Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

Georgia vs Massachusetts

6 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
113 posts
7,346 battles

Hi

How do these two ships match up ?

They are both close quarters fun ships I believe - what are peoples experiences ?

And if you had to choose one , which would it be and why  ?

Thanks D

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,929 battles

Massachusetts.

Why? Having nine super-heavy 406mm shells is much better than only six 457mm one, considering their accuracy for any meaningful use.

Secondaries is the same.

T8 can met T6, and that feeling of *DOMINATION* maybe attractive.

And i belive Mass is easier to turn due to its smaller size overall?

But eh, both ship has a good reputation overall as fun. Choose as you wish

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles

My vote goes to Massachusetts. While the Georgia may have better credit potential as a Tier 9 Premium, the Massa is plain fun all around.

She is a Tier 8, so she can meet and absolutely dominate the Tier 6s. Secondaries with IFHE can wreck Tier 6 BBs that get into range.

Also I find the Massa doesn't really mind being bottom tier as much as other Tier 8s.

[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
942 posts
8,683 battles

I would vote for both of them, but I still prefer Georgia

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,496 battles

+1 for Massa.

Both are a great choice and it is up to you really. BB with speed boost and 6x 18" guns and great secondaries, or a more conventional US BB with 9x 16" guns and great secondaries. Either way you get a solid enjoyable BB.

Massa has more main guns and chance of better MM, seeing T6s on occasion is a big plus. Great agility with 710m turn circle and 12.5 sec rudder shift using steering gears mod. Also having one of the best torpedo belts in the game is a nice feature in case you take a surprise torp or 2 when closing inside secondary range. Main guns are accurate enough as long as you are playing in the 10-12 km area. At long range Massa and Alabama (the other T8 US South Dakota class BB prem) are both pretty poor. 

Don't get me wrong, I never for a second regret getting Georgia. 40 knot BB speed boost for the luls using secondaries on DDs (or anyone) who can't outrun you :Smile_trollface: . Georgia in my experience is accurate but really struggles to get many hits on target per salvo due to low number of main guns. Georgia for me is unfortunately not used as much as she should be anymore as I have Ohio. I'll see myself out...…… :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this