Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UvebeenHAZED

Can anyone justify this matching?

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
43 posts
4,921 battles

I'm not trying to be mean but can anyone explain the logic in this match making and why is this acceptable? 

What am I supposed to do in this situation? Wait for our CV players to do something? Target practice for enemy CV players?

Ain't gonna buy premium account for games like this. I can double assure that.

Time of this match:
11:18 am
Friday, 10 January 2020
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

rubbishMM.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

Not enough T4 players.

"Waiting times" (wg excuse)

Broken MM (wg refuses to acknowledge)

Seal clubbing (because higher tier carriers have had caps on them)

You cannot grind for PR < T5, therefore no one playing

Anymore to add people?

Disclaimer: I sold my Hosho ages ago when they removed manual drops because it served absolutely no purpose for an experienced player to autodrop. I never bought it back despite sealclubbing potential because I absolutely hate the rework shit and the nap times I spend flying from carrier to target.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
43 posts
4,921 battles

is WG doing anything to fix this problem?

Just return to wows after a long time (I left before CV rework)

It's very discouraging to continue playing with this type of match

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles

u should ask WG, this game is World of warships or World of warplanes?

just look at T4 match 6CVs in 1 map, planes are more than ships at least 2 times :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles

Ok, the 3x CV per side is a common enough occurrence at low tiers.

WG... probably isn’t going to fix it, they may try, but the problem is a result of them trying to fix something else (combination of CV rework in general, only allowing 1 CV per side in higher tiers, high tier CV play being not enjoyable which makes more players play lower tiers etc...) so I don’t have much hope.

As far as the 5 per side players, that’s to do with the time of day, off peak play time. Simply not enough players online to make proper matches, I’d try to play at another time. At least then there will be more ships for CVs to attack.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
10,296 battles

That was me in a T5 BB against 3 CV and each side had 2 BBs, just dodge torps all game. Should not be allowed to have more CV then other ships. As that game is World of Planes

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles

I honestly feel like WG has no intention to fix it on purpose. This kind of discouragement will always force anyone to play higher tiers, either by selling premium accounts, premium ships, or signal/camo bundle packs.

"Repopulate low & mid tiers" - WG, circa 2019

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

I honestly feel like WG has no intention to fix it on purpose. This kind of discouragement will always force anyone to play higher tiers, either by selling premium accounts, premium ships, or signal/camo bundle packs.

"Repopulate low & mid tiers" - WG, circa 2019

"Lets sell more high tier ships and even sell a T10" - WG (in actions, not actually stated), also circa 2019.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
43 posts
4,921 battles

If WG loves their CV so much, just put 3v3 CVs in a match.

Why dragging 2x random class as target dummy?

I'd pay to watch the live stream of WG devs playing the exactly same match as the disposable classes

• Cool 1

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,856 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

They had an idea to repopulate mid tier with Rubbish burnheap. But it fail miserably. You do know that repopulating mid tier is harder than you think right?

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
1 minute ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

They had an idea to repopulate mid tier with Rubbish burnheap. But it fail miserably. You do know that repopulating mid tier is harder than you think right?

The problem with Rubbish Burnheap is that it made you A) have to have 5 T10 ships to start with, B) Made you give up too much, and C) Forced you to grind specific ships which you may not have wanted to.

Many players suggested other ways, even based on existing mechanics, to promote mid tier play, WG ignored them.

WG just wanted people to spend money on FXP conversion to FXP ships.

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

Believe me, all issues are Inter-related and solving one issue has a knock down effect on other things. My solutions are looking at the big picture and coming up with something that will try to prioritize the important issues. 

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

WG just wanted people to spend money on FXP conversion to FXP ships.

How about wg stop issuing non-FXP ships? Then people will have no choice but TO SPEND their FXP? And buy FXP which will earn them money? Steel/coal/points ships earn WG no money unless they are in the shop. They have obvious avenues of generating revenue but instead are listening to the stupidest suggestions from reddit and the CCs.

You are not going to solve the "excess FXP problem that some people have" because those people are the ones that can easily earn FXP and to them, it is a laughable exercise. It does not solve it in the long run.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I know it's not an easy feat to achieve. However WG is the culprit on why it is just a hard thing.*cough* the +/-2 tier MM

The MM issue breaks down into multiple other issues which would not even exist in first place if the MM is fairer.

2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The problem with Rubbish Burnheap is that it made you A) have to have 5 T10 ships to start with, B) Made you give up too much, and C) Forced you to grind specific ships which you may not have wanted to.

D) Anyone can literally skip the grinding part by using their Free EXP. One win, use Free EXP to skip the grind, repeat.

The Rubbish Burnheap might have been more effective at its supposed function if WG restricts the skipping part.

Beta Tester
43 posts
4,921 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

Wow... is that match fun?

Love your signature:

As long as CV and Radar exist, this game don't deserve any money.

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
37 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The Rubbish Burnheap might have been more effective at its supposed function if WG restricts the skipping part.

Or not as people will just ignore it as a pointless endeavour. For me, I can easily FXP it but what do I gain apart from pointlessly wasting my FXP? A ship that I will possibly seldom play? The whole point is wg has been deceiving the player base about "repopulating mid-tiers" just like how it deceived people with the PR event.

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,856 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Many players suggested other ways, even based on existing mechanics, to promote mid tier play, WG ignored them.

Such as what? If those ideas/suggestions from players does not make so much money in return, well WG ignored them obviously. Every time they implement something new, they have to make sure their hardwork will be paid off. 

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,496 posts
11,870 battles
23 hours ago, UvebeenHAZED said:

I'm not trying to be mean but can anyone explain the logic in this match making and why is this acceptable? 

You've posted an MM dump.  What this means is that the match maker has been unable to find a match that fulfills the many MM rules for some of the players in sufficient time, so they've dropped them into a battle that ignores quite a few rules so people don't stay in the queue for extended periods.

This does happen quite a bit at T4 due to the CV problem at this tier.  They have recently tightened the rules on how many T4 CV's are allowed per battle, and this will be having the unfortunate side effect of having more MM dumps.  They currently have a problem with too many T4 CV's, mainly because it takes four times as long for a player to grind through a T4 CV as any other T4 ship, so every T4 CV captain grinding through their ship has the same effect on the MM as four players of any other class in that tier.  Combine that with the poor AA balance at that tier making it a quite easy tool for clubbing and you have a recipe for a problem, and one that WG has failed to fix.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
43 posts
4,921 battles

image.png.f9ba75aff71c6b22a5f4ba8502c7d8dc.png

4 minutes into a match and this is the damage done by 2x CVs only.

I swear this is WG plan to make us rage and push us to buy and spend free XP to skip these rubbish low tier.

Shame!

unless there is a way to dodge rockets and i dont know about it (shrug)

Edited by UvebeenHAZED

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,496 posts
11,870 battles
2 hours ago, UvebeenHAZED said:

unless there is a way to dodge rockets and i dont know about it (shrug)

This may help.

Also, you're in an Acasta there.  It's highly maneuverable and has 2.3km air concealment plus the superb RN DD short duration smokes.  It has one of the best anti-CV toolkits in the game.  You can just smoke any time RF's come near you (if the CV spots you, the smoke was too late), or you can use the above linked technique while abusing your air concealment, or a combination of both.  Like anything it takes practice and experience though, so keep working on it and learning!

Sign in to follow this