Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PbKavarovsky

CV emblem

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

55
[XSA]
Member
167 posts
9,139 battles

Does it still make sense to have 130K average damage in 100 matches for CV elite emblem?

Let's be real here:

DD emblem, 64K damage, do-able, especially easy with gun spamming DDs that can shoot in open water (Khabarovsk, Kleber), capable of dealing more than 70K damage on average. (Average Damage for Somers on ASIA server is 65289, highest in Tier X destroyers, higher than requirement.)

CA emblem, 95K damage, do-able, especially if you have Smolensk/Stalingrad, capable of dealing more than 100K damage on average. Henri IV also works. (Average Damage for Venezia on ASIA server is 98969, highest in Tier X cruisers, higher than requirement.)

BB emblem, 108K damage, do-able, especially if you have Conqueror, capable of dealing more than 120K damage on average. (Average Damage for Bourgogne on ASIA server is 127218, highest in Tier X battleships, higher than requirement.)

CV emblem, 130K damage. Hello? I mean, if CVs are capable of dealing more than 130K damage consistently, WarGaming would nerf them, which they already did. CVs could be OP but certainly not always, especially when the new Tier X ships have marvellous anti-air suite. If dealing 130K damage in a carrier in Tier X is OP and need to nerf, then the condition on CV elite emblem for 130K definitely makes no sense. Any thoughts other than delete CV? (Average Damage for Hakuryu on ASIA server is 94748, highest in Tier X aircraft carriers, 36K lower than requirement.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,554
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
1 hour ago, PbKavarovsky said:

Does it still make sense to have 130K average damage in 100 matches for CV elite emblem?

Let's be real here:

DD emblem, 64K damage, do-able, especially easy with gun spamming DDs that can shoot in open water (Khabarovsk, Kleber), capable of dealing more than 70K damage on average. (Average Damage for Somers on ASIA server is 65289, highest in Tier X destroyers, higher than requirement.)

CA emblem, 95K damage, do-able, especially if you have Smolensk/Stalingrad, capable of dealing more than 100K damage on average. Henri IV also works. (Average Damage for Venezia on ASIA server is 98969, highest in Tier X cruisers, higher than requirement.)

BB emblem, 108K damage, do-able, especially if you have Conqueror, capable of dealing more than 120K damage on average. (Average Damage for Bourgogne on ASIA server is 127218, highest in Tier X battleships, higher than requirement.)

CV emblem, 130K damage. Hello? I mean, if CVs are capable of dealing more than 130K damage consistently, WarGaming would nerf them, which they already did. CVs could be OP but certainly not always, especially when the new Tier X ships have marvellous anti-air suite. If dealing 130K damage in a carrier in Tier X is OP and need to nerf, then the condition on CV elite emblem for 130K definitely makes no sense. Any thoughts other than delete CV? (Average Damage for Hakuryu on ASIA server is 94748, highest in Tier X aircraft carriers, 36K lower than requirement.)

git gud

Untitled.thumb.png.6e3ef387b336249280691058b71ae94d.png

and keep in mind the only reason my hak average is so low, is that i go after CAs and DDs first, you can 100-0 a lone T10 BB in around than 5 min, that's already 100k damage 

 

 

also, the top 10% of players in CVs all have above 130k, so it's not the ships cant do it or that the ship is UP, it's just most of the player base cant play it to it's maximum potential

Untitled.thumb.png.9909e9b7be9d1b02d1c330fa2b393dd2.png

 

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[VOR]
Super Tester_
16 posts
18,794 battles

Honestly I think current "elite" emblem standard is a bit too low. It should be like this instead :

DD : 90k

CA : 110k

BB : 130k

CV : 150k

Go big or go home.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,383
[MRI]
Member
3,784 posts
16,808 battles

Forget about those silly patches.

All it does is encourage people to play selfishly and farm damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,337
[TLS]
Member
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

Forget about those silly patches.

I R like ignoring 99% of the patches. >_> The only patches I get are accidental <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,554
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
14 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

*smirk*

So much for "rework narrowing the skill gap" 

*smirk*

it did, back then a good player could shut down ther enemy CV to 20k damage a game and still get 140k damage 

 

now it;s just a farm race to see who can kill the enemy team faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[XSA]
Member
167 posts
9,139 battles
12 hours ago, drakon233 said:

git gud

I currently have 137K average damage in my Haku with 60% WR, git gud? K.

12 hours ago, drakon233 said:

you can 100-0 a lone T10 BB in around than 5 min, that's already 100k damage 

This...

12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

All it does is encourage people to play selfishly and farm damage.

...and this, is exactly why,  imo, WG should tweak the requirement for the emblem, to discourage selfish play.

12 hours ago, drakon233 said:

also, the top 10% of players in CVs all have above 130k, so it's not the ships cant do it or that the ship is UP, it's just most of the player base cant play it to it's maximum potential

This is like WG saying that: "The top x% hard core player could attain the Puerto Rico without spending any doubloons buying boosters, so it's not the missions are impossible it's just the players aren't hardcore enough."

Unless you truly believe only the best 10% CV players deserve the CV elite emblem. (or the top x% hardcore players deserve to get the PR for free)

10 hours ago, ChizuruHishiro said:

Emblem means nothing.

I consider them a part of a collection, I don't judge people with their emblems.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,554
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
3 hours ago, PbKavarovsky said:

I currently have 137K average damage in my Haku with 60% WR, git gud? K.

yes, git good. if you have above 130k then you should know just how simple it is to rack up damage numbers with CVs especially mid to late game,  anyone who says that "if CVs are capable of dealing more than 130K damage consistently, WarGaming would nerf them, which they already did." should already know more than well enough that that's not a valid argument for making the requirements lower.

you literally said yourself in your post that there are plenty of ships in the CA/DD/BB category whose server average is already higher than the badge's requirements, by that logic shouldnt ships like conq or venezia or even farming ships like kleber be OP as well and deserves a nerf?

