Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

TBH, I'm kind of excited for Update 0.9.0.

64 comments in this topic

3,532 posts
7,219 battles

Reason Number One:

1.thumb.PNG.fc2a6d6619939db1954291d2e3ede4c8.PNG

Takao is now no longer called "poor man's Atago". She will get all the "love" she can from me... *lick lips*

Her "new" camoflage would most likely be the same as the default perma camo for Atago.

Reason Number Two:

2.thumb.PNG.7193e9ec8e24deb3b570f9e30d07772b.PNG

A QoL change of epic magnitude. I have the rat Halloween camo on my Z-23 and it IS disgusting. I also dislike the sound overlay of the space camos.

Reason Number Three:

3.thumb.PNG.498209bdbc13255cb6461b5a886ceef5.PNG

The European Swedish DDs will be available for viewing in the tech tree.

*lick lips*

This is NOT a reason, even though I'm a known (heavy) cruiser main.

4.thumb.PNG.deb3e206f7717b251a134dced7da87d2.PNG

And they have a separate set of bundles available for Doubloon. Oh, the greed!

I bet the token set has 33 bundles.

And what are these? How can players get these ships? I guess an article later will reveal all there is to know.

5.thumb.PNG.7aef3c41cdc7c2450f3e8698c6206728.PNG

Will anyone be surprised if Doubloon lootboxes are included?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FISH]
35 posts
8,670 battles
32 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Her "new" camoflage would most likely be the same as the default perma camo for Atago.

It's not. It's in the Dasha video for a few seconds - it's an ARP camo, just in a different color.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,315 posts
4,984 battles

They should fix the gun sound that i used to hear.

Kremlin sounds like Yamato... So that kind of update blows. BUT ,  I need UK CA.

[-CAT-]
783 posts
7,759 battles
2 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Kremlin sounds like Yamato... So that kind of update blows. BUT ,  I need UK CA.

I wonder if they will bring back the "spent cartridge" sound on most destroyers and some cruisers?

So satisfying to hear then when ejected from the guns after firing.

[BLESS]
821 posts
8,122 battles

Unless they tighten up the difficulty settings, I'll likely end up with at least one early access RN CA, and maybe a couple of premium camos just from regular playtime. So that's something to look forward to. And I'm quite stoked about the Euro DD line too.

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
11 hours ago, leops1984 said:

It's not. It's in the Dasha video for a few seconds - it's an ARP camo, just in a different color.

The ship shown is not Takao, the turrets are of Myoko-class. That's probably ARP Haguro based on the color.

Thanks for all the negativity guys, keep it up.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[SBY]
118 posts
1,583 battles

I'm excited to play the British heavy cruisers.

Finally, i have legit reason to use Jingles as my captain.

Other than that, not much. Still waiting WG's promised love for KM.

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles
11 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Takao is now no longer called "poor man's Atago"

That title now goes to Mogami with 203mm:Smile_trollface:

11 hours ago, Paladinum said:

This kind of thing is stupid. The old system is way better. You hoard the tokens, then you exchange them for the stuffs you actually want to get.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
49 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Other than that, not much. Still waiting WG's promised love for KM.

WG have broken how many promises so far and you still want to believe them? I don't have hope anymore.

39 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

That title now goes to Mogami with 203mm:Smile_trollface:

Not even the same turret placement :Smile_trollface: Try again :Smile_trollface:

40 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

This kind of thing is stupid. The old system is way better. You hoard the tokens, then you exchange them for the stuffs you actually want to get.

I concur :Smile_honoring:

472 posts
5,708 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

To be fair WG still does this sorta thing sometimes. The latest being their Italian event, where it's a "token-stuff" thing directly.

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

WG have broken how many promises so far and you still want to believe them? I don't have hope anymore.

