You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

Wow Forum becoming like WOT forum?

23 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought the whole point of the forums is that so players and moderators and discuss on how to develop the game and make it better. Instead when i read threads or post them " ususally on how the dd's have been ruined and need to be buffed" hehehe. All you find is bickering between players. Either calling you names. The other day i was called Adam saidor. Most of the times people get told that they are not proper players and should try play better.

I have had games in my american dd's where i have killed 3 ships. Yet i am told i am not proper american dd captain for complaining about the torpedoes. I only do because all the dd's at a whole at some point where nerfed and the torps can be detected way to early this has ruined em. So I come on the forums and try convince the moderators or whoever to voice player concerns to the devs, instead you just get trolled by people who feel better and tough.

Perhaps i should just keep quiet leave the forums and make tickets instead or just play the game and forget about voicing concerns. 

It seems that the forums have become a place for the keyboard warrior mentality. I hope they do not get as bad as the WOT forums.

Safe sailing.

Super Tester
218 posts
2,157 battles

I agree, the game is in Beta and balance is been worked on, all opinions should be encouraged and people shouldn't be told to "Learn to Play"

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

In your other thread, you referred to BB and CVs as 'scum'.

If that's not parroting WoT forums, I don't know what is.

Did you call them that to make yourself feel 'better and tough'?

I agree with the theme of this thread, and we should all get on nicely with one another, in order to have a peaceful battle ground.

Beta Tester
15 posts

In game is already as shitty as WoT, Sadly its the kind of player base Wargaming is attracting. Needs to be fixed and the game might be better.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

What you are experiencing is what us older people like to call, growing up and maturating.

Where we were once like that, we had grown up to what we are today, the other players, male female, robot, scare-crow, are all going through "their" time; the forums seem to have a different quality of players I have seen, compared to ingame, most of the ingame people I have played with I would assume are either late teens, but mentally havnt gone past dipers the way they complain, rather then work out what they did wrong or how they could of done things differently; heck, I got chewed out when I navigated my BB past 4 lots of torps, and only one hit me, I told them because I could see where their planes came from, and headded straight for them, then turned 1/2 waited for their back forward maneuver then turn full the other-way all while slowing to a reverse.

Im waiting for the other team to complain about me telling them "Ramming speed" and ram them (I die along with them by the time I get to them, but still comical)

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

What you are experiencing is what us older people like to call, growing up and maturating.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, I've seen many people who claim to be really "successful" in life, but carry on like the stereotypes you just wrote about.

Beta Tester
66 posts

People who have to say they are successful as an anonymous internet personality are most likely not successful.

People who are truely successful and have achieved great things do not need to tell people about it. If you need to justify things to people on the internet you are not content with yourself.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Lols, I didn't say successful, I was just saying growing up and maturating, just because one is "successful" wouldn't put them in line of growing up oh no, not at all.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Lols, I didn't say successful, I was just saying growing up and maturating, just because one is "successful" wouldn't put them in line of growing up oh no, not at all.

That's not exactly what I was referring to, I was trying to say that not everyone who talks shit in-game is a teen with the mental aptitude of a toddler, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

At least even with all those negativity on the forums, WG forums are still a ton better than what other SEA games have... those MMORPGs/P2W games basically are littered with players who have more $$ than the common players and consider themselves gods of the game or think they are above everyone else with their so called "gaming skill".

Plus the mods here are quite fast, so fast. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Plus the mods here are quite fast, so fast. :hiding:

It's just some Experienced Modder from Previous WG game

Kancolle only aired few months ago

and here they are!!:D

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

You cannot control what others type from the anonymous safety of their internet connection.

You CAN control what you type and what you intend the outcome to be.

My advice to all is to stop and conduct the "mum or 60 minutes test" on what you are going to write.

I.E.  Would you say that to your mother's face?  

Could you live with the public naming and shaming that the tabloid "current affairs" TV shows bring about?

How would you react if you were on the other end of what you are typing?

Draft, stop, think, draft again then if it is still necessary to say anything, hit the post button.

If more did this the mod team would be happier as we would have a lot less to do.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

In your other thread, you referred to BB and CVs as 'scum'.

If that's not parroting WoT forums, I don't know what is.

Did you call them that to make yourself feel 'better and tough'?

I agree with the theme of this thread, and we should all get on nicely with one another, in order to have a peaceful battle ground.

