Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Amardyl

About to delete this game

24 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,350 battles

I don't mind losing games as this is just the way it is.

However, to lose every single game in one night is absolute crap.

I have played co-op and random battles and not won a single one yet.  Where is the fun in that????

Even the worse players should get lucky and win games by chance, to lose them all is just not right!

Shots were landing all round the enemy ships, not hitting, ships constantly disappeared just prior to me firing all the time.

Get the team matching rules working correctly, stop this crap.

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
5,100 posts
11,359 battles

Feel sorry for you, Have you every tried Co-op?

[LBAS]
1,936 posts
3,668 battles

TRUST ME

DONT CHASE WIN! just sail and enjoy

everyone get massive lose streak at the moment.... even the Pro player

just stop playing for a while, calm your mind watch youtube.

if you still noob or RNG no luck, ITS normal

just look, NO ONE HERE GOT 99% WR no matter how good they are....

it just matter of time until you become good player

Remember this :

If you win, someone at opposing team is also angry

if you lose, someone at opposing team is happy

its PvP, player VS PLAYER...... you are not the only one who want win

also, i recommend play CV

you DEAD LAST

you attack anyone from any distance

nothing can stop you

everyone recommend play Co-Op

NO

play CV, increase your skill significantly

EASIEST SHIP TO PLAY

HIGH REWARD

DONT UNINSTALL YET

UNTIL YOU TRY CV

i am used to be NOOB getting 20 lose streak every week..... almost uninstall! but i got enlightment when watching "Drifter Opening".... why i dont play CV?

now, WIN OR LOSE doesnt matter.... i  am unstoppable

with the CV force....

JOIN US KAMERAD!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SMOKE]
2,216 posts
17,119 battles

sit back, reel back, you do not win games when you do not had a cool head .. it feel bad when one lose, but we all gone through that .. you might just chance upon a bad day ( bad evening ) but we all do come time , best trick is step away from the game for a wile, chill out and come back a latter date , a latter time ...

If you consistently lose then its more likely you need to reflect on yourselves what's wrong , it might be as simple as playing the ship in a fashion the ships just not catered for or spec it wrong or you might need to adjust your play and play style

Edited by Mechfori

[KAMI]
491 posts
6,189 battles

Take a break and grab a snack. You'll play better. Sometimes you also just run into really bad timing and encounter the worst of the playerbase.

Examine your mistakes.

The nature of probability means that you'll eventually run into some terrible streaks given sufficent rolls.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,652 battles

Bad team matchmaking on WG part............. you cant stop it........ it happens to all of us....... cant win no matter what or any ship. Losing streak is way higher then the wins. Best thing is just leave go play another game and come back the next day.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles

If you wanted to delete it please do so, no one will ever bother to stop you,

you are better than those who hate the game so much but refuse to go.

The best counter for WG's current practice is to delete the game and stop being it's potential customer.

Edited by spixys

[MRI]
3,683 posts
15,985 battles

Sounds like OP is on tilt and starts to play badly which just makes things worse. I experience that too. Sometime I am on a losing streak, get upset, start playing badly, then lose even more. When that happens the best is to just take a break from the game.

• Cool 2

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,750 posts
8,280 battles

Don't keep playing if you lose.  Lose a couple then leave for a while.  Do something else then come back later.    Going on tilt and keeping on losing does nothing for you

• Cool 1

[HIT]
148 posts
5,108 battles
11 hours ago, Amardyl said:

Shots were landing all round the enemy ships, not hitting, ships constantly disappeared just prior to me firing all the time.

You've only got 600 battles under your belt, you are basically a brand new player. You need to learn how the game works first so you become a better player.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,402 posts
11,335 battles
12 hours ago, Amardyl said:

I don't mind losing games as this is just the way it is.

However, to lose every single game in one night is absolute crap.

I have played co-op and random battles and not won a single one yet.  Where is the fun in that????

Even the worse players should get lucky and win games by chance, to lose them all is just not right!

Get the team matching rules working correctly, stop this crap.

Don't quit.

The fact that you actually want to win is a good thing.  You're already ahead of plenty of people.  What you need to do if you want to win though, is to harness that desire to win into a desire to improve your skills.  The better you are at this game, the more you will win.  However, even though the game appears to be simple, it is most definitely not.  There is a great deal to learn, and all of it have a direct impact on your ability to affect the battle. 

In each different class there are things you need to know to be successful.  As an example, as a BB player you need to know the mechanics of AP shells - this includes fusing thickness and time, penetration mechanics, bounce mechanics, hit mechanics (citadel, reg pen, overpen), dispersion mechanics, and overmatch mechanics - without knowing all of this you don't know what and when to shoot for maximum effect.  You need to know armour profiles of both your own ship, and any ships you will be shooting at, to know where and at what angle you need to hit a target to maximise the chance of high damage, and what angles you need to provide to minimise the chances of you taking damage.  Every class has important mechanics like this that you need to know.   It adds up fast, but the satisfaction of applying your knowledge to win the battle for your team is very high, and nothing good comes without effort.

