Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Upgrades 0.9.1 (UPDATED)

19 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,543 posts
12,379 battles

There will be upgrades changing on 0.9.11

Finally, they worth combining the upgrades seperately into one

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[LBAS]
2,543 posts
12,379 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Didn't care about that post, but eh, At least its from FB, not from Reddit

Might say Prior to Submarines are the cause of these upgrade changes.

[FORCE]
878 posts
9,959 battles

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (slot #6):

- Upgrade will combine the "AA Guns Modification 2" and "Secondary Battery Modification 2" upgrades, which will be removed from the game:
-- +15% continuous damage from AA mounts;
-- +15% damage per second within the explosion radius of shells fired from AA defenses;
-- -20% to secondary battery reload time;
-- +2 to the number of explosions produced by salvos from AA defenses while the "Defensive AA fire" consumable is active.

Ok so this is a direct buff to Georgia & Ohio assuming their players don't use Artillery Plotting Room 2 or Main Battery Mod 3. I wonder if GK also gains benefit from this change though assuming her AA is mediocre.

[SMOKE]
1,063 posts
12,606 battles

The change to AA Mod.1 from +2 explosion for Long Range AA to -20% Prep time for AA sector is totally and utterly wrong .. they take one single upgrade that allow the poor light force mediocre / weak AA ships  to had a fighting chance of staying alive and now made it absolutely not possible and just made it so CV can easier hunt, BB can easier casually stay :(

No NO NO and NO , the other change is OK .. I would not object to that , but AA mod.1 change is absolutely wrong .. if the big ships and their slow AA sector prep time is something that cause concern then balance that on those ships, not balance that by giving them something to play with but take away all others NEEDED upgrade ... Picture yourself in T5 Soviet Cruiser Kirov, T6 German Cruiser Nurenburg, T7 RN Cruiser Fiji, T8 Soviet DD Ognevoi, or T9 French Cruiser St. Louis ... you are talking ships that had only by default 1 to 3 ( at best ) explosion per salvo and there are many others, unable to defend themselves. You are talking changing a mod that allow that +2 explosion ( always ) to Long Range AA that now give them that possibility to survive when aerial bombarded  and instead now say they can had 2 sec better AA sector prep time ( and it only work when prep time in effect )

HOW Can that be an upgrade .. no

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,543 posts
12,379 battles
11 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

The change to AA Mod.1 from +2 explosion for Long Range AA to -20% Prep time for AA sector is totally and utterly wrong .. they take one single upgrade that allow the poor light force mediocre / weak AA ships  to had a fighting chance of staying alive and now made it absolutely not possible and just made it so CV can easier hunt, BB can easier casually stay :(

No NO NO and NO , the other change is OK .. I would not object to that , but AA mod.1 change is absolutely wrong .. if the big ships and their slow AA sector prep time is something that cause concern then balance that on those ships, not balance that by giving them something to play with but take away all others NEEDED upgrade ... Picture yourself in T5 Soviet Cruiser Kirov, T6 German Cruiser Nurenburg, T7 RN Cruiser Fiji, T8 Soviet DD Ognevoi, or T9 French Cruiser St. Louis ... you are talking ships that had only by default 1 to 3 ( at best ) explosion per salvo and there are many others, unable to defend themselves. You are talking changing a mod that allow that +2 explosion ( always ) to Long Range AA that now give them that possibility to survive when aerial bombarded  and instead now say they can had 2 sec better AA sector prep time ( and it only work when prep time in effect )

They killed the AA mod 1 for this one, replaced flaks into some Priority AA reduction that we never talk about it.

[LGND]
409 posts
10,585 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (slot #6):

- Upgrade will combine the "AA Guns Modification 2" and "Secondary Battery Modification 2" upgrades, which will be removed from the game:
-- +15% continuous damage from AA mounts;
-- +15% damage per second within the explosion radius of shells fired from AA defenses;
-- -20% to secondary battery reload time;
-- +2 to the number of explosions produced by salvos from AA defenses while the "Defensive AA fire" consumable is active.

Ok so this is a direct buff to Georgia & Ohio assuming their players don't use Artillery Plotting Room 2 or Main Battery Mod 3. I wonder if GK also gains benefit from this change though assuming her AA is mediocre.

most player prefer APR in USN BB, but this is nice buff for GK and Republic  AA and Secondary.... 

Edited by Gesterbein

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles
4 hours ago, Mechfori said:

The change to AA Mod.1 from +2 explosion for Long Range AA to -20% Prep time for AA sector is totally and utterly wrong

Don't use it then.

[SMOKE]
1,063 posts
12,606 battles
55 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Don't use it then.

its not about using it, its about many weak / mediocre AA ship NEEDING it to survive in CV game , especially in mid tier where they had 2 / 3 CV , that +2 per salvo is an always there +40% +50% some even up to +200% damage that they can rely on to keep alive, its not a bonus, its a necessity ; player who play high tier big guns and cruisers obviously had no idea how hard a CL / DD or some mid tier CA had when faced with waves and waves of aerial attack .. even for big guns , this is still a nerf rather than a side grade or an upgrade

Edited by Mechfori

[SALT]
1,616 posts
9,767 battles
4 hours ago, Mechfori said:

its an upgrade.........

for CV :Smile_trollface:

Main Battery Modification 2 (slot #3):

- Removed penalty to main battery reload time.

