Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WorIdofWarsheeps

New Ship balancing Change

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

767
[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
945 posts
8,711 battles

German cruiser Hindenburg, tier X:

  • The main battery reload time was lowered from 10.5 to 9.8 s.

The new lowered reload time will increase the cruiser's overall combat efficiency.

American battleship Montana, tier X:

  • Restoration of hit points by Repair party consumable was increased from 0.5% to 0.66% of maximum hit points per second.

Montana's Repair party will be the same as of other USA battleships.

Soviet battleship Kremlin, tier X:

  • AA guns' amount of hit points is halved.

Besides good armor and a huge number of hit points, Kremlin has very effective AA guns, which are hard to be destroyed. This makes the battleship well protected from planes for the whole duration of the battle. The change will make it easier for aircraft carriers to attack the battleship closer to the middle of the battle when some of the AA guns were already destroyed.

European destroyer Blyskawica, tier VII:

  • Turret firing angles were increased:

    • Of the first turret by 10 degrees;

    • Of the second turret by 1 degree;

    • Of the fourth turret by 15 degrees;

  • Torpedo tubes turning angles were increased:

    • By 8 degrees towards bow;

    • by 2 degrees towards aft.

Firing main guns and launching torpedoes will be more comfortable with new turning angles.

French destroyer Fusilier, tier III:

  • The number of hit points of the stock hull was lowered from 9300 to 7900;

  • The number of hit points of the researchable hull was lowered from 10900 to 9300.

The change will lower the combat efficiency of the ship and balance it with other tier III destroyers.

French destroyer Mogador, tier IX:

  • The detectability ranges were increased:

    • By ships from 9.04 to 9.54 km;

    • By planes from 4.35 to 4.59 km;

    • After firing main guns in smoke from 3.7 to 3.96 km.

  • Torpedoes' detectability range increased from 1.4 to 1.8 km.

French destroyer Kleber, tier X:

  • The detectability ranges were increased:

    • By ships from 8.88 to 9.88 km;

    • By planes from 4.83 to 5.38 km;

    • After firing main guns in smoke from 3.63 to 4.15 km.

  • Torpedoes' detectability range increased from 1.4 to 1.8 km.

With the current detectability ranges, high-speed Mogador and Kleber can execute surprise attacks with the enemy having not enough time to react. In combination with the main advantage of French destroyers - effective main battery - these ships were too strong in comparison with other destroyers.

French cruiser Henri IV, tier X:

  • Time for the ship's engine to reach maximum power was increased;

  • Acceleration parameters while Engine boost consumable is active were changed.

Due to Engine boost and high base speed, Henri IV was able to dodge incoming fire quickly changing the speed. Now, the ship will accelerate and decelerate smoother.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

 

from Reddit

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,594 posts
7,984 battles

Hmmm...

The previous RoF nerf to Hindenburg is completely undone with a 0.2s bonus, however probably what makes her uncompetetive remains.

The nerfs to Kreml (I perfer this rendering), Mogador and Kleber... at least they nerfed Kreml, even if only a bit that makes her somewhat more vulnerable to aerial attacks late game.

And about Herni IV it seems that WG decided to reduce her effciency in speed-juking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[ATLAS]
Member
18 posts
21,325 battles

Those buff on blyska gun angle seems good, might buy it later.

If only they also buff the reload and concealment  :fish_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,353
[TLS]
Member
4,858 posts
21,287 battles
4 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

And about Herni IV it seems that WG decided to reduce her effciency in speed-juking?

LOL. "Finally addresses' the issue I always said HIV always had: long range sniping, unable to effectively hit it at range. You cannot have something that can hit from range and then avoid counterfire easily. Zao used to be able to do it with its stealth firing but then it got taken away. I don't need an effing spreadsheet to see the problems with ships.

Can we undo the economic nerf that was clearly unneeded and had no relation to the problem HIV had?