Do not take WGs promises as absolute. Instead wait for the moment they have to turn their backs on it.:Smile_trollface:

175 posts
15 hours ago, Paladinum said:

1.thumb.PNG.fc2a6d6619939db1954291d2e3ede4c8.PNG

Takao is now no longer called "poor man's Atago". She will get all the "love" she can from me... *lick lips*

Her "new" camoflage would most likely be the same as the default perma camo for Atago

When I read the news page and saw the section "Event Content" with picture of the ARP ships I almost fell off my chair with excitement; "the ARP ships are back" I cheered...

b303da82-3615-11ea-878e-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

my excitement quickly lead to confusion, "are they back or not", so I watched the video and so it looks like they are not. WG why the f#@k pr!@k tease us to think they are coming back when it appears they are not? This seems to be the WG way, get you excited over something but when you look into it that just leads to disappointment and anger, a recent example of this is the 'Payto Rico'. This example here is not as bad as that but still they know there is a large number of newer players who want the ARP ships and this falsely got us excited but really it was just salt being rubbed into the wound.

Edited by ShaddowAU
  • Cool 1

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles
17 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Yeah. It lacks the variety now. 

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
20 hours ago, Paladinum said:

And what are these? How can players get these ships? I guess an article later will reveal all there is to know.

5.thumb.PNG.7aef3c41cdc7c2450f3e8698c6206728.PNG

It's the eve of the Update. Where the heck is that article???

[IWN]
57 posts
2,897 battles
10 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

When I read the news page and saw the section "Event Content" with picture of the ARP ships I almost fell off my chair with excitement; "the ARP ships are back" I cheered...

b303da82-3615-11ea-878e-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

my excitement quickly lead to confusion, "are they back or not", so I watched the video and so it looks like they are not. WG why the f#@k pr!@k tease us to think they are coming back when it appears they are not? This seems to be the WG way, get you excited over something but when you look into it that just leads to disappointment and anger, a recent example of this is the 'Payto Rico'. This example here is not as bad as that but still they know there is a large number of newer players who want the ARP ships and this falsely got us excited but really it was just salt being rubbed into the wound.

I wasn't playing back during the ARP collab and I'd really love to get the ships, but it's pretty obvious that this is just about the ships turning to premiums, not that they'd be coming back in any form. If you start guessing things and raising your own expectations based on one single image without even any text on it, that's kinda on you.

• Cool 3

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, Paladinum said:

This is NOT a reason, even though I'm a known (heavy) cruiser main.

4.thumb.PNG.deb3e206f7717b251a134dced7da87d2.PNG

Nope! The number of token bundles is NOT specified in the Arsenal, which means you can blow all 600 tokens that you can earn throughout the entire Update, and still have the chance to NOT get any of the early access ships.

The Doubloon bundle has a limit of 65, which means 65 THOUSAND Doubloon if you are really unlucky and want to get all of the ships. This is more outrageous than Genova.

17 hours ago, Paladinum said:

It's the eve of the Update. Where the heck is that article???

Still no article on ANY site. WTH is going on???

First battle with ARP Takao, 70k damage, no premium time. The only modifier is 20% more credit signal flag.

shot-20_01.16_08_04.20-0097.thumb.jpg.1fd46b5d2f048f938a2b191d264a73e0.jpg

OH BOY

shot-20_01.16_09_13.26-0529.thumb.jpg.93dc15d41c51a1244e43f90d67f48768.jpgshot-20_01.16_09_14_14-0411.thumb.jpg.f3d368b9d1b589294e84b1829e12232a.jpg

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

175 posts
10 hours ago, AtagoBestWaifu said:

I wasn't playing back during the ARP collab and I'd really love to get the ships, but it's pretty obvious that this is just about the ships turning to premiums, not that they'd be coming back in any form. If you start guessing things and raising your own expectations based on one single image without even any text on it, that's kinda on you.

My post was about the immediate reaction to seeing the title "Event Content" and the picture of the ARP ships under it. Seeing that makes anyone's mind instantly jump to the idea the ARP ships are back, but then it was very clear actually looking at the article that this isn't the case. My criticism is that WG could have announced these changes to the legacy ARP ships in a better way that didn't falsely stoke the hopes of those of us eager to get a chance to get these ships.

