Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

2020 target - no more than 1 CV in game

7 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,744 battles

Personally I’m ok with 1 CV games. It allows some good strategic play variations vs no CV. However 2 CV is just too much that seriously disrupts game play. Why can’t we make it a rule that only 1 CV is allowed? In many games there is no CV so I don’t feel overpopulation is an issue.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,738 battles

Where is the pool? Everyone suggest 1 CV each game....

What is the point' of CV rework if the RTS multi squadron still exist..... Yesterday i see Enterprise and Shokaku cross torp Tirpitz like cordinated attack

And me? Rooocckkeet and Rocket keep coming

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles

Well the main goal of CV rework was to repopulate the CV players when it was apparently justifiable enough to ignore AA build for ships at T8-10. Limiting their numbers would defeat the whole purpose. But with subs are around the corner, WG might do that anyways.

Incoming cross-torping from 2 subs or even more if WG has no plan to limit their numbers:Smile_trollface:

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,253 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Well the main goal of CV rework was to repopulate the CV players when it was apparently justifiable enough to ignore AA build for ships at T8-10. Limiting their numbers would defeat the whole purpose. But with subs are around the corner, WG might do that anyways.

Repopulate? I though it was skill gap? The good/bad news is that 'repopulating cvs' has created salty playeres. I for one have toned down my CV play. I guess that is "repopulating"? CVs no longer have the return on effort that it used to. Have to play so hard for meagre returns. Previously in ops, I could consistently top the scoreboard with a CV when I put effort into it. Now, topping the scoreboard depends if half the team are potatoes and I put effort into it.

[SMOKE]
2,473 posts
17,954 battles

Same logic apply to number of radars and BB, Super Cruiser, and likely Sub in future they should had hard limit also

Edited by Mechfori

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,495 posts
11,841 battles

CV numbers are already limited to two with a hard cap of three, except for T10 which is limited to one with a hard cap of two. 

The problem with reducing the cap further is that you need to accommodate all the CV players in the queue.  If the cap means that there are less CV's that are able to be assigned a battle than there are in the queue, the CV queue times tend to infinity.  If a CV is queued for five minutes because of this then the match maker will create an MM dump, and this ignores rules like ship caps, tier matching, and class matching.  This generally makes for an extremely unbalanced battle that is fun for nobody. 

Too many MM dumps is unacceptable, and players consistently being the queue for excessive periods is completely against WG's aims for the match maker - they do not like this at all.

Basically, it can't be done unless the CV population drops, at which point it can be done and would effectively act as a damper to smooth out the numbers.  With current populations it's not possible though.

[BLESS]
1,445 posts
12,740 battles

0x0, 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 CV games are all very different from each other. You have to change your playstyle to match.

2x2 means any isolated ship can be focused and taken out. That's the whole point: don't run off by yourself. Your tactics change depending on the MM. Who knew?

3x3 is a T4 novelty game mode. It's a bit overkill, but I think WG keeps it around for educational purposes. Drill the basic training of how to survive against CVs into people - cause you can bet 70% of the surface ships at that tier won't know which ships on their team have the best AA or how to take advantage of it, and if you don't force people to figure it out there they'll bumble on to T6-8 without ever making the effort to learn.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this