Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riddyck

matchmaker - the elephant in the room

5 comments in this topic

[R-R]
56 posts
22,991 battles

Its time to address that big fat elephant in the room... the broken match maker. Below is a screenshot of a recent game and as can be seen MM set up the other team as nothing but mere cannon fodder for my team. Under NO possible scenario can this be percieved as balanced and this type of MM imbalanced crops up on an average ratio of 1:3 games. Now ok sometimes your on the good team sometimes the bad so you can think it evens out but fundamentally these types of MM just shouldnt be occuring so as a New Years Resolution can we PLEASE get WG to address the MM algorithm issues and provide us with a more fair and balanced MM system.

ps... as a side note once my team realised just how imbalanced the teams were we actually backed off somewhat to allow the enemy a chance to rack up some points so cudos to the players and clans that were represented on my team for their sense of fair play and sportsmanship

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

shot-19.12.31_21.28.29-0909.jpg

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

This has been repeatedly been brought up and I for one am one of the foremost proponents of getting MM fixed to account for skills, ie. ratings/skill-based MM. But apparently cosmetic software changes like the login screen are more important. And fail season events. And more gimmicky ships.

• Funny 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
10,296 battles

PLayed 10 games today and in these games here 3 of my games i won 1 of them and lost 2 but the entire team got 0 kills............................ zero. How can this be allowed to happen....... how.  Its like they went solo and died , but outplayed by much a superior side that when i checked the stats of the players and there battles it was like a team  with a battle count of 15k vs 40k and win rate was averaging 45% vs 51%..........................does not feel random

Edited by AxEyBoI

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,682 posts
5,758 battles

A player with 19 point skills will heavily outweigh his MM equal with 4 skills, yet MM doesn't calculate this.

Now imagine 1 team with 6 19 skill players and other team gets 0 players with 19 skills...

Also imagine 1 team in tier 10 with 5 free to players (who play cautiously and carefully to avoid credit costs) verus other team with all premium account players.

MM also does not calculate this.

This has become a MAJOR problem for WG, so in WoT we now see crew books for instant crew skill boosts.

This will not rebalance the problem though.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this