3 hours ago, PbKavarovsky said:

This...

3 hours ago, PbKavarovsky said:

...and this, is exactly why,  imo, WG should tweak the requirement for the emblem, to discourage selfish play.

making a T10 BB go 100-0 by yourself in less than 5 min is already having massive impact to the team, if you don't consider killing the optimal targets quickly for your team to be "selfish" then boy do i have news for you...

 

 
 
 
 
2
 
 
 
 
3 hours ago, PbKavarovsky said:

This is like WG saying that: "The top x% hard core player could attain the Puerto Rico without spending any doubloons buying boosters, so it's not the missions are impossible it's just the players aren't hardcore enough."

Unless you truly believe only the best 10% CV players deserve the CV elite emblem. (or the top x% hardcore players deserve to get the PR for free)

context is completely different, PR is a tangible boon to any player which requires either massive amount of grinding or straight up opening their wallet and let the cash flow that can only be done within a certain timeset. and the difficulty of the missions isnt how skill-intensive they are, it's how grindy they are.

the badges are bragging rights which offers no actual benefit to the player, is completely skill-based, and does not have a deadline, making them accessible to only the top 25-10% of the playerbase makes the same kind of sense of the hall of fame for all the recent campaigns and missions does, bragging rights but not something you can bot your way through

so do i think that the elite badges should only be available to the top % of players? yes, the people who dont have them are missing out on nothing and it gives them a target to grind for

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
804
[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,589 battles

All Emblems don't mean jack. Its just for Show Off. Just like my Battleship Elite Emblem. I had that emblem before they nerf Conqueror.

Even CV Emblems they've achieved are nothing to some .  This is particularly when they had Odd Tier RTS CV that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[XSA]
Member
167 posts
9,139 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

 if you have above 130k then you should know just how simple it is to rack up damage numbers with CVs especially mid to late game,

That was well before the nerf, I have not been playing Tier X carriers after the nerf, cuz the current meta on AA-focused ship in Tier X is insane, and I'm sure racking up 130K is not as easy. Sure you can melt down a battleship very quickly, only if there are no 6.9km AA cruisers around, Hakuryu planes are not very durable. Not to mention that matchmaking nowadays tend to be very one-sided. Games are very short because both team are not equally competitive, not even close, and thus there is not a lot of time to farm damage. This is true even in ranked battles, which I'm really disappointed.

And yes, the Conqueror is OP if so you ask, it only looks less OP after Thunder has been released as a Freemium Tier X battleship that is even more toxic. If you compare these ships with the older one (Montana, GK), are they equally powerful? You have your say.

1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

if you don't consider killing the optimal targets quickly for your team to be "selfish" then boy do i have news for you...

If you sunk an isolated target that is out of the battlefield early and had the team eventually losing all the capture points because you ain't supporting your destroyers, I'm sure your team would not agree that you had a good team-play. You might have topped the table by damage but you failed to realize what it takes to win a battle.

1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

so do i think that the elite badges should only be available to the top % of players? yes, the people who dont have them are missing out on nothing and it gives them a target to grind for

If this is the case, they should probably raise the requirement to attain the DD, CA, and BB emblems like someone mentioned above, to make all these elite emblems equally valuable, and hard to achieve.

1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I had that emblem before they nerf Conqueror.

The Conqueror is still capable of dealing massive DoT damage after the nerf, it wasn't a big deal if you angle your ship correctly, you even benefited from the reduced cooldown of the heal. I'd say it was a buff for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
804
[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,589 battles
1 hour ago, PbKavarovsky said:

The Conqueror is still capable of dealing massive DoT damage after the nerf, it wasn't a big deal if you angle your ship correctly, you even benefited from the reduced cooldown of the heal. I'd say it was a buff for me.

Conqueror is fairly cripple already due to increasing citadel armor height near the waterline. I now have to be aware of both low HP and Citadel like i used to show broadside.

But i know that this thing is still demonic, just that ppl hate it that Weegee make it more Hit here on the side. It was once a hard to citadel like KMS BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[XSA]
Member
167 posts
9,139 battles
14 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Conqueror is fairly cripple already due to increasing citadel armor height near the waterline. I now have to be aware of both low HP and Citadel like i used to show broadside.

But i know that this thing is still demonic, just that ppl hate it that Weegee make it more Hit here on the side. It was once a hard to citadel like KMS BB.

The general rule of thumb of playing World Of Warships is do not broadside your enemies, with Conqueror’s concealment, there is no issue turning around while being concealed. With 32 mm armor, you might still take 10000 penetration damage from battleships like Yamato while angling, but the super heal compensated it. The reduced cooldown on the super heal made it even more effective to tank HE damage, as well as fire damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[MALD]
Member
443 posts
36,186 battles
On 1/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, LawrenceXVIII said:

All Emblems don't mean jack. Its just for Show Off. Just like my Battleship Elite Emblem. I had that emblem before they nerf Conqueror.

 

Hot take, Canceror is stronger than before the nerf. The citadel issue isn't a factor unless the player was one of those special cases who park broadside static.

The reduced cooldown on the most powerful heal in the game gives canceror even more of a get out of jail free card than it already had. 
Plus the CV rework meta has made high tier dds basically extinct so the canceror doesn't need to worry about getting torped for unhealable damage.

Plus the meta has moved from IFHE spam to fire starting spam (i.e. The haragumos been replaced by smolensks and frieslands. Guess which ship can recover 40k damage lost to fires per heal ?

Canceror is the strongest its ever been in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×