Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puggsley

MM Changes

5 comments in this topic

[BONED]
785 posts
9,720 battles

Hey all, happy New Year.

Had my first game in about a month this morning in a T9 DD. 

Noticed it took forever to get a game, but the queue indicated 3 DDs in queue, I was the fourth. 

MM ground on, trying to get a game, with 60 people in queue, including now 10 DD. 

A game was found, and the DD queue dropped down to 4 but I did not get a game. It went back up to 7 and another game was formed. On and on it went, with 4 games being formed before I finally got a game after 4 min and 38 seconds.

Previously I felt that it seemed to work on a first come first served basis as far as the queue went. 

Has there been a change? And suddenly after reading the CN_70 post all the comments ingame make sense.

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

MM was trying to uptier you but couldn't find enough T10s for you. The rest are all T7s. >_>

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,699 battles
24 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

Has there been a change?

Actually yes after the so-called MM fix for T8 ships. Now the MM limits anyone's chance to be bottom tier to only 40% which of course leads to the prolonged queue time. However this fix seems to work only for T8 ships. T7 ships get shafted a lot as the result.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
21 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Actually yes after the so-called MM fix for T8 ships. Now the MM limits anyone's chance to be bottom tier to only 40% which of course leads to the prolonged queue time. However this fix seems to work only for T8 ships. T7 ships get shafted a lot as the result.

This is not so surprising given that a similar fix was applied to T10 CV MM.... then T8 got shafted. Then T8 got protection, then T6 got shafted. You get the point. 

This is treating the symptom, not the disease, and as I mentioned in another thread, we should be glad that wg is not the healthcare business; otherwise we'd get amputations for a simple fungal infection. wg apologists will always beg to differ.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this