Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Egg_Fart

divide and conquer

20 comments in this topic

[_BOB_]
41 posts
14,945 battles

Do you rush to the side of the map at the beginning ? and if so why !

p.s.- different then lemming 

[_BOB_]
41 posts
14,945 battles

I have played on the SEA server since coming to Japan from Germany 9 years ago , i always thought people liked tactic games in asia , cheese ,go ,etc ... but there is a lack of planning before the start of a match from a large percentage of my team mates on what to do and how to attack ... it is very troubling for those who wish to have a battle and not "just click and go bang bang pew pew" *trying to make a joke sorry !

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,349 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Crazy_Pants said:

I have played on the SEA server since coming to Japan from Germany 9 years ago , i always thought people liked tactic games in asia , cheese ,go ,etc ... but there is a lack of planning before the start of a match from a large percentage of my team mates on what to do and how to attack ... it is very troubling for those who wish to have a battle and not "just click and go bang bang pew pew" *trying to make a joke sorry !

the SEA server includes all of SEA, which includes many of the worst educated populace in the world, just learn to accept that some people don't have the logical foundation to make a proper decision here

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,005 posts
13,620 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Crazy_Pants said:

Do you rush to the side of the map at the beginning ? and if so why !

p.s.- different then lemming 

Depends on what map, and what ship class I play.

DD? No

CV? No

All else? Maybe, the closest I do is just sail forward at 45 degree

Rushing to the center is a suicidal move after all.

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,232 battles

Because there is free beer near the side of the map!

Seriously, it is just a "life preservation" tactic. "I don't want to die and don't care win/lose as long as I am alive".

• Cool 1

[_BOB_]
41 posts
14,945 battles
55 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

the SEA server includes all of SEA, which includes many of the worst educated populace in the world, just learn to accept that some people don't have the logical foundation to make a proper decision here

Okay well since i started this i should add, but i dont think the people who should reading this go to forum pages much of any looking at the people who replied the amount of games they played im in awe ,

1. Focus fire , . . . . The first of many qualities that define a good team. Can equal any ship or high skill player.

2. D.C. (damage control) . . . . Remembering who used their and how long ago, "you will become an fat american from all the BBQ you eat" * silly joke . . But important even more so in middle tiers with no heals.

3. R.R.R. (Recycle, reduce and reuse ). . , . Meaning don't through away your ship , save it if possible. Becuase the win is almighty . You dont have to keep shooting at everything. Something my big german body wishes i could be a ninja * sadly this will never happen  . . . . But learning detection ranges and using them are vailtly missed used.

**** please add more to help those unaware ****  help is always welcome

Edited by Captain_Crazy_Pants

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,738 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

DD? No

all french ship go flanking include DD, this is the best way to avoid crossfire but maintain enemy aggro. if you just dodge shell from only 1 direction is easier compared to dodging from multiple angle. also french ship have speed to reposition.

1 hour ago, Captain_Crazy_Pants said:

Okay well since i started this i should add, but i dont think the people who should reading this go to forum pages much of any looking at the people who replied the amount of games they played im in awe ,

1. Focus fire , . . . . The first of many qualities that define a good team. Can equal any ship or high skill player.

2. D.C. (damage control) . . . . Remembering who used their and how long ago, "you will become an fat american from all the BBQ you eat" * silly joke . . But important even more so in middle tiers with no heals.

3. R.R.R. (Recycle, reduce and reuse ). . , . Meaning don't through away your ship , save it if possible. Becuase the win is almighty . You dont have to keep shooting at everything. Something my big german body wishes i could be a ninja * sadly this will never happen  . . . . But learning detection ranges and using them are vailtly missed used.

there is ship manouvre optimized for bismarck AB-XY gun called "CARACOLLE", you charge to the frontal.... getting targeted, then turning 180 degree fire kiting....use repair and DCP if needed.... when DCP or Heal on cooldown, make sure you already concealed. this work well on flank.... never work for mid

make sure you are already 

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,210 posts
14,093 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Crazy_Pants said:

Story of our lives.

You're right. Most of those in the forums generally know what they're doing, they may not be unicums, but they can generally play smart.

We're happy to teach those who come asking for help, but those that need to, don't necessarily come here.

It doesn't help that there are a lot of non English speakers, but I'm sure that those in the other language forums who help just as much.

If you're not the person who plays with friends in divisions, then all you can really hope for is that your team has enough map awareness to adapt to the situation, or try to adapt yourself and fill in the gaps.

But there is reason why there are some here who refuse to play PvP.

But failing that, the one good thing in the forums is that you can use it to vent.

Just... be careful with topic selection... some of us have weird reactions.

[LBAS]
1,561 posts

divide and conquer???? what's that?

most of my 4 years of experience in random is ... divide and die one by one... =w=

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,005 posts
13,620 battles
12 hours ago, PGM991 said:

divide and conquer???? what's that?

