Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AxEyBoI

2x CV 80% of my games

23 comments in this topic

[SPCTH]
390 posts
10,320 battles

WG trying to crap on all players now. Tonight nearly all my games from T6-T9 has resulted in 2 CVs nearly every game. Server has 15k players online..........Others are also saying the same thing. What happens when the subs come, 2-3 subs per team with 2 CVs so that leaves about 7 ships per side to battle with about 2-3 BBs and CAs and DDs............ all i can say is the end is coming near.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,785 posts
28,581 battles

havnt had the same expirence, even as a CV player who should statistically meet more than you as a surface ship

maybe your luck is just shit today?

[CLAY]
3,232 posts
14,205 battles

I’m playing T8 a lot, so while I occasionally see 2 CVs, it’s mostly just 1. And even then... about 60% of the time I see a CV.

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,574 battles

You should drop into a tier 4 game and have the pleasure of a 6 CV game.  I believe it's to make lower tiers more enjoyable and repopulate those tiers as this is a stated aim of WG.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,785 posts
28,581 battles
2 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

You should drop into a tier 4 game and have the pleasure of a 6 CV game.  I believe it's to make lower tiers more enjoyable and repopulate those tiers as this is a stated aim of WG.

no one is denying that low tier CVs are way too numerous, the problem is that higher tier CVs have been nerfed/faces too much AA and its simply much easier and more profitable to play T4 where noone has AA and you can still easily make credits

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,498 posts
11,896 battles

I saw a two CV per team T8 battle last night - it certainly doesn't happen very often which is why I particularly remember it, and I play a fair bit of CV so you'd think I'd have more chance of seeing it.

12 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

no one is denying that low tier CVs are way too numerous, the problem is that higher tier CVs have been nerfed/faces too much AA and its simply much easier and more profitable to play T4 where noone has AA and you can still easily make credits

I think the T4 problem is more due to the length of the grind for people moving up the CV lines, rather than experienced captains playing their T4 CV since they are easier (although that of course has some effect).  The length of the T4 CV grind compared to other T4's is about four times as long, meaning any single CV captain making their way through a line will have four times the effect on T4 MM as the captain of any other ship class.  You can imagine what this does to T4 CV numbers.

[KNCOL]
363 posts
7,342 battles

Games that has two T6 and T8 CVs per side are rather uncommon, and two T10 CVs per side is impossible in the new MM mechanics (unless it's a horrible queue dump).

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles

Dude, my Kitakaze would enjoy that because I'm doing the mission to shoot down planes as a DD. But heck none of my Kitakaze games had CV yesterday.

*sad Kitakaze noises

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles

Perhaps if you whine less they might give you better MM:Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy:

Oh well, sucks to be you

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,878 battles

This last week, I would hazard a guess on at least 40% of all games at the t6 to t8 level have had 2 CV's per side. Thankfully I have not yet encountered a game with 4 T8 cv's. Usually there is a T8 & T6 pairing in those games.

2 cv's at the higher levels are manageable, even enjoyable as long as you don't manage to isolate yourself and then get focused down by both of them.

I need to learn to play my CV's, but co-op is almost useless at that task (games are over too quickly). I need to do my learning in randoms, but it's not fair on everyone else who is then at such a disadvantage because the other side will have an experienced cv captain. I don't want to contribute to the 6 cv nightmare at T4, so just don't play my CV's in randoms at all. 

I don't know what the solution is, CV's are in the game, and player numbers are high in the low tiers. Perhaps changing co-op to be more like operations, with maybe double the number of red team ships would help.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles
5 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

I need to learn to play my CV's, but co-op is almost useless at that task (games are over too quickly). I need to do my learning in randoms, but it's not fair on everyone else who is then at such a disadvantage because the other side will have an experienced cv captain. I don't want to contribute to the 6 cv nightmare at T4, so just don't play my CV's in randoms at all. 

You can train yourself slowly in the Training mode.

1. Learn in 1 vs 1 first against a static target to get the feel on how to initiate the attack with each squadrons at precise timing (neither too early, nor too late).

2. Once you understand enough on how the aforementioned works, set the bot to be mobile/moving. You can adjust what ship class you want to practice yourself against. I suggest to set the bot that is on the same tier with your CV.

3. You can add more bots in order to learn on how to approach the target effectively. I mean you cannot just simply use brute force to bypass the hostile AA. Don't forget to add some bots for your team to act as meatshields, or call some buddies if you have because bots often ram into each others to death (particularly DDs).

4. Rinse & repeat if you have multiple CVs to learn.

[TLS]
4,866 posts
21,287 battles

Actually coop you can learn. The problem is that bots are too good with their AA aegis and torpedo beats compared to human players.

