You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

AA is still crap even now, looks like WG cant fix it due to submarines

17 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,029 posts
14,462 battles

"WG why are you not fixing AA controls?"

WG: S U B S

Preety much it since they wonk the AA again.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[TLS]
4,058 posts
20,261 battles
2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

"WG why are you not fixing AA controls?"

WG: S U B S

Preety much it since they wonk the AA again.

Revert to RTS when?

• Cool 2

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,771 posts
13,859 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, dejiko_nyo said:

Revert to RTS when?

BACK TO THE FUTURE EP4

oh! Forgot remove unlimit planes

Edited by Onlinegamer

[-CAT-]
2,273 posts
11,266 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 11:21 AM, dejiko_nyo said:

Revert to RTS when?

On 1/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, Sir_Feather said:

Agree. I can't wait becoming sky kraken with all 9 squadrons against the puny seals:Smile_trollface:

6 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

BACK TO THE FUTURE EP4

oh! Forgot remove unlimit planes

There was a game event in WoT (I just forgot when), they let players play their old version of WoT.

If that happens, we may see the following old mechanics in WoWs:

RTS CV
90 min flooding
5 lv captain skills
no smoke circle indicator
many more

It was only open for 1 event.

The mechanic is available, and past versions are stored in their DB.

It's just a matter of when?

Edited by S0und_Theif

[BLESS]
1,195 posts
10,696 battles

What is it about AA that people don't like now?

flamu has mentionned in a couple of vids recently that DFAA isn't worth taking anymore ... but that's probably a "working as intended" nerf on WGs part, DFAA has to be weak enough to make hydro a viable option. Back during the reework basically hydro on IJN cruisers was nonfunctional since without DFAA you were dead.

In my view the DFAA part of the equation on AA-centric ships works as well as you might reasonably expect now. My problem with the current system is that when you use use the sector AA boost (pressing O) together with DFAA the AA goes into restricted efficiency cooldown well before the DFAA runs out, essentially making DFAA only useful for the 10 seconds the boost is active. Combined with the reality that most plane attacks outlast the 10 seconds of active boost, pressing O is an unknowable gamble of "will a boost + restricted cooldown be worth it over a longer term continuous enhanced AA bubble"

I expect sector AA (which has already gone though a few iterations) will get further tweaks in upcoming patches.

Edited by Rina_Pon

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
46 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Some people still expect DFAA to be capable to insta-kill planes like how it was before CV rework. But they are just the kind of players who still live in 2018.

And if there is any notable difference that CV rework brought to us, it is the universal AA buff to many non-American ships. I mean back then, the rule was:

US = good AA

UK = ok AA

German = average AA

Russian, Japanese, and some French = what AA?

That being said, the American ships were holding a bit too much influence that could decide the match with minimum effort, while the 3 low ones were nothing more than CV foods. Fast forward back to 2019 (or rather 2020), the team lineups are more diverse because a functional AA is no longer an exclusively American thing.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,195 posts
10,696 battles
26 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

That being said, the American ships were holding a bit too much influence that could decide the match with minimum effort, while the 3 low ones were nothing more than CV foods. Fast forward back to 2019 (or rather 2020), the team lineups are more diverse because a functional AA is no longer an exclusively American thing.

That's certainly true. At mid tier, I remember there was (T6) Cleveland and Atlanta and everyone else trying not to move too far from their (enormous) AA bubble. Similar story with DesMoines.

It's much fairer now. German BBs have pretty good AA, some IJN CA like Myoko and Ibuki are surprisingly strong, too. Then theres the likes of Freisland.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,058 posts
20,261 battles

Poor USN cruisers. Now without a defined role that AA is more evenly distributed. Even improved AP angles cannot make up for their increased uselessness in random combat.

[MRI]
3,513 posts
15,189 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

They still expect their lone Des Moine or Minotaur AA to wipe full strength squadrons before they can even drop. Despite WG saying the continuous AA damage was specifically designed not to do that.

2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

In my view the DFAA part of the equation on AA-centric ships works as well as you might reasonably expect now. My problem with the current system is that when you use use the sector AA boost (pressing O) together with DFAA the AA goes into restricted efficiency cooldown well before the DFAA runs out, essentially making DFAA only useful for the 10 seconds the boost is active. Combined with the reality that most plane attacks outlast the 10 seconds of active boost, pressing O is an unknowable gamble of "will a boost + restricted cooldown be worth it over a longer term continuous enhanced AA bubble"

Actually it doesn't work like that. DFAA is always a buff, regardless if priority sector is on cooldown or not.