One of the most important things you need to learn in this game, the most important skill of all, is positioning.  Being in the right place at the right speed with the right angle or angular change is the number one thing that defines whether you will be successful or not.  Learning positioning is not easy, it requires mechanics knowledge as mentioned before, but it also requires the ability to read the flow of the battle on the minimap and work out what is likely going to happen well before it does, and then position yourself to best respond to what will happen in the future.  This only comes with experience combined with an application to improve.

The other important thing you need is a learning attitude.  If you automatically blame your team and look outward to fault others when things go badly, you will not be able to improve your ability.  It is only when you look at a situation and truly own your mistakes, by working out where you were at fault, that you can analyse those mistakes and try and correct them for the future.  You can't improve from a mistake when you don't admit it happened.

Lastly, as others have said here, you were likely on tilt when you were losing that much.  You will have nights where despite your best efforts you lose a lot.  All you can do is work out what you could have done better, and use that as a learning experience to improve.  If you find yourself getting upset and emotional, and chasing a win by playing much more aggressively, you are on tilt, and that means you will likely continue to lose.  When you feel that emotional level of play, all you can do is stop playing after that battle, and walk away.  Come back later when you are relaxed and level headed.

• Cool 3

88 posts
4,746 battles

If you think WOWS is bad for novice players try Warthunder's Tank Battles. It is horrendous!

Last year at one point I stopped playing WOWS because it became unplayable for Mac computer users (and remained so for several months). I decided to try Warthunder tanks.

The first dozen games I played I was one of the top scorers every battle (and often the top scorer). I advanced one level and suddenly I was getting my tanks destroyed one after another every battle. It seemed as though I was suddenly being matched with players who had been playing for years and knew every trick in the book and this happened EVERY game. I was really tempted to give up but eventually I started scoring one or two kills now and then and even got to three kills. About then I checked WOWS to see if it was still unplayable and discovered they were taking steps to fix the problems Mac users were having. After a month or so of intermittent play then further problems it has settled down (although I still have the occasional problem accessing the Armoury and Inventory).

Back to your problems, I know how it feels, I still have losing streaks but at least now I usually feel as though I am getting somewhere and occasionally I will have a great battle where I score big. As for ships disappearing just before you get a chance to fire a salvo at them, that really irritates me too. It almost feels like the game is conspiring against you but I've come to accept that and regard it as part of the 'fog of war'.

Anyway, keep at it, you'll learn new tricks and pick up tips here and there. Persistence pays off.

Edited by Pete_the_pirate

[TLS]
4,368 posts
20,667 battles

Nobody can stop you from deleting it off your storage space if you feel that strongly about it.

Has someone posted the "DO IT!" meme yet?

191 posts
6,169 battles

This is how I do it

I have two accounts , on one I only play PvP once a week ,one game only ( not on weekend ) to satisfy the RANDOM urge

On the other account I only play PvE  usually every day till earn first XP crate ( leave game in happy /winning frame of mind ) 

next time I play PvP , I have forgotten wether the last game was win or loss

AND NEVER CHECK ON MY STATS

• Cool 1

[HIT]
148 posts
5,108 battles
39 minutes ago, chicony56 said:

This is how I do it

I have two accounts , on one I only play PvP once a week ,one game only ( not on weekend ) to satisfy the RANDOM urge

On the other account I only play PvE  usually every day till earn first XP crate ( leave game in happy /winning frame of mind ) 

next time I play PvP , I have forgotten wether the last game was win or loss

AND NEVER CHECK ON MY STATS

That sounds awfully inefficient having two separate accounts.

• Cool 1

191 posts
6,169 battles
10 minutes ago, Don72 said:

Inefficient to what end ? If wanting to rise up the tiers ( no interest to me ) maybe so

I have found my sweet spot ( tier v _ vi)

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
2 hours ago, Don72 said:

Depends on your endgame goal.

I have 3 accounts including this one as my main which has 11 T10 ships, and has reached the endgame because I've got all I want to have. I only use the other 2 accounts just to deceive anyone who looks at others' stats at low & mid tiers, and both have less than 1000 battles in record.

It's fun to pretend to be a newbie because no one expects those accounts are controlled by someone with a heck lot of experience despite the low numbers:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Sir_Feather
  • Cool 2

[HIT]
148 posts
5,108 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

It's fun to pretend to be a newbie because no one expects those accounts are controlled by someone with a heck lot of experience despite the low numbers:Smile_trollface:

Thumbs up to you if that makes you feel better about yourself 👍

Spoiler
Spoiler

[_BOB_]
40 posts
14,551 battles

Amardyl,

Take a break ... like playing a RPG and not progressing properly ... this game has a skill cap and the best thing to do when you have a problem in-front of you is to take a breath re-organize and have another kick at the can , but dont force it ...i believe someone said  "dont chase the win" remember that for all games ... its here to enjoy ... if youre going to lose make them earn it ! you can always find a way to improve even if you lose ... win rate isnt what matters ! 

Sign in to follow this