This would be like putting a picture of the Missouri or the Belfast etc. back on the front page of the Premium shop when down in the description it says they are just selling a new camo or special commander for them. All the people wanting those ships would loose their minds at being pr!@k teased like that.

So no I don't think this is on me.

Edited by ShaddowAU
  • Cool 1

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
25 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

My post was about the immediate reaction to seeing the title "Event Content" and the picture of the ARP ships under it. Seeing that makes anyone's mind instantly jump to the idea the ARP ships are back, but then it was very clear actually looking at the article that this isn't the case. My criticism is that WG could have announced these changes to the legacy ARP ships in a better way that didn't falsely stoke the hopes of those of us eager to get a chance to get these ships.

This would be like putting a picture of the Missouri or the Belfast etc. back on the front page of the Premium shop when down in the description it says they are just selling a new camo or special commander for them. All the people wanting those ships would loose their minds at being pr!@k teased like that.

So no I don't think this is on me.

Even though WG have no credit for their wording (because they frequently use confusing words in their posts and whatnots), IF the ARP ships are back, WG WILL make this a bigger deal than a meager 5-line paragraph in the bottom half of the Patch Note.

The PR PR disaster is 100% WG, but not reading this carefully is on you.

25 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

That's why I also read the words, not just looking at the images.

And please don't try to argue... Nobody cares, really...

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

175 posts
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

And please don't try to argue... Nobody cares, really…

What an arrogant a$$ you are. Who are you that you think you speak for everyone on this forum? What should lowly people like me have to ask you for permission to make a post here? You might have 3.5k of posts on this forum but that doesn't mean you own this site nor that your opinion is not more valuable than that of anyone else.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Nope! The number of token bundles is NOT specified in the Arsenal, which means you can blow all 660 tokens that you can earn throughout the entire Update, and still have the chance to NOT get any of the early access ships.

This is exactly why I prefer the old system rather than the RNG-based gambling.

I skipped Genova in favor of the perma camo & some containers to get the early-access tech tree pasta bote.

On the other hand, I was willing to grind through hell to get enough filth to blow all 3 Halloween bundles because the perma camos could save myself from wasting 12k doubloons into the game.

In the end of the day, I will buy what I want, not what WG gives randomly (especially after the BS Black Friday & Santa containers).

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
3 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

What an arrogant a$$ you are. Who are you that you think you speak for everyone on this forum? What should lowly people like me have to ask you for permission to make a post here? You might have 3.5k of posts on this forum but that doesn't mean you own this site nor that your opinion is not more valuable than that of anyone else.

I take it back. Apparently I care enough to reply to you.

Also no reply to the matter at hands, instead, ad hominem

Edited by Paladinum
  • Angry 1

175 posts
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I take it back. Apparently I care enough to reply to you.

Also no reply to the matter at hands, instead, ad hominem

So mine was an ad hominem response where yours wasn't? You where the one who, like a troll, decided to pick apart a response I made to someone else. You thought it would make you look really smart that, that unlike me, you don't have any reaction to anything until you studied all the details. Shame you can't differentiate my "immediate reaction" from my final conclusion after reading the article as I think I made it fairly clear that the two where very different and that is where my problem with this issue is. Then to finish your astute analysis of my post you decide to insult me, so oh I'm the baddie here... what a joke.

• Cool 1

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
Just now, ShaddowAU said:

So mine was an ad hominem response where yours wasn't? You where the one who, like a troll, decided to pick apart a response I made to someone else. You thought it would make you look really smart that, that unlike me, you don't have any reaction to anything until you studied all the details. Shame you can't differentiate my "immediate reaction" from my final conclusion after reading the article as I think I made it fairly clear that the two where very different and that is where my problem with this issue is. Then to finish your astute analysis of my post you decide to insult me, so oh I'm the baddie here... what a joke.

Thanks. I love being the bad guy.

• Angry 1

Sign in to follow this