Kremlin, what nerf? Nerfing AA will not solve the primary problem: it is still too effective at bowtanking. Half the matches the "nerf" will be useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,848 battles
36 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Hindenburg: gets buffed

Roon: "*slight discomfort* Scheisse."

FTFY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[LBAS]
Member
3,379 posts
15,848 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

 

Kremlin, what nerf? Nerfing AA will not solve the primary problem: it is still too effective at bowtanking. Half the matches the "nerf" will be useless. 

When i see this one the 3 carriers just standing there......

*Hakuryu, Audacious and Midway glares menacingly*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,353
[TLS]
Member
4,858 posts
21,287 battles

A few weeks back I was watching a youtube video that was commenting how devs ineffectually 'balance by spreadsheet' instead of looking at the situation, assessing it and then correcting the necessary issue. 

Balancing should be geared towards making things acceptable for the majority of players. (Read: not the unicums/top players because they always break the balancing). Right now, what that spreadsheet they use needs is a virus to wipe it and all the backups out.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,628
[CLAY]
Member
3,231 posts
14,200 battles
48 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

LOL. "Finally addresses' the issue I always said HIV always had: long range sniping, unable to effectively hit it at range. You cannot have something that can hit from range and then avoid counterfire easily. Zao used to be able to do it with its stealth firing but then it got taken away. I don't need an effing spreadsheet to see the problems with ships.

Can we undo the economic nerf that was clearly unneeded and had no relation to the problem HIV had?

Kremlin, what nerf? Nerfing AA will not solve the primary problem: it is still too effective at bowtanking. Half the matches the "nerf" will be useless. 

It will only work if several things happen in a match.

A. Ships HE spam Krem to knock out AA.

B. CV then takes advantage.

This relies on the rare phenomenon known as TEAMWORK.

And hope that HE spammers have nothing better to shoot at as, while they may knock out AA, they will not get the HE penetrations they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[LGND]
Member
569 posts
13,714 battles

eyyy why AA nerf to kreml ? why not nerf her main gun traverse speed.... nerf it to standart  BB turret traverse speed.... thats it, thats what kremlin need now, not AA health nerf Reeeeeeee.......:Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,353
[TLS]
Member
4,858 posts
21,287 battles
8 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

eyyy why AA nerf to kreml ? why not nerf her main gun traverse speed.... nerf it to standart  BB turret traverse speed.... thats it, thats what kremlin need now, not AA health nerf Reeeeeeee.......:Smile_izmena:

This is typical wg idiocy. Remember YY? Problem was with radar. Instead, nerf guns and torps. HIV, performs "too well", nerfs economics.

There are other examples I fail to recall at the moment.

PS: FYI Yamato has exactly the same sized guns with poorer performance in terms of shell penetrations yet it has like the worst traverse by a lightyear.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[LGND]
Member
569 posts
13,714 battles
35 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

This is typical wg idiocy. Remember YY? Problem was with radar. Instead, nerf guns and torps. HIV, performs "too well", nerfs economics.

There are other examples I fail to recall at the moment.

PS: FYI Yamato has exactly the same sized guns with poorer performance in terms of shell penetrations yet it has like the worst traverse by a lightyear.

Sovetsky,Ohio, and Kremlin need turret traverse nerf, doesnt make sense 457 mm got speed traverse as fast as Des Moines......
Kremlin and Soyuz already got strong bow tank ut WG refuse to balance her turret -_- including ohio...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,574 battles

French dds already have extra CV issues by not having smoke, what is the reasoning in making them more detectable?  

I feel like with the latest sub test showing subs murdering dds with guided torps and perma spotting, added to radar and sonar doing magic things that this is heading towards only hail mary plays from dd captains.  

And the Kremlin's AA is it's balancing issue? Really?  

Many years ago I was in a situation where security was complaining about constant breaches in a locked down venue by non-cleared personnel.  To fix the issue they removed the security.  Seriously.        This seems similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,234
Member
5,695 posts
9,510 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

This is typical wg idiocy. Remember YY? Problem was with radar. Instead, nerf guns and torps. HIV, performs "too well", nerfs economics.

