You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryusuke_ShireiKan

Increase exp for those helped capturing base?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

I think one of the most common problems on most of us is We lost the match cuz some of the BB camp in the blue line, some cruisers goes any places on the world of their own without protecting the cap dd because sinking ships gives high exp making, so if the exp was high on capturing bases, then Most of the ships will cap or help the capturing ship? XD

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i agree to this one. some player just don't want to play objective game, they just want to camp all day long and try to get kills, specially encounter battle some dd player don't even want to step forward on the cap zone.

i wish they add some credits too because the players who like to plays the objective are the first one that  get killed in the battle most of the times, specially if they don't have allies that will help them.

Beta Tester
60 posts
561 battles

The game where almost everyone minds their own thing and nobody else. I always try to contribute the flag capture by taking flanks around the islands, yet I get salvo'd immediately because everyone's camping their ships at the far edge of the map in hopes of getting kills. I think people prioritize sinking their enemies more and leaving the objective as a last resort of winning.

I wouldn't mind having a higher increase in exp gain for capping enemy points, if it helps people to actually push for something. (Suggestion) IN FACT, why not if you're within the radius of the point, maybe like you get twice the exp points if you happen to sink or get hits on the enemy ship? Might ACTUALLY make people go for capping more as it is more rewarding than just camping elsewhere.

Edited by Ibueki

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yeah, I agree that current exp mechanics should be balanced out. Base capture/capture assists/base defense, as well as shooting down planes, all don't seem to reward a lot of exp. IMO, they should be rewarding a lot more exp than dealing damage given how situational some of these ribbons can be. That would encourage people to actually be mindful of objectives instead of singlemindedly pursuing damage and kills.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

IMO the problem with increasing XP for capping is what happens (and there is already a rage thread about this) when you have a large map with an single cap zone (e.g. Islands of Bugs encounter) - BB spawn so far away they physically can't get to the cap (even if that's all they do is steam straight at it) if your team has DD/CL that race for it.

I do agree with increasing the XP for doing the "team things" like anti-air support marginally .