Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gesterbein

Benson AA

19 comments in this topic

[LGND]
543 posts
13,029 battles

so last night im playing Benson again to continue regrinding her for RB point....
my build currently is basic DD build (10 point skills commander)...
and this is the result using hull C,  try shooting something but its just shattered lol...
so i just cap cap cap and become AA platform and trolling CV rocket planes....
so if i full spec benny for AA build is it worth it ?

shot-20.01.21_23.02.03-0924.jpg

shot-20.01.21_23.02.09-0591.jpg

• Funny 1

5,169 posts
9,121 battles

Sorry to intrude, but I have the same question but for Fletcher.

Is a full AA build (sans Manual AA) worth it?

Edited by Paladinum

[LGND]
543 posts
13,029 battles
4 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Holy Ship those are Enty's planes!

GG no damage win

A certain group of players will say it's fake:Smile_trollface:

cant wait Ikea DD full AA build :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[LGND]
543 posts
13,029 battles
17 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

already try using that manual but its useless that instant damage need timing because your AA also instant cooldown.....

Edited by Gesterbein

[REPOI]
9 posts
8,179 battles

Don't bother, AA builds are worthless, especially AFT (and even worse, MAA) for AA specifically. If you happen to take BFT for your guns then sure, the extra DPS is a nice extra, but don't get the skills just for the AA.

• Cool 1

5,169 posts
9,121 battles
49 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

cant wait Ikea DD full AA build :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_trollface: Not just the guns and the AA, also the lightning torps

[TLS]
4,371 posts
20,673 battles

Heavy AA build for Benny? Yes. People in the clan frequently mock T10 CVs in their benny/kidds/akiduckky. MFAA? Waste of 4 points.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,136 battles

Depends , there are better AA ships but if the goal is to mitigate aerial damage then it could be an option .. also MM , facing T6 and T8 CV it might be viable but facing say a T10 it might be a struggle , pending which CV and the players skill, MFAA no it just do not work on any DD you need to had very strong AA to start with before benefiting from MFAA , this is perhaps , right now one of the most useless 4 point skill around

I tend not to build DD full AA but as a synergy build ( BFT, AFT ) together with upgrades , do not expect to perform as an AA platform , other ships can do it far better, but think of this as support task, and resilience build into the DD itself

[KAMI]
491 posts
6,189 battles

You don't build for AA because you don't want AA to make your air detection bigger.

[HIT]
148 posts
5,108 battles

Good result for zero damage game. And people are crying that DD rewards are sorely lacking.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,136 battles
22 minutes ago, Don72 said:

Good result for zero damage game. And people are crying that DD rewards are sorely lacking.

I believe its not that DD rewards are lacking ( in numbers ) but in return, they are asked to go out and perform dangerous tactical tasks but are not rewarded for due service rendered when each and everyone else can stay in safety , safely sit, camp, snipe, and farm .. you do not build a game where effort and task accomplished are not recognized and in fact negatively incentive attached, but that is what it is right now for DD ( and CL in lesser extent )

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles

8 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

so last night im playing Benson again to continue regrinding her for RB point....
and this is the result using hull C,  try shooting something but its just shattered lol...

shot-20.01.21_23.02.03-0924.jpg

no

[SALT]
2,092 posts
10,571 battles
11 hours ago, Paladinum said:

The more trash, your AA is. the better skill it will be

The Better your AA is, The Trash the skill will be

The more invested on AA build you are, the less value you get from that skill

Such design is kinda Shitty - as expected of WG game design and balans departement :Smile_trollface:

The best return of investment of this skill, is when you ship have like almost no AA. like Imperator Nikolai that only have 2 AA gun lol

Edited by humusz

[MRI]
3,684 posts
15,991 battles
15 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

Imo no.

The best defence DDs have against CVs is and always has been stealth and smart play. Also switching from B to C hull requires you to give up one main gun in exchange for better short range AA and the ability to mount DFAA. Imo this is not worth it considering that DDs should be contesting the caps, and a lot of that requires you to shoot at other DDs. 1 less main gun is a big dps loss in a DD vs DD duel.

And imo the AA skills aren't very useful for DDs with the exception of BFT. At 4 points MAA is too expensive for what it does, and AFT can actually be detrimental as it increases your main gun range, meaning you main guns  just bloom further out after firing, making it easier for you to get spotted.

14 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Nope, for similar reasons. Fletcher can get AA mod 2 upgrade, but imo this isn't worth it either since you have to either give up torpedo reload or main gun reload. AFT skill I have already covered.

If you want to improve your AA, my suggestion would be to take BFT skill,  AA mod 1 upgrade (for the 2 extra flak puffs), use DFAA instead of speed boost and mount the AA flag. That is what my Fletcher captain was running when I was grinding the ship.

Any more AA related stuff than that is not worth it imo.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,136 battles
16 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I kind of thinking if you want to build it with a build in AA & counter aerial attack resilience instead of thinking of it as AA platform, then its possible , AA mod.1 on Slot 3, BFT, AFT which also help the main gun in surface to surface combat , AA Mod.2 really only benefit the ships with good numbers ( by default already ) in all of short, mid, and long rang AA. MFAA really is pretty useless and again only benefit those ships already having strong AA output by default

Edited by Mechfori

[AN-DO]
706 posts
10,392 battles

Agree, with most of the others comments here, unless you are running Friesland in a full AA build to troll a CV its just not worth it. As has been previously mentioned a lot of skills that you'd have anyway like BFT can give you a nice little boost without taking away from your primary tactics and role

[HIT]
148 posts
5,108 battles
12 hours ago, Mechfori said:

I believe its not that DD rewards are lacking ( in numbers ) but in return, they are asked to go out and perform dangerous tactical tasks but are not rewarded for due service rendered when each and everyone else can stay in safety , safely sit, camp, snipe, and farm .. you do not build a game where effort and task accomplished are not recognized and in fact negatively incentive attached, but that is what it is right now for DD ( and CL in lesser extent )

Show me another ship (any ship) than can get 10k+ XP with zero damage, then we'll talk.

[AN-DO]
706 posts
10,392 battles
1 hour ago, Don72 said:

Show me another ship (any ship) than can get 10k+ XP with zero damage, then we'll talk.

Most of that XP was from the plane kills which seem to give you more XP on DDs, if he'd just got the caps he wouldn't have done very well

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this