There are other examples I fail to recall at the moment.

PS: FYI Yamato has exactly the same sized guns with poorer performance in terms of shell penetrations yet it has like the worst traverse by a lightyear.

Conqueror: 457 was sh*tty and was overpowered by 419. Players demanded nerfs of the 419.

What WG did (before Thunderer): raised citadel then buffed the heal. Did nothing about the guns that many people hated and are still hating.

842063820_mindblown.gif.fa745f080203a2dcbbf22e553ff98bef.gif

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,353
[TLS]
Member
4,858 posts
21,287 battles
41 minutes ago, Tagnbag said:

Many years ago I was in a situation where security was complaining about constant breaches in a locked down venue by non-cleared personnel.  To fix the issue they removed the security.  Seriously.        This seems similar. 

I give you a better example. Ages ago, there was an issue with corruption with politicians in an unnamed country that we shall just label... Am. To solve that issue, they just totally legalized corruption.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,626
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles

Baguettes get nerfed.... that's enough for a good news:Smile_trollface:

 

 

No I'm not bringing the Italians. They are too busy debating against the "pineapple on pizza" supporters:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,179
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,885 battles
1 hour ago, Wong_Wei said:

Smolensk is obviously balans no need to make change

Statistically Smolensk is quite balanced.  It is very much mid-pack for win rate, and above average but not the best for damage, both for all players and for the best players.  It doesn't need a nerf.

3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Kremlin, what nerf? Nerfing AA will not solve the primary problem: it is still too effective at bowtanking. Half the matches the "nerf" will be useless. 

Spot on here.  The AA nerf is fine, but it's extremely specific - for one enemy ship only, in the mid-late game only, on the occasion there is a CV in the battle only, the Kremlin will be slightly more vulnerable.  Kremlin is too survivable to surface ships of all types, this is what needs toning down a bit.

1 hour ago, Tagnbag said:

French dds already have extra CV issues by not having smoke, what is the reasoning in making them more detectable?  

High tier French DD's are too strong.  This seems like an appropriate nerf in terms of it's nerfing the correct aspect of the ship, but it's a pretty massive hit.  I'm not saying it's too much, it may be about right, but it is definitely a sizable nerf.  Kleber is strong because of it's ability to catch enemy DD's and kill them on the turn.  That will be much harder with this nerf.  It's also a very large nerf to it's torpedo ability, because it will struggle to stealth torp now, especially if you don't take CE which is currently the better build.

 

Overall the changes seem okay.  Blyska changes will actually be really effective, the gun angles are very limiting right now.  Henri changes are spot on, French DD changes make me sad but are well directed, Hindy and Monty buffs seem like in the right direction and by an appropriate amount.  The only change I don't think is right is the Kremlin nerf - there is nothing wrong with the nerf as such, it's definitely something that should be done, but it needs other survivability nerfs far more than the one they gave it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[KAMI]
Member
530 posts
6,381 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Balancing should be geared towards making things acceptable for the majority of players. (Read: not the unicums/top players because they always break the balancing).

We already balance around casuals. While the majority should have a say on the gameplay experience, I want more ships to actually be viable at higher levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,574 battles
ours ago, Wong_Wei said:

Smolensk is obviously balans no need to make change

Statistically Smolensk is quite balanced.  It is very much mid-pack for win rate, and above average but not the best for damage, both for all players and for the best players.  It doesn't need a nerf.

 

Wrong.  If you take away the top players and the complete potatoes who rush in it the ship is actually overpowered in its abilities.  The reason it appears on some paper to look OK is the people who do silly things in her or get really unlucky and detonate after pushing the battle button. In the hands of just an average player she does extremely well.  You only have to watch some top players getting 100k damage in less than 5 minutes and tanking yamato volleys because of the troll armour/lack of armour to see there are issues.  Unfortunately when things go wrong they go really wrong, and that is where the statistics get skewed.

