Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ContraXY

buff zao?

15 comments in this topic

[TQL]
41 posts
3,242 battles

guess wg doesnt care, but still want to ask when would u guys buff zao? slow reload, paper-like armor, no smoke no radar, weak aa, low hp

in the past she could act as dd killer but here we have italian cruisers with smoke and sap

hide and torp? sorry cv wont let you  do so

setting fire in distance? why not smolensk?

is there any t10 cruiser as weak as she is? why not just delete the whole line

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SBY]
118 posts
1,583 battles
54 minutes ago, ContraXY said:

is there any t10 cruiser as weak as she is? why not just delete the whole line

Hindenburg, or the whole German line

• Cool 2

[SBY]
118 posts
1,583 battles
1 hour ago, ContraXY said:

guess wg doesnt care, but still want to ask when would u guys buff zao? slow reload, paper-like armor, no smoke no radar, weak aa, low hp

She has good speed and rudder, great HE, and long-range torps. Basically a kiter that rain fire from hell. You want to buff what parts?

hide and torp? sorry cv wont let you  do so

Her torps are meant to stop red ships chasing you to the border, and catch people by surprise, not for close-range circus.

setting fire in distance? why not smolensk?

You're comparing the ultimate russian bias to a balanced ship...but alright, Smolensk doesn't have that range or the alpha of Zao.

in the past she could act as dd killer but here we have italian cruisers with smoke and sap

The minus of Italian cruisers is their SAP or AP is weak against angled targets, Zao with her HE doesn't has that problem.

I agree she underperforms compared to newer ships, but at the end Zao is good enough to survive.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles

paper-like armor

You think you know what paper-like armor is? The entirety of British CL line would have a word on that. Sure they have smoke, but have you seen one that does not hug islands or pretends to not have guns when their smoke is on cooldown?

Zao, along with the entire Japanese cruiser line got accuracy buff few patches ago. And fun fact, Zao has the top non-CV damage record on this server that only RNG knows how.

https://asia.wows-numbers.com/ranking/?order=max_damage_dealt__desc

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles
1 minute ago, Gesterbein said:

Kek, so many Hakuryu scoring 400k damage... yet midway got nerf and no audacius lmao....

They watched the top global record, and tried to beat it.

And ironically Midway's top records are pre-rework (RTS Midway), while Audacious is audaciously weak lel

1,262 posts
47 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

She has good speed and rudder, great HE, and long-range torps. Basically a kiter that rain fire from hell. You want to buff what parts?

Her torps are meant to stop red ships chasing you to the border, and catch people by surprise, not for close-range circus.

You're comparing the ultimate russian bias to a balanced ship...but alright, Smolensk doesn't have that range or the alpha of Zao.

The minus of Italian cruisers is their SAP or AP is weak against angled targets, Zao with her HE doesn't has that problem.

I agree she underperforms compared to newer ships, but at the end Zao is good enough to survive.

For 130mm Smolensk have fastest Shell travel speed compared to most T10 except for gun above 220mm.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TLS]
2,833 posts
18,162 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

The entirety of British CL line would have a word on that.

One accidental salvo deletes Mino. It takes many more accidental salvos to delete a Zao.

With her Legendary module, Zao actually is almost like the perfect dance partner. Only a mino is more nimble.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles
53 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

One accidental salvo deletes Mino. It takes many more accidental salvos to delete a Zao.

With her Legendary module, Zao actually is almost like the perfect dance partner. Only a mino is more nimble.

Exactly!

How many times BB salvo overpen a Mino? Almost  none.

And how many times BB salvo overpen a Zao? A heck lot of times.

Zao is the OG troll citadel ship.

• Cool 1

[FISH]
392 posts
30,226 battles

Zao is still strong, but its not very comfortable. 

My suggestion would be to give it 1s main battery reload buff and maybe 5s 180* turret turn buff. 

After all this is a ship that has pretty much only known nerfs for the past 4 years.

First it had its HP pool reduced by 10K, then it had its torpedo detection increased, then it had its invis fire taken away, then it got nerfed in the concealment expert skill change, then it had to contend with the proliferation of CVs post 8.0 as one of the T10 cruisers with the least AA. the Torpedo choice and legendary upgrade are both sidegrades and not a direct improvement in quality of gameplay. They both have downsides. Torpedos are slower to reload and legendary costs it much needed range. Not upgrades at all imo.

I know it got a lot of hate from the invis fire days, but there's no point in punishing modern zao players for the sins of people 3 years ago who dont even play anymore.

[TLS]
2,833 posts
18,162 battles
1 hour ago, Pervis117 said:

I know it got a lot of hate from the invis fire days, but there's no point in punishing modern zao players for the sins of people 3 years ago who dont even play anymore.

Bring back her invisifire. I missed that. 

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles
15 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Bring back her invisifire. I missed that. 

They will bring it back if it gives advantage to Smolensk:Smile_trollface:

Ignore what I said

Edited by Sir_Feather

[151ST]
1,366 posts
7,238 battles

I still love Zao and for how agile and trollish her armour is, her stealth is great...

Her HP is anemic... If she needs a buff it's HP...

Otherwise she's fine, if you can't make her guns work for you... I have some bad news for you...

Sign in to follow this