Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EliteBrekkieRoll

why is it called ranked battle

4 comments in this topic

19 posts

well to my knowledge rank is too see how good  you are i would assume like the Olympics. Soo how can you do that with opposite ship affinity. To me that just stupid,making destroyers go up against carriers(but [content removed] carriers in general you might as well just quit) and battleship against destroyers and cruisers against battleships is  like counter intuitive and this does not account for balancing, i mean you can just yolo in a Tirpitz and you would be fine most of the time. 

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

[HIT]
153 posts
5,108 battles

It's a fun game mode. It's not meant to be taken seriously hence the crap rewards. 

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles

Well, it’s called ranked because it’s using similar systems to the past official ranked “seasons”, though this isn’t counted as an official season, hence the “sprint”.

Its largely a case of keeping the old name while the format is changed just enough that it no longer fits the original meaning.

In normal ranked, you have two teams (7v7 or 8v8, it changes) against each other. If you win, you get a star and move up ranks, if you lose, lose a star (although if you are top scorer of losing team you keep your star). So in normal ranked, it ranks your ability to a) carry a team, and b) be top scorer in every battle.

In comparison, this ranked sprint doesn’t really match up as you can’t lose stars, it’s less of ranking yourself against others, and more pitting your wills against other players.

Matches are not always so straightforward, and having an ship type advantage does not ensure victory.

Its a duel where you have to use every ship advantage you have, mitigate your weaknesses, and exploit the enemies weaknesses, if it’s an unfair matchup, so much the better you feel when you overcome. And since you don’t lose anything if you lose, you can just try again and hope for better matchmaking.

Overall, this new mode has been very fun and interesting.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this