Only this upgrade is pique my interest, esp with low tier DD with Glacial turret traverse

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles
57 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

its not about using it, its about many weak / mediocre AA ship NEEDING it to survive in CV game , especially in mid tier where they had 2 / 3 CV , that +2 per salvo is an always there +40% +50% some even up to +200% damage that they can rely on to keep alive, its not a bonus, its a necessity ; player who play high tier big guns and cruisers obviously had no idea how hard a CL / DD or some mid tier CA had when faced with waves and waves of aerial attack .. even for big guns , this is still a nerf rather than a side grade or an upgrade

Maneuverability system, Torpedo tubes mod 1, and Auxilliary armament mod 1. Are these upgrades not enough to replace the most unbeneficial ones you're talking about? No one can survive a CV when they're alone. This is why DDs are encouraged to stay with their allies. And no we big guns clearly have some ideas of how hard it is to face with waves and waves of aerial attacks. While some cruisers and DDs have DFAA, BBs doesn't have those stuff.

[SMOKE]
1,063 posts
12,606 battles
4 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Maneuverability system, Torpedo tubes mod 1, and Auxilliary armament mod 1. Are these upgrades not enough to replace the most unbeneficial ones you're talking about? No one can survive a CV when they're alone. This is why DDs are encouraged to stay with their allies. And no we big guns clearly have some ideas of how hard it is to face with waves and waves of aerial attacks. While some cruisers and DDs have DFAA, BBs doesn't have those stuff.

NO they are not , because that AA mod.1 is not for DD and CL weak AA ship to stay out lone wolf, its for them to at least stay alive and drive off attacking Sq so they cannot full load dump on them , let's face it stay within AA bubble of larger ships help but sooner or later one had to face up to an aerial attack ( even when inside those AA bubble ) that AA Mod.1 is between taking 2/3 HP off with a couple run and then your AA drive off the last or DOA

Remember I am talking a bunch of mid to high tier DD, CL, and even CA that's with weak AA from a start, not those who can DFAA ; even within team's AA bubble one still need to be able to defend and fed off aerial attack else Sq will always pick on the easy target and pound on it .. AA Mod.1 is not unbeneficial its in fact very beneficial especially when you talk ships that had only what 1 or 2 explosion per salvo, the +2 is a 100% / 200% increase in effective AA all the time and the mentioned new upgrade, sorry , most mid tier ship do not had slot 6 ( actually are there any mid tier ships having one ) and the others they do not give you the benefit at all , its just a marginal improvement of life and only the torp tube mod is on slot 3 .. does buffing the torp tube made the DD more resilience at all  .. this is in the end a defensive mod not an offensive one so those that benefit offensive capacity of the ship do not replace it. Remember we are talking keeping the ship alive first and foremost. A dead ship do the team nothing.

And I remember you ask for DD to go out and do their DD thing , and now you say DD should stay with the team ; isn't that a bit contradiction at play .. No big guns player do not understand why light force need these protection and defensive capacity because big guns had the reserve to absorb damage, where DD / CL and even some CA do not ,  and if wanting them to do theirs they must be provided the mean ( which by default spec many are not ) and AA mod.1 is one single mod that allow these mid tier / high tier limited AA ship to stay alive, mitigate damage taken to a somewhat manageable amount so they can still sail and do their part, else taken that capacity off all they can do is keep staying around the STRONG AA bauble and that would mean they are effectively locked out of doing anything at all

Go try to play T8 Soviet DD Ognevoi and tell me having almost minimal short range and mid range AA and then your long range salvo had the grand total of 1 explosion per salvo and now tell me that +2 do not matter .. Ditto with say T7 Italian Cruiser Zara which had a grand total of 2 Explosion per salvo long rage AA .. and I can name quite a few .. how about T7 IJN BB Nagato ( though she probably can just absorb the damage if come to be )

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles
22 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

And I remember you ask for DD to go out and do their DD thing , and now you say DD should stay with the team ; isn't that a bit contradiction at play

What I mean was, A DD will be asked to go out and do the scouting if there's no CV in the game. If there is a CV in the game, you don't need to. You simply need to support a BB or a group that have the willingness to push a flank.

32 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

AA Mod.1 is not unbeneficial its in fact very beneficial especially when you talk ships that had only what 1 or 2 explosion per salvo, the +2 is a 100% / 200% increase in effective AA all the time

I'm not talking about the current AA mod 1. But the new one. The -20% reduction to Priority AA Sector preparation time. Which I thought will become very unbeneficial for weak AA ship. I think that's a false information and one of their WG unintentionally type the wrong part of the info. And I mean, what's the benefit of having -20% prioritized AA prep time?

3,532 posts
7,219 battles
Just now, mr_glitchy_R said:

And I mean, what's the benefit of having -20% prioritized AA prep time?

Choosing the right words to use is not WG's strong suit. I mean, they are Russians and this is English. In other words, VERY poor choice of words.

I think it means the time needed to max out the AA damage for the prioritized sector will be shorter. Normally 5 seconds, 20% less will be only 4 seconds to max AA damage.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Anti-Aircraft_Fire#Sector_Reinforcement

[SMOKE]
1,063 posts
12,606 battles

NO that 5 sec is the Ramp up time , the preparation time is the cool down period before you can activate the AA sector again , and its 10 sec for DD/ Cruiser, 5 sec for CV ..  and 15 Sec for BB, so this change , now instead of giving the much needed boost to real AA for weak AA ships ( always ) now give it the possibility to had that AA sector .. well .. 2 sec earlier .. so much for upgrade ...

Its not even a side-grade , it practically do nothing for real for its part

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles
34 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

the time needed to max out the AA damage for the prioritized sector

10 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

the preparation time is the cool down period before you can activate the AA sector again

Okay, it confuses me now.

[SMOKE]
1,063 posts
12,606 battles

The following from the official wiki :

Each ship type has a duration over which the continuous damage is shifted toward the incoming attacker. In the case of a cruiser, the shift takes approximately half the 10 second reinforcement duration. The maximum effect is a 150% increase in continuous damage. Then the effect returns to normal and there is a base 10 second cooldown period (preparation time) before sector reinforcement can be activated again.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this