Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Leo_1408

Pushed into torpedo path

5 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
95 posts
8,767 battles

What can I do if other players, specially bigger ships, push me into enemy torpedo paths? I sound the ship's hooter when they approach, but most take no notice. I know everyone is concerned about surviving a battle, but it doesn't help the team if one team member is unnecessarily destroyed due to thoughtlessness. I sometimes make a comment, but nobody cares, and that takes too much time.

Edited by Leo_1408

[CLAY]
1,801 posts
10,064 battles

I agree it’s annoying.

A lot of the time, both ships are trying to avoid torpedos, and the bigger ship can not always react fast enough. It requires map awareness to be prepared to dodge and avoid allied ships, which is sadly lacking.

You also run into the problem where ships push you out of your own smokescreen, either because they are not looking where they are going, or because they are trying to steal your smoke.

Basically, apart from being aware of your surroundings and trying to preemptively dodge both your team mates and torpedos, there is not much to do, other than report them, which does little.

[SMOKE]
1,063 posts
12,606 battles

Happen more than once to me .. bad luck and basically just people who do not care where they are going , especially those in a big ship, they will bully their way through .. and needless to say quite a few time I am tempted to go TK

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

74 posts
3,079 battles

I stall rage at the dumb idiot in the Phoenix who put his entire torp spread into my DD as he sailed past trying to kill the red DD I was focusing my guns on. Don't know how I survived that but it left me with less than 100 hp. That same idiot went on to eat the entire torp load from the red DD, who I in turn killed with my guns. Followed by a salty chat message aimed at that idiot in the Phoenix.

Sign in to follow this