Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gesterbein

Historical Commander

10 comments in this topic

[LGND]
569 posts
13,714 battles

why Historical Commander with price 1500 dobloon in armory doesnt have improved skill ? :Smile_amazed:
meanwhile fictional commander like <whats> Rong, <something something> Doe, <whatever> von Jutland, <tea party> Dunkirk got improved skill....
its just waste 1500 dobloon if they dont have improved skill tho....

Historical.jpg

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles

They are pricey cosmetic stuffs.

John Doe was actually Steven Seagal, and originally released when WG had a collab with him. He also had unique voiceover, kind of like HSF or AL captains.  But his scandal broke the contract, and WG "removed" anything related to him except the ad video (his image got replaced, he got renamed, and his voiceover got removed).

As for the others, only RNG knows why.

• Cool 1

[LGND]
569 posts
13,714 battles
17 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

They are pricey cosmetic stuffs.

John Doe was actually Steven Seagal, and originally released when WG had a collab with him. He also had unique voiceover, kind of like HSF or AL captains.  But his scandal broke the contract, and WG "removed" anything related to him except the ad video (his image got replaced, he got renamed, and his voiceover got removed).

As for the others, only RNG knows why.

i know about john doe thing and seagal scandal, but if they just cosmetic thats mean its just waste  doubloon tho buy them ....
right now IJN need more Unique commander, if ijuin got improved skill i'm gladly to buy him since IJN lack unique commander..... :Smile_sad:

Edited by Gesterbein

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles
1 minute ago, Gesterbein said:

right now IJN need more Unique commander, if ijuin got improved skill i'm gladly to buy him since IJN lack unique commander..... :Smile_sad:

Agree. But those Gopniks are probably still salty over what happened at Tsushima. And that's probably why WG has yet to add Togo Heihachiro into the game, he was the guy that kicked their afts back to the mainland:Smile_trollface:

There are so many historical commanders that can be added into the game tbh. I'm sure a lot of players would be willing to pay for the real ones, even at doubled price as long as they get decent perks.

• Cool 1

5,702 posts
9,513 battles

Seems stupid and greedy. IS stupid and greedy.

There are/were also 10 pointers available for 4 mil cred each that came with the post-apoc event. Don't know if they are still available.

22 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I'm glad that they replaced Seagal with standard American captain. His lines are the worst, uninspiring and emotionless.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,892 posts
8,769 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Who is John Doe? Only Steven Seagal is worthy of captaining my Big Mo.

I don't even think he still appears on  the deck of the Misery doing karate kicks?

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles
26 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Who is John Doe? Only Steven Seagal is worthy of captaining my Big Mo.

That's the laziest naming idea WG came up with. I mean it is a placeholder name for the unidentified male dead bodies.

I'd rather name him Casey Ryback because the whole collab was based on his role in Under Siege.

1,596 posts
7,995 battles
7 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

That's the laziest naming idea WG came up with. I mean it is a placeholder name for the unidentified male dead bodies.

I'd rather name him Casey Ryback because the whole collab was based on his role in Under Siege.

I agree with that. At least the German and British special captains'names have some connection with some respective major naval events... though AFAIK the Germans call the Battle of Jutland as Battle of the Skagerrak after that strait.

Also I have heard that the protrait of Jack Dunkirk is actually based on William Tennant, also known for commanding HMS Repulse in her last sortie besides organizing the Dunkirk Evacuation.

Besides may someone give a brief introduction about what scandal has happened that broke the collab contract?

5,702 posts
9,513 battles
2 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Besides may someone give a brief introduction about what scandal has happened that broke the collab contract?

Steven Sea-gal has been accused of sexual misconducts (harassment and assaults) for about 2 decades. Don't know exactly what happened in 2018, but WG ended their colab with him.

Edited by Paladinum

Sign in to follow this