I referred to them as scum because they always blame us DD's I have a screen shot of another player calling me a noob and turd and what not because he died in his BB the first 4 minutes of game i was on the other side of map in my mahan, I went on to kill 2 ships on full health and win the game. It seems everyone blames us DD's when its the BB guys who hide all the time despite their armor and secondary armament. They even complain that they want a damage buff! I am like common you can salvo everything and you want a buff?

On top of that us DD' players have been victim to a crazy nerf our torpedoes are useless. When WOW was in Alpha they worked perfectly now they get dodged all the time if we get close to ensure hits we die. Then get blamed! Wouldn't that piss you off? 

Edited by adampurkis

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I referred to them as scum because they always blame us DD's I have a screen shot of another player calling me a noob and turd and what not because he died in his BB the first 4 minutes of game i was on the other side of map in my mahan, I went on to kill 2 ships on full health and win the game. It seems everyone blames us DD's when its the BB guys who hide all the time despite their armor and secondary armament. They even complain that they want a damage buff! I am like common you can salvo everything and you want a buff?

On top of that us DD' players have been victim to a crazy nerf our torpedoes are useless. When WOW was in Alpha they worked perfectly now they get dodged all the time if we get close to ensure hits we die. Then get blamed! Wouldn't that piss you off? 

From what I heard from multiple respected Alpha testers, DDs in Alpha are quite overpowered. I think the current build is TBH quite fine as it is, although any buff will make me happy.

And DD and CV are not "Scum", it's the problem with the playerbase, not ALL the CV and BB players are scum.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
58 posts
676 battles

After CBT im imagining most players answer as follows "L2P" and also constant complaining of OP ships while the only respond they get is L2P:(

Don't worry about those BB players but i still don't get it why complain even though they are the ones how are stupid i play BB the most and im on the fuso the only things that makes me angry are manual torpedoe bomber CV players and scared BB players that go to the edge of the map:angry:
Edited by tanker_marksman_2014

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

With regards to OP, I've noticed that he's voiced a lot of concerns about the game. That's fine. That's what the forums are for.

However, when voicing concerns for discussion, people ought to be prepared for disagreement. That's what discussion entails, disagreeing, bringing out facts or anecdotes or observations and then putting all of that out there in the forum for people to peruse, get information, then draw their own conclusions. A circlejerk hugbox where everyone agrees with each other isn't a good discussion.

Beta Tester
58 posts
676 battles

With regards to OP, I've noticed that he's voiced a lot of concerns about the game. That's fine. That's what the forums are for.

However, when voicing concerns for discussion, people ought to be prepared for disagreement. That's what discussion entails, disagreeing, bringing out facts or anecdotes or observations and then putting all of that out there in the forum for people to peruse, get information, then draw their own conclusions. A circlejerk hugbox where everyone agrees with each other isn't a good discussion.

But what if the you are making an argument but the one your talking to ignore everything that you say and just wants to the only one right?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

But what if the you are making an argument but the one your talking to ignore everything that you say and just wants to the only one right?

Then let them? You don't get internet points for beating people in an argument online. Just ignore them and move on.

Beta Tester
1 post
118 battles

You cannot control what others type from the anonymous safety of their internet connection.

You CAN control what you type and what you intend the outcome to be.

My advice to all is to stop and conduct the "mum or 60 minutes test" on what you are going to write.

I.E.  Would you say that to your mother's face?  

Could you live with the public naming and shaming that the tabloid "current affairs" TV shows bring about?

How would you react if you were on the other end of what you are typing?

Draft, stop, think, draft again then if it is still necessary to say anything, hit the post button.

If more did this the mod team would be happier as we would have a lot less to do.

If my mother played the way some these lemmings do, just as they have done in WoT (zerg & hide mentality), I'd tell her, just as I tell them to grow some balls and engage in the mission.   As for how would I respond?  Well I'd never be alive on a team that gets capped out with 75% of the team off hiding behind some remote island out of view distance of ANY objective.  While I have seen some stupid stuff on the NA CBT servers (such as firing torpedoes from behind a friendly),  I've never seen the majority of the team hide from the battle. WoW is a chance for SEA and Wargaming to have an engaging community both in-game and on the forum,  however if it goes the same way as WoT,  its just going to frustrate any competitive player.   Would almost like to see ships that either haven't done anything in regards to an objective (including not hit/fired at an enemy ship/aircraft) nor been hit by anything after a set time frame, that they start taking damage (20% per minute would suffice), and we'll call it sailors mutineering due to boredom.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I actually find both the WoT and WoWS forums quite respectful when compared to other forums I have had an association with.

As with life, treat others in the same way you would like to be treated and you will be generally treated well.