Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CAPTJANNO

IS MISSOURI COMING BACK

25 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,313 posts
4,892 battles

NO!.

WG just randomly puts a couple in shop for sales and its strictly tech tree/ already available ships ONLY.

They didn't even include the super OP Imperator Nikolai on the calendar for the month that was launched back in the day.

Coz WG does what the hell WG wants to.

PS don't be me, spending hundreds of dollars on xmas mega boxes to try get a good ship like that, to only get a Warspite and and Essex...

I guess certain players aren't allowed to farm credits like other players get to.

• Funny 3

[CLAY]
2,650 posts
11,999 battles

The launch calendar is purely a history lesson, it has no relevance ships being released into the game whatsoever.

The Launch Calendar celebrates the anniversary of a ship’s launch, USS Missouri was launched 29th January 1944, that’s what the launch calendar is referring to.

Missouri is not coming back into the game.

Spoiler

Which is annoying considering the history of the ship. What they could do is release a second version of her (Missouri 2, Lima, B, new whatever) with nerfed credit earning, so those who have it can keep the original, while giving new players the opportunity to own this famous ship.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 5

[TF44]
379 posts
3,785 battles
24 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The launch calendar is purely a history lesson, it has no relevance ships being res leased into the game whatsoever.

The Launch Calendar celebrates the anniversary of a ship’s launch, USS Missouri was launched 29th January 1944, that’s what the launch calendar is referring to.

Missouri is not coming back into the game.

Reveal hidden contents

Which is annoying considering the history of the ship. What they could do is release a second version of her (Missouri 2, Lima, B, new whatever) with nerfed credit earning, so those who have it can keep the original, while giving new players the opportunity to own this famous ship.

G'day Grygus. Here's an idea:- What about another Iowa as a T10 Coal Ship. Perhaps they could name it, Oh I don't know.---- Something like --- New Jersey or perhaps Wisconsan. Missouri can sort of hold its own at T10. Just a slight adjustment to ammo, armour etc. Would be much better than a B****y PR <---- Grrrr Grumble.

Cheer's

• Cool 1

[XSA]
81 posts
7,273 battles
2 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

NO!.

WG just randomly puts a couple in shop for sales and its strictly tech tree/ already available ships ONLY.

They didn't even include the super OP Imperator Nikolai on the calendar for the month that was launched back in the day.

Coz WG does what the hell WG wants to.

PS don't be me, spending hundreds of dollars on xmas mega boxes to try get a good ship like that, to only get a Warspite and and Essex...

I guess certain players aren't allowed to farm credits like other players get to.

I had 5 salvos at a broadside Hosho with Nikolai I and failed to sink the carrier, the dispersion is garbage. I have no idea how this ship is OP.

145 posts
4,953 battles
1 hour ago, PbKavarovsky said:

I had 5 salvos at a broadside Hosho with Nikolai I and failed to sink the carrier, the dispersion is garbage. I have no idea how this ship is OP.

Agreed. I think IN is not super OP. People just love to throw that term around. It's good but 35 sec reload, terrible dispersion and shocking turret traverse mean she's nothing special. Not to mention you are food for CVs. 

Edited by Don72

145 posts
4,953 battles
4 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Ouch I thought people read these forums and already learned this lesson! Guess not 🙄

[FORCE]
2,191 posts
11,654 battles
2 hours ago, PbKavarovsky said:

Maybe because nothing was a real threat against it back then. And players were also less conservative.

Alpha Tester
1,313 posts
4,892 battles
1 hour ago, Don72 said:

Ouch I thought people read these forums and already learned this lesson! Guess not 🙄

Bought them when they came out.

Have no fear, not a cent will be spent in 2020.

The only thing that could possibly tempt me would be a ze german tier 8 premium u boat.

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,751 posts
13,626 battles
10 hours ago, drakon233 said:

it does come back every christmas 

there is nothing inside

20191215_210515.png.62f91137178b9f87ba537c679e0d7f3a.png

[-FUN-]
404 posts
6,830 battles
23 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

But there was an opportunity for that. Not too long ago you could get Misso by donating to a non profit org called save the children. I think it is a much better rather than spending hundreds on megaboxes and getting stuff that you dont need.

Edited by zergling_

[-FUN-]
404 posts
6,830 battles

Sorry double post

Edited by zergling_

[OZS]
6 posts
4,901 battles

Thanks guys.

