You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PanzerTitusFernandez

Moskva. A revisit into my second tier 10. How do i maximise my effectiveness?

6 comments in this topic

92 posts
3,648 battles

So as the title suggests, recently i've been playing the Moskva once again. I loved the RU cruiser line and the Moskva is no exception. Nevertheless, my games have been mixed. Typically speaking, i used to play the Moskva as an objective holder, get in so that the radar covers the cap, angle up, preferably with an island covering my broadside, and then just farm damage so that my DD's cap and just tank damage. But it's been giving me mixed results.

Plowing through reddit and the forums, i have seen people on both sides of the camp arguing back and forth that 

a) the Moskva should be played as a roaming cruiser..and indeed there are times when i get into maps which have no caps to contest, this has worked.

b) the Moskva should be played as an objective holder, which is my preferred play style.

What do you veterans think?

What should i do?

Edited by PanzerTitusFernandez

[AN-DO]
4 posts
10,206 battles

No correct answer, if your team is passive and fighting from a distance and the dd"s are not pushing then roam or prepare to be burnt alive, if the team is aggressive and dd"s are supportive its a great boat to bow up and support.

I normally wont get close enough in the first stages of a match to use my radar because I normally find myself on the receiving end of a padding but mid to late game I bow up and fight it out.

• Cool 3

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles

both styles work, the roaming playstyle is extremely tanky but takes your radar away from where it needs to be a lot of the times and you can get cornered easily 

if you objective hold... 25500s, 50mm Penn HE and SAP are things that you get easily killed by, and you will only use your front guns the majority of the time, but your radar is prob more useful than USN ones

• Cool 2

[_BOB_]
40 posts
14,541 battles
17 hours ago, PanzerTitusFernandez said:

a) the Moskva should be played as a roaming cruiser..and indeed there are times when i get into maps which have no caps to contest, this has worked.

b) the Moskva should be played as an objective holder, which is my preferred play style.

What do you veterans think?

What should i do?

A - not so much ,,, you can tank against BBs e-z clap but not your weak sides 

B- yeah cap control or cap denial 

• Cool 1

92 posts
3,648 battles

Thanks for the answers you guys!

So it seems there are no easy answers and that i have to choose which style to go with.

22 hours ago, drakon233 said:

the roaming playstyle is extremely tanky

Huh, i was under the impression that the roaming playstyle would mean the Moskva was less tanky, due to the fact that i have to flash my broadsides during turns and such.

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles
1 hour ago, PanzerTitusFernandez said:

Thanks for the answers you guys!

So it seems there are no easy answers and that i have to choose which style to go with.

Huh, i was under the impression that the roaming playstyle would mean the Moskva was less tanky, due to the fact that i have to flash my broadsides during turns and such.

your kiting angles are extremely strong so the only times you'll be flashing broadsides are when you have fked up, and apart from the belt armor, you have a stalinium bow and ass, and the 60mm deck, the only tankier when tanking is stalin, but she turns much slower so you cant WASD as well

Edited by drakon233