When Priority Sector is used, the AA on one side is buffed while the other side is nerfed. For example, one side gets buffed to 135% while the other side reduces to 65%. When it runs out, both sides are equalised instantly to 100%. So there is no period in time when your AA bubble is nerfed overall. Unless you mean when planes fly over to the non-prioritised side, which is always a dilemma when using Priority Sector.

For me the real issue is hitting the "P" key to turn off AA also puts DFAA on cooldown, which can make using DFAA on DDs a bit tricky. Turning off AA resets DFAA, but keeping AA on for the full DFAA effect also makes it easier for CV rocket planes to line up their shots.

1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

It doesn't help that the Americans cruisers also tended to have radar. The good thing about the CV/AA rework is that AA gap is much reduced between ships. Des Moines and Minotaurs are no longer "no-fly zones" while still remaining a big threat, at the same time even low AA ships can shoot down a few planes.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
6 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

The good thing about the CV/AA rework is that AA gap is much reduced between ships. Des Moines and Minotaurs are no longer "no-fly zones" while still remaining a big threat, at the same time even low AA ships can shoot down a few planes.

Yup even Musashi actually gets a functional AA, albeit very weak. But it kinda fuels the masochism within me as the enemy CVs take the bait instead of... doing their job, and end up struggling to make some real dents on me.

98 posts
22,997 battles

AA guns are destructible easily, and unable to repair. But planes can be produced (magic). Take a look how easy those AA guns be destroyed, I played Kremlin, and 90% AA guns were killed by HE within 1 min, so when WG said her AA guns were OP, need to be nerfed ( I say f u, u f k ing  kidding me, do not u even play ur own game?).   In RTS mode both AA and planes were unrepairable, if you dont play carefully, u lose all, that is ur problem. How abt current situation? ur AA guns are destroyed early, full squadron of planes is everywhere. CV has better concealment than CA (f king joke). Most tier X BBs have radar guided AA guns but look at hit rate 75% (are u f king joking?)

Why game su ks day by day? Bcoz  WG only listen to what noobs complained, noobs never check themselves, they think that they suck in game bcoz of OP this or OP that , so WG buff this today and nerf that tmr. 

One more thing, this is WOWS NOT WOT, stop using aiming time system in this game. All ships use crosshair to aim and shot, you can design one for planes and SUBS in the future. And for SS, f k to ur "ping" idea,  WWII SS had guide torpedoes? why dont give DD and CA Anti Sub guide torpedoes?

Edited by Barberry
  • Bad 1

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,751 battles

Some people don't like the idea of having to interact with CV.

Making AA more equal between all ships was a good thing, it helps reduce MM problems. Like how people talk about 1 side having all the radar ships.

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
38 minutes ago, Barberry said:

CV has better concealment than CA (f king joke).

You have to be joking. Most CVs have equal concealment with same tier BBs (only Hosho, Ryujo. Shokaku, and Kaga that have low concealment) And the only CA with BB-like concealment is Moskva. You have over 2x more experience in this game than me but you rant like someone with less than 1k battles. But of course this is why Random sucks, because long experience does not mean anything if the supposedly experienced player is as clueless as the newbies.

Edited by Sir_Feather
  • Bad 1

98 posts
22,997 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

You have to be joking. Most CVs have equal concealment with same tier BBs (only Hosho, Ryujo. Shokaku, and Kaga that have low concealment) And the only CA with BB-like concealment is Moskva. You have over 2x more experience in this game than me but you rant like someone with less than 1k battles. But of course this is why Random sucks, because long experience does not mean anything if the supposedly experienced player is as clueless as the newbies.

Most of time you have tier 8 or 6 CV in game, CV is bigger than  CA, but they have better concealment? I have limited knowledge on CV's concealment, so what?  does it affect gaming experience? does it related to whether random suks or not? By the way, is this ur way to judge other people by cutting some sentences from the whole paragraph? u can mention others mistakes, but it does not mean u can use that to judge others  and use that as a reason to complain rendom suks

Edited by Barberry
  • Bad 1

[FORCE]
2,313 posts
12,119 battles
16 minutes ago, Barberry said:

Most of time you have tier 8 or 6 CV in game, CV is bigger than  CA, but they have better concealment? By the way, is this ur way to judge other people by cutting some sentences from the whole paragraph? u can mention others mistakes, but it does not mean u can use that to judge others  and use that as a reason to complain rendom suks

And yet you did complain about that first. But enough with all this fuss, and accept the fact that we both sucks because neither of us are unicums, and of course we are part of why it sucks.

• Bad 1