Brit cruisers were not allowed HE with smoke for a reason. Even WG conceded it was OP.  

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[KAMI]
Member
530 posts
6,381 battles
2 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

If you take away the top players and the complete potatoes who rush in it the ship is actually overpowered in its abilities.

2 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

You only have to watch some top players getting 100k damage in less than 5 minutes and tanking yamato volleys because of the troll armour/lack of armour to see there are issues.

"If you take away the top players..."

"You only have to watch some top players..."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,353
[TLS]
Member
4,858 posts
21,287 battles

*sigh*

Smelly is a weapon of intimidation just like a Mino. Both suffer from the same issues of getting easily deleted if they are not careful. Both rely primarily on superstructure damage (smelly has advantage of starting fires) as their shell penetrations are woeful. Unless you are gifted with broadsides. And you don't gift other players YOUR broadside. 

I have a saying: "The only good Mino is the Mino I am driving". That applies to Smelly. I intensely hated the Mino before. Then I got one and joined the party. Now I say, "the only good Mino is the Mino I am driving".

If you are a bb deciding that you like to be a stationary target for a Smolensk, well, congratulations for being an easy target. 

If you are a dd and don't realize that Smolensk nearby and WASD hax to throw off the Smolensk's aim, well, congratulations for making yourself a delicious and easy target.

If you are a ca and get focused by a Smolensk, maybe it is time to stealth, reposition and get some big artillery help to wipe that pest off the face of the map.

Honestly speaking, I find the Mino the superior ship of the two (that RN nimbleness). Smelly just has range and HE as it's benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
800
[BLESS]
Member
1,462 posts
12,809 battles

The Kremlin nerf is a head-scratcher, but I think it will have the desired effect ...  to make CVs more welcome in high tier games. 😀

I think everyone agrees that the French DD nerfs were close to what was needed. The nerf to torp visibility will hit pretty hard.

I'm puzzled by the Blyskawica buffs. I felt it was a strong ship even before the reload buff last year, but WG has deemed improved firing angles were also needed... of the torps as well as the gun turrets. Ok ... sure I guess.

Blyskawica is a strange ship. I have a high win rate but unremarkable damage output. The ship is uniquely equipped to deliver small packets of damage in highly accurate, surgical strikes. Killing off wounded enemy DDs is a particular specialty. Obviously this has an outsize impact on the game outcome, and I consider Blys to be a very strong ship for this reason. The firing angle buff will make her stronger still, but honestly I don't think the damage numbers will change much and her bad reputation will be sustained. What really holds her back damage wise is the low torpedo range / concealment ratio.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[KAMI]
Member
1,567 posts
13,108 battles
14 hours ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

German cruiser Hindenburg, tier X:

  • The main battery reload time was lowered from 10.5 to 9.8 s.

Thank you wargaming

14 hours ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

American battleship Montana, tier X:

  • Restoration of hit points by Repair party consumable was increased from 0.5% to 0.66% of maximum hit points per second.

Thank again

14 hours ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

Soviet battleship Kremlin, tier X:

  • AA guns' amount of hit points is halved.

????

Moar nerf please 

14 hours ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

French destroyer Mogador, tier IX:

  • The detectability ranges were increased:

    • By ships from 9.04 to 9.54 km;

    • By planes from 4.35 to 4.59 km;

    • After firing main guns in smoke from 3.7 to 3.96 km.

  • Torpedoes' detectability range increased from 1.4 to 1.8 km.

French destroyer Kleber, tier X:

  • The detectability ranges were increased:

    • By ships from 8.88 to 9.88 km;

    • By planes from 4.83 to 5.38 km;

    • After firing main guns in smoke from 3.63 to 4.15 km.

  • Torpedoes' detectability range increased from 1.4 to 1.8 km.

THANK GOD u all know what annoying

 

Edited by Gummilicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×