Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Project45_Opytny

How to Moskva and about Mogami

5 comments in this topic

1,587 posts
7,963 battles

After about half a month of credit grinding I have decided to add Project 66 Moskva to my inventory. However soon I found out that she handles vastly different from even Donskoi, and I have been badly mauled by flanking battleships, AP dive bombers and torpedo bombers. I could have done better even with my familiar Donskoi fail-dived into T10 games. Shchors and Chapayev turn like trucks, Donskoi turns like an overloaded double decker, however she is still able to use the conventional wiggling method, while Moskva seems to turn like a tramcar.

So how should one properly build Moskva? Should I try the Aggressive build of double-rudder or engine mod-rudder? And how about using this build on Hindenburg?

Also under the current meta should one skip Mogami? The viability of 15.8-km range in T8 games is questionable I think, and I have experience of playing Japanese higher-tier cruisers in T8~10 games back in Kongzhong's server.

[MRI]
3,787 posts
16,849 battles
3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

After about half a month of credit grinding I have decided to add Project 66 Moskva to my inventory. However soon I found out that she handles vastly different from even Donskoi, and I have been badly mauled by flanking battleships, AP dive bombers and torpedo bombers. I could have done better even with my familiar Donskoi fail-dived into T10 games. Shchors and Chapayev turn like trucks, Donskoi turns like an overloaded double decker, however she is still able to use the conventional wiggling method, while Moskva seems to turn like a tramcar. 

Moskva doesn't have the nickname of Battleship Moskva for nothing. She plays nothing like her predecessors. You basically slide up to an island and bow tank all day as though you are a battleship. If you angle right you can bounce almost all BB AP. Just don't expose your sides to enemy BBs. Despite her nickname she is still a cruiser. When bow tanking the real threat are AP dive bombers. I recommend taking DFAA on her, as her AA is actually pretty good. Not on Des Moine or Minotaur levels though, but still good.

3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Also under the current meta should one skip Mogami? The viability of 15.8-km range in T8 games is questionable I think, and I have experience of playing Japanese higher-tier cruisers in T8~10 games back in Kongzhong's server. 

You can try the 155mm guns on the Mogami. It is a pretty nice change of pace from all the 203mm guns you have been using since T5.

I don't recommend skipping ships unless you really, really hate it. Imo skipping ships is a waste of free xp.At the very least free xp the upgraded modules and play the rest of the way. But it is up to you.

Edited by Thyaliad

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
5 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Also under the current meta should one skip Mogami?

The only IJN cruiser with the option to switch gun sizes? I stopped the IJN cruiser line at Mogami.

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles

Moskva is battlecruiser

and Mogami, I dont choose 203 because next step will be  203 too

[SMOKE]
2,488 posts
18,023 battles

Mogami would be my next IJN Cruiser but it had to wait till I rind through to a bunch of T10 ( so I can get the Legendary Mission before Feb ) and my decision had long been made 155mm , it would be fun to finally get to play a high tier hybrid Cruiser ( still wanting Mainz to be properly armored though ) ; Hybrid Cruiser had proven to be fun and engaging ; Salem with its short range Radar ; Smolensk and Colbert being CL with DD guns ; and of course all those Super Cruisers , Moskva included .. they just are no longer the typical CRUISER so to speak .. one had to sail it and play it on its own term and its own way. But seriously WG need to hard categorixe these Super Cruiser and Super Light Cruiser apart from just Cruiser and CA apart from Cl and MM accordingly , right now the MM is all too mashed with all of them as one

Sign in to follow this