Conqueror's UU mission:Smile_trollface: 

No I'm not kidding. Here's the list:

Source =https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/102776-legendary-upgrade-missions/

1949245355_UUList.jpg.241feefd0f113cb1f580f815a35c65bf.jpg

Yamato's UU sounds ironic

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

I always spawn isolated and alone, so my first action is to move towards the large fleet in team. This can take up to the first 7 mins of a battle. 10-12 mins to start engaging an enemy is not uncommon.

Why? You would have to ask WG, who would say "random" and "luck".

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,881 posts
8,729 battles

Depends what ship I'm in.  Soft and squishy will follow the rest of the ships.  Fast and pyromaniac will go to a flank and just annoy ships.

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,232 battles
56 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

This can take up to the first 7 mins of a battle. 10-12 mins to start engaging an enemy is not uncommon.

Am I playing a game where the objective is to sink the enemy or a game moving pieces around to decorate a garden?

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

You're preaching to the choir.

Often a battle just feels like a leisure boat simulator.

Now its not just dakka dakkas camping behind islands, BBs are doing it too.

It can take 3/4 of the battle time to flank around the islands to get a shot at them.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,232 battles
46 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

You're preaching to the choir.

Often a battle just feels like a leisure boat simulator.

Now its not just dakka dakkas camping behind islands, BBs are doing it too.

It can take 3/4 of the battle time to flank around the islands to get a shot at them.

Spend 15 minutes to move, last 5 minutes to lose. Yep. Definately sounds like a leisure boat simulator... Now where is that SimCruiseliner game where you build a cruiseliner... I think it is much cheaper than this one.

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

Most games follow similar patterns and once you have 1k to 2k matches under your belt, most people have basic idea of how to play.

Experienced players already know the default early game plan. They know their role and know their value to the team.

They don't talk much but they might use pings and radios to draw focus, or tell a friendly they're out of position.

If someone is doing a clearly terrible move and they don't respond. You just write them off.

In a sense you can coordinate reasonably well without needing to understand each other's languages. It demands experience and knowledge of the meta tho.

What requires more proper communication would be complex planning and simutaneously  pushing.

As a result the server naturally adapted a more conservative approach because it is a more reliable tactic when dealing with strangers and language barriers.

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

Tactic hmm............................... 

have you ever heard "Race to the Sea"    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_Sea

Due to stalemate - Both side try to outFlank each other, and end up skitting in map Border.

see,...... Border humping is  just like real Life :Smile_trollface:

Edited by humusz

[CLAY]
3,210 posts
14,093 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Spend 15 minutes to move, last 5 minutes to lose. Yep. Definately sounds like a leisure boat simulator... Now where is that SimCruiseliner game where you build a cruiseliner... I think it is much cheaper than this one.

I've been grinding Z-23 lately, and it does often feel like I'm the only one trying to push caps and stop enemy form getting through. I've been in a few matches the past few days where most of the team just hides around the edge of an island, trying to hit enemy, while leaving other choke points open.

I'd try to help them force though those points, but often there's at least one ship there which is extremely dangerous for a DD to get close to.

[SMOKE]
2,468 posts
17,872 battles
32 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I've been grinding Z-23 lately, and it does often feel like I'm the only one trying to push caps and stop enemy form getting through. I've been in a few matches the past few days where most of the team just hides around the edge of an island, trying to hit enemy, while leaving other choke points open.

I'd try to help them force though those points, but often there's at least one ship there which is extremely dangerous for a DD to get close to.

Now you know why this DD main here is so anguish about the current game meta ... its not that we DD do not want to go out and play the play, but the game mechanism is against us and the team usually is not in any interest to support , talk AA they are way back, talk close support , that team Radar is what 8KM from our side of the area ( and he/she think the Radar can cover the other side ) and of course they are no where even close to you the DD unless you happen to be at the back also, the Hydro ships never learn to use the preemptive , and talk about fire suppression I simply do not know how the big guns can suppress enemy fire if they put a piece of rock between themselves and the enemy almost always ; worse still whenever I put in an effort and CAP successfully, the moment it happen they all reel back from the front , instead of taking up cross fire and defensive ambush position. I've lost count how many time I give the team an early cap just so that turn around they just hand it to the enemy 

Flanking only work if you had both Speed and Support and better still also Stealth and that mean for best measure it require a DD or CL supported close by CA and fellow by BB , just how many CA and BB are likely doing that today ... and you can tell why this tactics is fast becoming a kind of niche ... lone wolf still do it but its at cost of great danger lurking around just that single counter spotting ( and there are many ), some game sees a brave few group up and push flanking as a group , sometime with success, but more often they will be stop dead track due to lack of support from the main front.

These days divide and conquer looks more like divide and find that big piece of island to huddle together and hide

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this