I played ranked with my 4x3 Haku (accidentally forgot to change) a few times in the past and it was much easier compared to hit humans instead of bots.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,498 posts
11,896 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

two T10 CVs per side is impossible in the new MM mechanics

Not quite true.  You can have two T10 CV's per team without a queue dump.  The soft cap is one T10 CV per team, the hard cap is two.  This means that if there are four T10 CV's in the queue at one moment, they will not all be put in the same battle (as can easily happen at T4-8), but will be allocated to two separate battles.  If there are so many T10 CV's queuing that the match maker is putting one CV per team in every battle and the T10 CV queue is increasing, it will start putting two CV's per team.  If it got to the point where there were so many CV's in the queue that it was putting two CV's per team and the T10 CV queue was still increasing, that's when it would start to MM dump.  T10 CV numbers are routinely relatively low, well below one per team on average, so this basically never happens in actuality, but that's how it would work if you started to get the same number of T10 CV's queuing as there are at T4, for example.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,064 posts
3,738 battles

Of course you meet more T8 CV, 

RECENTLY WG GIVE DISCOUNT FOR ANY KIND OF DOUBLOON CV

WG even offer me "buy Graf Spee get Free Graf Zeppelin"

If you look closely most of T8 CV is premium..... And unlike old tech tree CV..... Premium CV print a lot of credit!

16K damage and NO MINUS CREDIT hohhohohoihoo

[SPCTH]
390 posts
10,320 battles
17 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

Today i tried this and yes its 6 CV in game and guess what.......... all ship die in 9mins both sides......... only 6 CV remain............... GG................world of Planes. With all that aside whats worse is that playing all these ships and getting CVs, is when you go and use your Mino or Worc ,Flint or Atlanta with AA spec and 0 CV............. i mean no CV till you change to another ship. Its a slap in the face. Its rigged, wasted all my flags and speccing for AA. Its deliberate by WG.

Edited by AxEyBoI

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,817 battles

There tends to be more CVs at peak hours in the evening, the population drops off steeply towards midnight.

Recently CV numbers have been increasing overall, especially at higher tiers. I saw a double T8/T10 CV game the other day, for the first time in months.

I for one am perfectly comfortable with this. CVs are fine now, and the mix: mostly 1 cv, sometimes none, occasionally 2, is finally about right. (T4 notwithstanding) It means I can equip a ship for an AA build now with a reasonable anticipation of it being useful. There is opportunity for both kinds of DD play (close support / lone wolf).

16 posts
2,742 battles

Dear @Vroooom,

Please note that deliberately leaving the game does not comply with the game rules and that you can be punished for your repetitive action.

An original copy of your post can be found here:

Spoiler

Im trying to start Russian and French BB line and finding 2 and 3 cv per side every game. My solution to 3 per side is to log out and leave the battle ill take the pink

Please feel free to refresh yourself on the Game Rules.

Thanks, and we hope to see you out on the High Seas!

The World of Warships Team

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,785 posts
28,581 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 7:07 AM, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

100% of my tier 4 games are 3x cv.

blame WG, they cant make up their damn minds 

they-

want to make CVs much more accessible to everyone

nerfed the high tier ones significantly, buffed AA across the board, released/is releasing lines with really good AA,  reduced their XP and credit income, and made queue times longer

buffed the low tier CVs, where there is no AA, quiker queues and wont make you lose money

and people wonder why all the CV players are compressed into the low tiers smh, i hate it as much as anyone else and been saying that they shouldnt have made it so easy or strong to play there but WG only listens to the spreadsheet...

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
2,511 posts
18,035 battles
1 hour ago, Vroooom said:

Im trying to start Russian and French BB line and finding 2 and 3 cv per side every game. My solution to 3 per side is to log out and leave the battle ill take the pink

then you are worse than WG themselves cause by that action you abandon your teammate .. they are innocent to all this and should not be penalized for others wrong doing ; hey you are in a BB , picture what its like playing a DD , yes I play DD and when I am playing my mid to low tier and get into a 2 to 3 CV game guess how disappointed I am, practically no AA on low and mid tier AA, no whee to run ( map is too small ) .. even several time in a 5vs 5 with 3 CV per side .. yes in the situation its just cake on the plate waiting to be taken, but its a game, you enter a team based game knowing its a team based game, you just do not abandon your teammate just like that    

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,892 posts
8,769 battles
2 hours ago, Vroooom said:

I’m sure most of the player base reckon this is scumbaggery at its best 

• Cool 3

[TLS]
4,866 posts
21,287 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

blame WG, they cant make up their damn minds 

they-

want to make CVs much more accessible to everyone

nerfed the high tier ones significantly, buffed AA across the board, released/is releasing lines with really good AA,  reduced their XP and credit income, and made queue times longer

buffed the low tier CVs, where there is no AA, quiker queues and wont make you lose money

and people wonder why all the CV players are compressed into the low tiers smh, i hate it as much as anyone else and been saying that they shouldnt have made it so easy or strong to play there but WG only listens to the spreadsheet...

^ this deserves coolkies.

"Want more CV players"

"Want better balance"

"Want to reduce skill gap"

"Want to placate complaints about too many CV"

"Want to show the RTS CV proponents wrong"

Right now, they are only acheiving #1 as trying to achieve any of the others at the same time is mutually exclusive with #1. In retrospect, this faceitious brand of CV play now is all actually to introduce "new gimmicks" for CV - rockets and especially the useless RN CV gimmick because I am having a hard time imagining how they would work in RTS CV. 

Sign in to follow this