Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

So IEarlGrey is "SACKE- i mean resigning "

43 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
3,418 posts
13,620 battles

Should have stayed quiet and let the fire burn itself out. But nooooooooooooooo.

Poured more gasoline over a raging fire and, BOOM! Went home missing an eyebrow or two.

-_-

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,418 posts
13,620 battles
3 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I rather want Mr.Conway to Quit as well.

I have not been following that side of the story.

Other than he just streams.

What about Sub_O? Should he also "retire"?

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

I have not been following that side of the story.

Other than he just streams.

Sub is okay, He didn't do anything wrong with it, Its just WG made him say something awful to the community.

[-CAT-]
3,418 posts
13,620 battles
11 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Sub is okay, He didn't do anything wrong with it, Its just WG made him say something awful to the community.

I see. :fish_book:

Now the 2nd question is, will they be cleaning up the PR mess?

I forgot if he is also the brain child of the NTC / RB fiasco?
If so, will WG be cleaning it up or continue the plans of putting legendary upgrades in the NTC / RB? Which is very very very unpopular.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
10 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I see. :fish_book:

Now the 2nd question is, will they be cleaning up the PR mess?

If so, will WG be cleaning it up or continue the plans of putting legendary upgrades in the NTC / RB? Which is very very very unpopular.

That is up to Weegee.

Especially Unique Upgrade, I hate when my efforts were wasted. Those Personal Assignment were a good thing since i can get ez alot Consumables reward.

• Cool 4

[ATLAS]
20 posts
15,248 battles

He got what he deserved. Plenty of days to apologize and retract his statements, but nope keeps doubling down and pouring gasoline into the fire. Even in the end, he didn't admit his mistake and blames the community reaction on his tweet.

Yeah won't miss him

f5a.gif

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,863 battles
12 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Should have stayed quiet and let the fire burn itself out. But nooooooooooooooo.

Poured more gasoline over a raging fire and, BOOM! Went home missing an eyebrow or two.

-_-

I really have no idea what he was thinking with those tweets. Those weren't the thoughts of a rational man. I am very sure he would have backed off on the tweets if he was instructed to by WG, but the fact that he didn't and instead doubled down leaves me suspicions that something else is at play here.

Is there some internal conflict going on in WG? Because the only logical explanation I can come up with is he was purposely trying to fan the flames further as a form of trollish protest against the PR event. If anything EarlGrey's tweets just served to highlight the ridiculousness of the entire event.That would certainly explain why he was sacked.

Call me cynical , but I don't think WG cares enough about the playerbase to sack EarlGrey over his tweets, considering Lesta Studio's CEO has said far worse stuff about the players. By the sounds of it it seems like EarlGrey is not even required to serve his notice period. Perhaps WG really wants him out of there.

Meanwhile Lesta Studio's CEO, who has said worse stuff, and the ones behind the PR event and the plans to move the Unique upgrades to the NTC/RB walk free. You know what, I kinda feel sorry for EarlGrey. He was made to be WG's sacrificial lamb to the playerbase, while the real culprits get away with no repercussions. I guess if anybody was to be sacrificed, it was best to let it be the English foreigner lol.

Edited by Thyaliad
Lesta Studio CEO not WG
  • Cool 7

[LBAS]
3,379 posts
15,851 battles

He got what he deserve, we wont miss him though, and this is justice served on a plate.

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
6 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

he is a puppet :fish_viking:

[TLS]
4,866 posts
21,287 battles
6 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Those Personal Assignment were a good thing since i can get ez alot Consumables reward.

"Trying to fix broken economy with glut of credits/FXP/consumables". First, find out why people are not spending them?

592 posts
1,666 battles
7 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

He was a just CC, then What was he hired by WG/Lesta as?

I just Can Not believe he was at the position that responsible for pushing out NTC/RB or even PR . though he may be one of the supporter of the idea.

[LGND]
569 posts
13,714 battles
9 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

That is up to Weegee.

Especially Unique Upgrade, I hate when my efforts were wasted. Those Personal Assignment were a good thing since i can get ez alot Consumables reward.

rumor says they want rework entire Legend Mod....
i'll be Riot mode if My Des Moines Legend Mod got nerf.... :Smile_izmena:

562 posts
6,767 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I really have no idea what he was thinking with those tweets. Those weren't the thoughts of a rational man. I am very sure he would have backed off on the tweets if he was instructed to by WG, but the fact that he didn't and instead doubled down leaves me suspicions that something else is at play here.

Is there some internal conflict going on in WG? Because the only logical explanation I can come up with is he was purposely trying to fan the flames further as a form of trollish protest against the PR event. If anything EarlGrey's tweets just served to highlight the ridiculousness of the entire event.That would certainly explain why he was sacked.

Call me cynical , but I don't think WG cares enough about the playerbase to sack EarlGrey over his tweets, considering WG's CEO has said far worse stuff about the players. By the sounds of it it seems like EarlGrey is not even required to serve his notice period. Perhaps WG really wants him out of there.

