Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reinhard_of_Avercland

Go-reeee-zia

9 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles

So I have decided to take this ship for some rounds (actually a lot enough to get Furious from the combat mission). And I have found few uninteresting info in addition to my initial verdict about this ship.

+ Gorizia's smoke cooldown is shorter than Zara's.

+ 6 KM hydro (basically high tier German hydro)

- Gorizia's gun reload is longer than Zara's.

- Unlike Zara, Gorizia cannot choose between fighter or spotter plane, only has the latter.

And I'm not sure if this ship is viable in the current random meta, especially if the MM decides to troll you by putting this ship in the T7-9 battles. For Narai, the lack of torps makes quite a setback, especially with the horribly long gun reload time.

shot-20_01.05_13_53.49-0727.thumb.jpg.e245b21d326a3eaef169ff7a1abc46a2.jpgshot-20_01.05_13_53.58-0205.thumb.jpg.e528ae4a4cddb0572a4647272e6dfdd1.jpg

Apparently Helena is a better choice for the all-gun cruiser. The enemy Missouri needs to be avoided at all costs, and this ship can neither deal with the enemy transport ships, nor the Lexington alone (get at least one ship to help you on either tasks). And lastly, SAP does not work against the forts. Switch to AP or leave them for the other non-pasta tech tree ships.

Edited by Sir_Feather
I forgot one bit

[LBAS]
2,062 posts
3,738 battles

Hoollyy 6km radar at T7? That is basically short range radar...

Btw nice review not gonna like the long reload

• Cool 1

1,594 posts
7,984 battles

She works but that's that. Nothing spectacular. German 6-km Hydro is nice to have, though she suffers a number of other nerfs here and there including a tad longer reload and she can out-turn her turrents due to being a little faster than Zara as well as an even weaker AA suite without Catapult fighters.

Though historically speaking she is the most sturdy Italian heavy cruiser that stubbornly refused to go down even after being attacked by limpet mines from Allied frogmen in 1944, and remained above the surface of the sea in April 1945 when the Allies liberated La Spezia. Back in at least 2018 I have seen proposals in NA Forums that propose a premium Gorizia should be added to the game in honor of her history.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,231 posts
14,200 battles

Hmmm. Doesn’t sound like I’d use Goritzia much for grinding Narai then.

Not that I have her yet, I’m on directive 3 with 3 missions done, but progress stalled Tuesday last week when an inner ear infection gave me a devastating strike which has left me in drydock since then.

Anyway, I’ll probably still manage to unlock her in the next week, but priorities certainly change when RL happens.

As far as captain grinding, probably better to kick my regular Narai ship captains (Nelson, Sharnhorst, DoY, Atlanta & Flint, Belfast) up to 19pt and just farm Elite captain experience.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,728 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Hmmm. Doesn’t sound like I’d use Goritzia much for grinding Narai then.

Well everyone has different preferences.

But I have compared her performance in Narai with the other T7 heavy cruisers like Indianapolis, Myoko, and Algerie. Then I figured out Gorizia is at the bottom of the ranks. A small reload buff could probably be able to fix that. Her survivability is a mix of Indianapolis' citadel protection & Myoko's stock hp pool which is not too bad.

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles

Abruzzi better than Gorizia, even the old PepsiCola some how better

Its a cheap product and less interesting, could be the worst among Premium and Tech tree :Smile_child:

[TLS]
4,858 posts
21,287 battles

Poor RoF is a big liability in ops. It means you have to have perfect shots lined up each time. Plus the SAP is a liability in that you require the bots to show you broadside. The only ships that show broadside if you position yourself in a safe decent position:
Dugay/Clemson/Wyoming at start. These three easily eliminated.
Emerald.
Dallas if you go early to hit CV. Emile and Emerald briefly show broadside and ONLY IF you go early to hit the CV and position yourself in a good spot.
Phoenix shows broadside but your RoF means you are at a disadvantage if you don't wipe it out quick. 

And this is where your life gets miserable. All the incoming forces come in bow on where your SAP/AP are next to useless. Unless you push hard in which then you become Public Enemy #1. 

The one time where I performed Zara well is when I was extremely aggressive and pushing in fast. If you use it as a "sit back and pelt from range ship" well, sorry, you are going to perform badly. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this