Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Leo_1408

Pushed into torpedo path

9 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
129 posts
11,388 battles

What can I do if other players, specially bigger ships, push me into enemy torpedo paths? I sound the ship's hooter when they approach, but most take no notice. I know everyone is concerned about surviving a battle, but it doesn't help the team if one team member is unnecessarily destroyed due to thoughtlessness. I sometimes make a comment, but nobody cares, and that takes too much time.

Edited by Leo_1408

[CLAY]
3,231 posts
14,200 battles

I agree it’s annoying.

A lot of the time, both ships are trying to avoid torpedos, and the bigger ship can not always react fast enough. It requires map awareness to be prepared to dodge and avoid allied ships, which is sadly lacking.

You also run into the problem where ships push you out of your own smokescreen, either because they are not looking where they are going, or because they are trying to steal your smoke.

Basically, apart from being aware of your surroundings and trying to preemptively dodge both your team mates and torpedos, there is not much to do, other than report them, which does little.

[SMOKE]
2,509 posts
18,035 battles

Happen more than once to me .. bad luck and basically just people who do not care where they are going , especially those in a big ship, they will bully their way through .. and needless to say quite a few time I am tempted to go TK

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,856 battles

I stall rage at the dumb idiot in the Phoenix who put his entire torp spread into my DD as he sailed past trying to kill the red DD I was focusing my guns on. Don't know how I survived that but it left me with less than 100 hp. That same idiot went on to eat the entire torp load from the red DD, who I in turn killed with my guns. Followed by a salty chat message aimed at that idiot in the Phoenix.

[CLAY]
129 posts
11,388 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 12:54 PM, Grygus_Triss said:

I agree it’s annoying.

A lot of the time, both ships are trying to avoid torpedos, and the bigger ship can not always react fast enough. It requires map awareness to be prepared to dodge and avoid allied ships, which is sadly lacking.

You also run into the problem where ships push you out of your own smokescreen, either because they are not looking where they are going, or because they are trying to steal your smoke.

Basically, apart from being aware of your surroundings and trying to preemptively dodge both your team mates and torpedos, there is not much to do, other than report them, which does little.

LOL, so it doesn't happen just to me!  I was trying to complete one of the combat missions today in Ohkotnik - using smoke. I had two cruisers and a DD lined up (Ohkotnik  has four tubes each firing 3 fish) and they were nearly in range, when a team cruiser barged into me at high speed pushing me into the path of several cruiser salvos and a spread of torpedoes from the enemy destroyer. I don't believe in reporting (like its only a game) so I just had to wear it.

And nobody was dodging fish when it happened - think the team cruiser didn't see me in the smoke. Neway, like I said - it's just a game! :Smile_coin:

Edited by Leo_1408
  • Cool 1

[HIT]
153 posts
5,108 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, Leo_1408 said:

What can I do if other players, specially bigger ships, push me into enemy torpedo paths? I sound the ship's hooter when they approach, but most take no notice. I know everyone is concerned about surviving a battle, but it doesn't help the team if one team member is unnecessarily destroyed due to thoughtlessness. I sometimes make a comment, but nobody cares, and that takes too much time.

Because pushing ships into torpedos is fun. And WOWs is a game about having fun right?

[O7]
185 posts
18,594 battles

Last time I was involved in one of these incidents I had turned my Giulio towards an enemy DD expecting torps, which they then fired.  One of our DDs, tried to use speed to cross in front of the torps.  I sounded my horns but he ran into my side.  Two torps later,  BOOM, dead DD.  I felt guilty but he could easily have avoided by sailing behind  me.  There wasn't much I could do.

Edited by Jayde2405

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,574 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 6:52 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Other players are a downside of playing multi player games. 

truth.jpg

Sign in to follow this