When it was on last time I was relatively new, trying to grind my way to T10. I just wanted it really for sentimental reasons. I went on a holiday to Pearl with my son & did the tour. It's a beautiful ship.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,650 posts
11,999 battles
8 minutes ago, CAPTJANNO said:

Thanks guys.

When it was on last time I was relatively new, trying to grind my way to T10. I just wanted it really for sentimental reasons. I went on a holiday to Pearl with my son & did the tour. It's a beautiful ship.

And this is why it’s sad when ships are removed for game balance reasons.

Many people play this game for the real life warships, to see the detailed, historical models. To play and fire the guns.

They don’t want Kremlins, Smolensks, Montanas and Conquerors, they want Belfasts, Haidas, Warspites, Bismarcks and Texases.

WG would do well to bring back Missouri and her two other sister ships, since they now have no qualms about selling T9 ships, there would be plenty of people who would buy them simply because they like the actual ship.

Such People wouldn’t even mind if they nerfed Belfast and Missouri and gave them a slightly alternate name to separate them form the original ships.

Actually, that would be a really good idea for WG to introduce, Sister Skins. Historical Camouflages which you can place in a ship to make it look like it’s sister ship. Obviously it would only work in cases where ships had identical armaments and handling. They could probably even do something where the name appears as that of the sister ship.

• Cool 3

[REPOI]
6,319 posts
26,007 battles
2 hours ago, zergling_ said:

But there was an opportunity for that. Not too long ago you could get Misso by donating to a non profit org called save the children. I think it is a much better rather than spending hundreds on megaboxes and getting stuff that you dont need.

you needed to donate somewhere around 200-500$ for that reward, and there was only so many that was given out

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, Don72 said:

Gambling is gambling no matter what you call it.  Some people absolutely made a killing out of santa boxes, but that's never guaranteed.

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles
7 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

And this is why it’s sad when ships are removed for game balance reasons.

Another reason why I disagree with the "no nerfing Premiums" policy. It means that many players will never be able to play historical and famous ships like Enterprise or museum ships like Belfast.

7 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Actually, that would be a really good idea for WG to introduce, Sister Skins. Historical Camouflages which you can place in a ship to make it look like it’s sister ship. Obviously it would only work in cases where ships had identical armaments and handling. They could probably even do something where the name appears as that of the sister ship.

I doubt that is a good idea though, unless it is only for the user. Do you really want to learn and memorise the hundreds and thousands of ship names? Otherwise I don't mind the idea of sister ship camouflages.

Alpha Tester
1,313 posts
4,892 battles

It becomes unfair when a player with a missouri can do credit earning directives a heck of a lot faster than a player in a non missouri ship, who doesn't have access to own a missouri.

I call lies on Missouri being in the xmas boxes, lies on anything tier 8 and over.

Like some legend posted above, inside the box is empty.

[4RSE]
272 posts
6,834 battles

It's gambling, and sometimes you win. I spent a couple hundred on xmas crates as well. I got ships in most batches of crates. I reckon I got my money's worth from those crates.

The last batch, I bought 20 mega crates, 20 big crates and 20 regular crates. I got 8 ships in the mega crates, including Musashi. I also got a further 5 ships in that batch of bigs and regular crates.

20200112195750_1.thumb.jpg.b3f989dbea84b4eaf7b76b211f736448.jpg20200110162459_1.thumb.jpg.191a4339e8b466202045bb727337e61a.jpg

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you don't. I did get a couple of the regular crates with nothing much in them as well. I almost didn't get that last batch of crates, bought them on a whim after drinking a stiff "enhanced" coffee. Glad I did.

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles
1 hour ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

I call lies on Missouri being in the xmas boxes, lies on anything tier 8 and over.

It is gambling. You win some and lose some. I got lucky and got a Lenin from one of the free Santa crates, so that was definitely not a lie.

Alpha Tester
1,313 posts
4,892 battles

Yet to "win". in what? 3 years of xmas boxes, at minimum $200 aud a year????!.

Looks like the only winner WAS the house.

Yet all they had to give was something worth nothing, aka a pixel ship, for something, aka my real hard earned hourly wage money.

Not a CENT SPENT in 2020!.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
On 1/18/2020 at 9:57 PM, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

I quadrupled my investment and also got the T8  Lenin, T8 Le terrible. T8 Roma amongst the 7 ships I won.

Sign in to follow this