You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

Free XP Boat

19 comments in this topic

[G_R]
422 posts
20,070 battles

Anybody got any idea what the next free xp ship is likely to be ?

I am really hanging out for the German ships.... or Commonwealth

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,414 battles

Have to be the Siegfried T9 German battlecruiser wouldn't it? Been a long time with no updates. Must be close to being released surely :Smile_unsure:

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
15 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Have to be the Siegfried T9 German battlecruiser wouldn't it? Been a long time with no updates. Must be close to being released surely :Smile_unsure:

Siegfried is finalized to be Coal, Hayate is FXP. at the cost of half a million.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[G_R]
422 posts
20,070 battles
11 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Siegfried is finalized to be Coal, Hayate is FXP. at the cost of half a million.

Half a Million ?? you sure sounds a bit cheap for WG

5,645 posts
9,428 battles
1 minute ago, Grimnar42 said:

No source, no confirmation whatsoever. Don't believe that...

Edited by Paladinum

5,645 posts
9,428 battles
34 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

*tinfoil hat is on*

Maybe they're making a new Sieg with those 305 turrets from Odin, which is more appropriate for her type (super cruiser).

I hope. Don't believe me, I have tinfoil hat on.

First Commonwealth FXP maybe a T7, like Nelson, if she's not a DD. Unless you want a paper/hypothetical design, which is totally fine by WG.

Edited by Paladinum

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,414 battles

Missouri and Musashi were 750k free xp, but those days are long gone.

WG said that those ships were too cheap and that's why all free xp ships at T9 are 1 Mill free xp now. Any new free xp ships at T9 will start at 1 mill free xp :Smile_coin:

[SPCTH]
390 posts
10,266 battles

German Cruiser............. i think will be trash. Played against it many times and was pretty shocking. Big cruiser, not enough guns, although accurate and strong, your focus fire by every BB and CA in range the moment your exposed. Unless they buff it dramatically i cant see dropping resources into another below par German ship like the rest of them. Germans have nothing at the moment. Hopefully im wrong and WG makes it a strong ship maybe close to the Stalingrad or Kremlin........ somewhere in the middle would be nice.

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
1 hour ago, Grimnar42 said:

Hayate idk, she could be 950k FXP unless

As for Siegfried, she's coal, not to mention her price gonna be the same as Georgia.

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,225 battles
43 minutes ago, AxEyBoI said:

Hopefully im wrong and WG makes it a strong ship maybe close to the Stalingrad or Kremlin

Make a superior German ship? Hahaha. Vladimir Putin has better chances of becoming the next American President than a superior German ship happening.

• Funny 3

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

6 months old review, but it's a tier 7 Gneisenau.... at tier 9.

3x2 main guns...22 seconds reload. That's very long for a cruiser, and very short for a BB.

Notser loves it.

The big question is, can an average or below average player make the same credits in it as a Musashi or JB, Missouri etc??.

[LBAS]
110 posts
7,393 battles
2 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

The big question is, can an average or below average player make the same credits in it as a Musashi or JB, Missouri etc??.

I can answer part of that question, no way it will print credits like Missouri.  No other ship in the game prints credits like Missouri and that is the reason the only way to get it is through a santa crate.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,005 posts
13,620 battles
2 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

I doubt it. Musashi has the "ultra big" guns while JB has reload booster to crank up their damage counter. And Missouri has the best credit modifier. However Siegfried's closest counterpart is Georgia, so it might depend on how good the player is with Georgia.

5,645 posts
9,428 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

However Siegfried's closest counterpart is Gneisenau, so it might depend on how good the player is with Gneisenau.

There fixed it :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
2,468 posts
17,872 battles

The problem with the next FXP ship well if its not as good as thr previous one they will be seen as yoo expensive and they are looking so already but if its as good its likely to ruin the game balance which is pretty ruined already at high tiers by all the so call balanced premiums

Hayate no not even from this DD main the yard stick here is all the old and current FXP / Steel /Coal ships now if they are so much potential and kind of OP then the next one even a DD must be able to be the same; spec so to even worth the asking price ... Seriously if WG want us to part with our FXP they should offer more ships not needing to be OP but need to give worthy alternate or specialized gameplay and offer them in more reasonable price. Mushashi ; Alaska was welcomed because they offer that and might be even a bit extra ... the other current one and might be the future one well they do not seems so ( exlude Nelson of course and its mot high tier anyway )

Edited by Mechfori

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,492 posts
11,820 battles

Siegfried is apparently frozen atm, she tested a bit OP and they have yet to rebalance it.  I would suggest they haven't come up with a good way to nerf it, so it's in a development hole for the foreseeable future.  Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

The only guaranteed upcoming free XP boat atm is Hayate, T10 IJN DD, a bit underpowered unfortunately, no cost assigned as yet but my personal estimate is 1.5m FXP.

5,645 posts
9,428 battles

I really need to tell WG to stop adding more super cruisers and add more heavy cruisers for FXP and Coal/Steel. You know, the kind of cruisers whose main guns are 203 mm. Salem is the only one of her kind with these criteria.

The resource section of the Arsenal is filled with HE spammers, biggun boats and loliboats. Heavy cruisers exist too, WG. And even more real than those 305/310 gunships.

Oregon City? Clone Mogami (203)/Ibuki? Clone Saint-Louis? Buffalo w/ torps, like back in 2016? Clone Roon but AB-X?

[SMOKE]
2,468 posts
17,872 battles

There is practically no real CL with 150/252/155 mm guns either ; Mainz suppose to had the 155 guns but the saying is that they would put CL armor on a CA sized ship that ssil like a CA; not going to bode well with anyone.

And their DD offering simply signal how they fail in re spec and balance a whole class of ships let alone one with so diverse play nd play style