Meanwhile WG's CEO, who has said worse stuff, and the ones behind the PR event and the plans to move the Unique upgrades to the NTC/RB walk free. You know what, I kinda feel sorry for EarlGrey. He was made to be WG's sacrificial lamb to the playerbase, while the real culprits get away with no repercussions. I guess if anybody was to be sacrificed, it was best to let it be the English foreigner lol.

I'm a bit blind here but what did WG's CEO say to the players? And can you screenshot them here? I'd like to see those for myself.

I have a fleeting feeling that the NTC/RB was a CEO-pushed project, and that dire stuff was threatened to the developers if they had to retract it, no matter the community reaction. Which is why it went ahead despite negative feedback.

[ANZAC]
522 posts
19,782 battles

His role was Global Content Creator and Influencer Manager for World of Warships, at Wargaming - i.e. CC wrangler.

So he didnt have any role in deciding direction of the game such as NTC/RB/ PR . But like any employee I guess he had to act as if every new idea from WG is the best and greatest thing. Shame he never learned that being a public face meant learning the act of diplomacy, and also how to gauge the feel of the community...

[TF44]
529 posts
22,492 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Meanwhile WG's CEO, who has said worse stuff, and the ones behind the PR event and the plans to move the Unique upgrades to the NTC/RB walk free. You know what, I kinda feel sorry for EarlGrey. He was made to be WG's sacrificial lamb to the playerbase, while the real culprits get away with no repercussions. I guess if anybody was to be sacrificed, it was best to let it be the English foreigner lol.

I'd like to know what the CEO says too. Earl probably got the short end of the stick with existing baggage. I'm not particularly fond of sacking unless he's on top of the food chain/or person itself has questionable ethical behaviour.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles
47 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I'm a bit blind here but what did WG's CEO say to the players? And can you screenshot them here? I'd like to see those for myself.

I have a fleeting feeling that the NTC/RB was a CEO-pushed project, and that dire stuff was threatened to the developers if they had to retract it, no matter the community reaction. Which is why it went ahead despite negative feedback.

Untitled.thumb.png.09bba382ff600a3c19cf65dcd153b49e.png

Translation (based on Google Translate):

Player "A"= 

So, as one person wrote before, you start sharing players.

So it was necessary to write "we made an event for those who can pound, others .........."

For example, I just bought for doubloons honestly with my salary card. - Not everyone can afford it!

WG's GM =

Sorry, “Tens” in Our game will NEVER be distributed to everyone in an easy way.

Player "B" =

Leave the dock, well, please!) With some other ship or conditions, otherwise I wanted to look at the stages of construction ....! This is the only thing that upsets me, maybe I didn’t count on Puerto initially!

WG's GM =

Make sure. But it takes time, since a large amount of work.

My citation:

Player "B" wants the dockyard to be a permanent feature. He does not even want Puerto Rico, but he wants the feature stays in the game.

Edited by Sir_Feather

[TWR]
1,325 posts
5,173 battles
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Call me cynical , but I don't think WG cares enough about the playerbase to sack EarlGrey over his tweets, considering WG's CEO has said far worse stuff about the players. By the sounds of it it seems like EarlGrey is not even required to serve his notice period. Perhaps WG really wants him out of there.

Yep,looks like his comments conveniently gave them the excuse to throw someone who wasn't high in the company under the bus, and try and deflect some of the anger.

[LBAS]
2,064 posts
3,738 battles
8 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

That is why i said WG is controlled by weeb Italian Mafia.... They always do whatever they want until the Crimson fall.

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

2 hours ago, Lowyat said:

I'd like to know what the CEO says too. Earl probably got the short end of the stick with existing baggage. I'm not particularly fond of sacking unless he's on top of the food chain/or person itself has questionable ethical behaviour.

[TWR]
1,325 posts
5,173 battles

Wasn't if the CEO who also said the event was for players with no like and/or are disabled?

Trying to find the post now,but no luck so far.

Did find a post with Sub_Octavian though confirming the PR is a money grab from last month:

Screenshot_20191213_131040_com.android.c

Cos, you know,they don't make enough from charging normal full game prices for a lot of ships! 😄

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,863 battles
3 hours ago, TD1 said:

2 hours ago, Lowyat said:

14 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Wasn't if the CEO who also said the event was for players with no like and/or are disabled? 

Sorry I made an error. It was not WG CEO but Lesta Studio CEO (the WoWs arm of WG).

It was originally posted on the Russian forums, and translated to English on Reddit by one of the Russian players.

So he basically dismissed any unhappiness the playerbase has as "whining". Like sure, the outrage in general was a bit overblown imo, but there were plenty of genuine concerns among the outrage. To dismiss everybody's concern as whining or something similar shows a very callous and apathetic reaction from WG.

Worse, he implied the Puerto Rico event was designed that way for people who stay at home and play the game a lot, such as those with health issues. Like wtf WG?

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[TWR]
1,325 posts
5,173 battles

Thanks for finding that!

Forgot myself that it was the WoWs CEO and not the studio head.Doesn't make it any less bad though.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles
6 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Worse, he implied the Puerto Rico event was designed that way for people who stay at home and play the game a lot, such as those with health issues. Like wtf WG?

As a player with health issues (cerebral palsy), I disapprove his statement. The grind is already tedious for the healthy players, let alone for those with health issues.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this