You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummiheng

We need to revolt belfast buff!!! And Upgrade changes ST

12 comments in this topic

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

We must restrict payfast radar duration, is already stupidly good for t7(smoke+radar+hydro) 

Radar last 35sec iirc now you want to make it last longer... 

Edited by Gummilicious
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,359 posts
13,457 battles

When the spread sheet says one thing, WG does the other. :Smile_facepalm:

I'm speechless at WG. It just defies logic / common sense.

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

Please put Payfast back on sale so that everyone can by it and exclusively play it only and break the game. Thank you.

Also, hohoho, trying to make vigilance relevant. I suddenly realise that dds are most going to be hurt by these new upgrades. Increase time in consumables, ie radar and hydro. Torpedo detection.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

562 posts
6,767 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Please put Payfast back on sale so that everyone can by it and exclusively play it only and break the game. Thank you.

Also, hohoho, trying to make vigilance relevant. I suddenly realise that dds are most going to be hurt by these new upgrades. Increase time in consumables, ie radar and hydro. Torpedo detection.

That assumes people want to take it over Concealment Mod 1 it shares a slot with. Which I doubt, unless they're weird mad scientists like me.

5,639 posts
9,400 battles

What about Slot 6 Upgrades? Will they get bigger drawbacks? Will the ones that have no drawback get drawbacks (except the Secondary armament one)? Like GFS mod 2? :Smile-angry:

Upgrades that increase torpedo speed MUST be in Slot 6 and come with increased reload time.

If variety in builds is what they want, may as well give ships of all tiers ALL upgrade slots LOL :Smile_facepalm:

Unless this goes well, I will put this as "unnecessary and/or inelegant solutions to a problem" implementation. And I don't even see what is the problem. It's almost like they have new ideas and just throw it out for the sake of "adding new things". :Smile_sceptic:

3 hours ago, TD1 said:

That assumes people want to take it over Concealment Mod 1 it shares a slot with. Which I doubt, unless they're weird mad scientists like me.

Some BBabies will use it. It's a certainty.

Some DDs may benefit from this too.

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
2,054 posts
3,737 battles

Some of this actually nice change....

Slot 5

Except WG forget we have pan Asia DD with LOLwater Torpedo and Asashio with LELwater Torpedo. But you need trade in with concealment..... So that is fine, 

Action consummable increase option mean increasing Heal value by 10%?

Btw, THIS IS BUFF FOR SHIMAKAZE 2.5KM TORPEDO. The value of concealment is fixed at 1.8km?

Ok.... Concealment vs Anti Torpedo vs longer consumable? What will you get?

Add poll please

We need them

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,207 posts
14,084 battles

Hmmm.

Overall, I don’t have a problem. They are clearly trying to make some slots a real choice.

Especially slot 3 and 5.

I would argue that they should allow free dismounts for a while, as I can see a few DDs switching Aiming system mod 1 for torpedo tubes mod 1. I think it’s a nice new mod, even without the +5% torp speed, it’s still a good alternative for the AS mod 1, giving more resistance to being knocked out.

I still don’t think torpedos are a big problem that you really need to solve with the torpedo protection mod, but as with the other new mod in slot 5, the consumable mod, it’s going to make it a tougher choice to choose concealment, and even then, I think most people will stick with concealment, and even if they don’t, well, they’re more visible and can hide less.

Which will be funny for certain BB drivers... take a mod which helps you against torpedos, then, because you are more visible, stay even further away from the enemy :Smile_teethhappy:

I can’t imagine that any radar ship would choose the consumable mod over concealment though. It’s just meaning that the DD sees you coming from further away. Well... maybe Missouri or Moskva.

I do like the fact that high tier secondary builds now come with improved AA.

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

Concleament Mod is still far superior and almost everyone will take it in slot 5.

+10% consumable duration mod is arguably the worst imo. Just reference Worcester's legendary.

Radar already last long enough if you use the radar mod in slot 2. Things will either already be dead or left your radar range.

Yes you can get longer repair party but concealment lets you avoid getting hit while offering flexibility.

Torpection Protection System just brings everyone else's torp detection to IJN tier. In a HE spam meta, people will worry more about being shot at, rather than torps.

If you're not IJN, treat your torps as if they were IJN's.

If you're already IJN, you don't need to care unless you're asashio.

Slot 3 torpedo Mod is really nice, since it can boost torpedo speed, while preventing tubes from getting incapacitated.

However IJN torpboats also enjoy Main battery mod 2, because their turrets turn slower than some cruisers.

Very useful for most DD unless you really want the 7% dispersion.

Slot 3 Main battery mod is much better now that it doesn't reduce dpm.

Depends whether you're willing to give up 7% dispersion.

BBs won't give up dispersion, just reference Yamato's legendary. But I guess it might see some usage on some CA and low tier DD?

AA guns mod 1 is more of a sidegrade.

Flak is not reliable, although a experienced CV player's opinion would help.

Being able to ramp up your continuous AA faster is handy, especially if planes keep crossing between your left and right sides.

Edited by Verytis

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

They are hoping people will not play as much radar ships for the consumable mod. Radar has always been the sticking point. 

The key question is are people going to run a generalist build or minmax their ship like an RPG. Oh wait, this is already world of rpgships. Sorry, my bad. 

Honestly, torpedo detection mod is only useful for screening ships WHICH the concealment to screen or KM BB WHICH needs concealment to get up close. 

The torpedo speed increase is only good in CQC as they reduce reaction time. Long range torping is still a hit and miss thing. Unless you are a static player or just drive in straight lines. I always assume that there are torpedoes in the water and WASD just to throw off the aiming of the shooter. 

Sec plus AA combo just brings back what used to be available with AFT and the old, old captain skills where you could build AA and sec into one. 

[CLAY]
3,207 posts
14,084 battles
32 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

They are hoping people will not play as much radar ships for the consumable mod. Radar has always been the sticking point. 

The key question is are people going to run a generalist build or minmax their ship like an RPG. Oh wait, this is already world of rpgships. Sorry, my bad. 

Honestly, torpedo detection mod is only useful for screening ships WHICH the concealment to screen or KM BB WHICH needs concealment to get up close. 

The torpedo speed increase is only good in CQC as they reduce reaction time. Long range torping is still a hit and miss thing. Unless you are a static player or just drive in straight lines. I always assume that there are torpedoes in the water and WASD just to throw off the aiming of the shooter. 

Sec plus AA combo just brings back what used to be available with AFT and the old, old captain skills where you could build AA and sec into one. 

I’d like to know how many Belfast players would exchange concealment for a longer radar. Not sure it’s worth the trade off.

I still think the torpedo tube mod1 is a decent alternative to the aiming systems, especially for shimakaze, or any DD specced for torpedos, especially if they use torpedo tubes mod 3.

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
22 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I still think the torpedo tube mod1 is a decent alternative to the aiming systems, especially for shimakaze, or any DD specced for torpedos, especially if they use torpedo tubes mod 3.

Can I throw away the shima's guns for a set of TRBs instead?

[KNCOL]
359 posts
7,309 battles
4 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

Btw, THIS IS BUFF FOR SHIMAKAZE 2.5KM TORPEDO. The value of concealment is fixed at 1.8km?

No.

Any torpedoes that has higher than 1.8km detection will not their detection reduced by the new upgrade.

The new upgrade basically acts like a mini-hydro.