!

TMW Patch note 0.9.1 is out but no LNY article. This is getting stupider by the second.

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
2,183 posts
17,073 battles
43 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well I mean that too, Slow and Stealthy is what deep water torp had on Asian DD , the whole Upgrade option is making practically torpedo the weapon a useless one for almost everyone. Whether people will go with the upgrade or not is not the matter the point is such upgrade that do this kind of thing should not even be allowed. Its totally biasing against light force to please big guns only

[SMOKE]
2,183 posts
17,073 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

TMW Patch note 0.9.1 is out but no LNY article.

well looking high and low , no where did WG state anything about taking back that 1.8KM assured torpedo acquisition range , its still there by all account, and the open Beta are specific about that being there

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,958 posts
13,271 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

Its totally biasing against light force to please big guns only

WGs been doing that for years. Mostly because BBabies complain about having to move their rudder, maintain situational and minimal awareness, and predict where DD is and where torps come from.

Nobody points out how effective it is for BBs to fire large caliber shells (especially if HE) at DDs every 30 seconds or so, at ranges or less than 10 km. No DD complains about having to use WASD to avoid their shells.

[CLAY]
2,958 posts
13,271 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

TMW Patch note 0.9.1 is out but no LNY article. This is getting stupider by the second.

For an upgrade that no longer has the effect, the bulletin released yesterday sure says that the upgrade has that effect.

Upon rereading the bulletin, it states: “IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication”

Which means they changed their minds since yesterday.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

5,143 posts
9,109 battles

Dam it. They mentioned in Dev Blog. I thought they removed it. Still going through?

Sorry captains. Should have read it more correctly. Dam it.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,854 posts
6,090 battles

I don't really care about their development 0.9.1 or something.

I only care when Regia Marina Battleship is coming to develop or not. We have Roma and Giulio Cesare for a while now .

[LGND]
542 posts
12,971 battles

that Main Battery Mod 2 really make  montana Gun turret traverse almost Kremlin level turret speed if you combine it with John Doe/Halsey....:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Gesterbein

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles
8 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I don't really care about their development 0.9.1 or something.

I only care when Regia Marina Battleship is coming to develop or not. We have Roma and Giulio Cesare for a while now .

The RM Battleships should be the ones with SAP & AP as default ammo types, not the cruisers!

Imagine how trollish >406 mm SAP can be:Smile_trollface:

[ESDF]
9 posts
5,034 battles

Andrew Cunningham: my guess is he'll be suitable for CA, DD, or CV, since lol CL AP only, and the only way you'll flood someone with a BB is by ramming

Maneuverability System 1: highly welcome, since you won't have to choose which module will break more often

Torpedo Protection System: hate this one a lot, since DWT ships will be pretty much dead. Also, +5% torpedo protection? Seems like it's a BUFF to the Kremlin :Smile_hiding:

Main Battery Mod. 2: it's a good one, this upgrade may reduce the amount of Aiming Systems upgrade being bought :Smile_trollface:

Worcester's Enhanced Measures: imagine Radar Mod and this one combined. RIP stealthy ships

Arms Race Ranked Battle: can't expect much, but can Kleber hit 60 knots? :fish_nerv:

In Closing: LUNAR NEW YEAR NEWS WHEN?

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,327 posts
20,630 battles
57 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The RM Battleships should be the ones with SAP & AP as default ammo types, not the cruisers!

"SAP is good against superstructure". I sorely want to shove that down people's throats when they say that. I was in my Zara in Narai last night with the wolfpack and it was performing terribly against dds, bb superstructures, cls. I did more damage to the NY/QE/Colo using AP. In CQC. The only thing where they work supereffectively are the transports. Can we have more transports in random/co-op matches?

I stand by my statement that only T10 (maybe T9) pasta cruisers are any good.

[KAMI]
486 posts
6,174 battles
54 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Possibly Mino's worst nightmare.

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

Could you not give them (stupid) ideas?

[TLS]
4,327 posts
20,630 battles
Just now, Verytis said:

Possibly Mino's worst nightmare.

A Mino's worst nightmare is a barrage of shells aimed blindly from anything that somehow causes multicits and instant death. Ship doesn't matter.

Sign in to follow this