Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Don72

How Easy is T8 Ranked 1v1?

4 comments in this topic

[HIT]
153 posts
5,108 battles

I'm a solid 48% pleb, and watched Flamu's vid on Tirpitz so decided to give it a go using his build. Ranked out in 43 games (36 wins and 7 losses).

Some of the deaths were me being too casual (charging Asashio in smoke lol) and 2 against Graf Zeppelin were impossible to do anything about.

If a 48% scrub like me can do it, then it really is very easy, however this has also been the most fun I've had in WOWs in the three years I've been playing. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it (except vs GZ...)

I hope WOWs keeps up the 1v1 concept with keeping each rank as well - great idea. Thanks WG 🙂

image.png.3ad3b4179eab308d868e698fd203f9f2.png

• Cool 2

1,587 posts
7,933 battles

I have also managed to rank out during the second night of the Ranked Sprint season. Though as I have none of the recommended ships like Tirpitz, Bismarck, Massachusetts or Prinz Eugen, I have to grind with Charles Martel, and later, Admiral Hipper with regular build for randoms since I think it is a waste to re-spec the captains (I haven't got a 19-pointer yet then) for such an event.

Without heal it is very hard to counter battleships and carriers, and I have to admit I effectively gave up most of the instances I met such opponents (though Hipper do perform better when fighting against battleships). However, with a game usually finishes in 3 minutes, one can simply engage in a chain of battles, and since no stars would be lost this time, you will advance as long as you have ever won no matter how many losses you have experienced. Chances are much better when fighting against enemy cruisers, turn on hydro, dodge torps and torp the enemy or bombard the juicy broadsides (bar Hipper and Eugen).

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,699 battles

I only played Edinburgh & Bismarck up to Rank 1. Edinburgh because I expected a lot of smoke DD plebs, then switched to Bismarck when I figured out BBs were more common. The only ships that bested me were Enterprice (once), Graf Zeppelin (twice), and Le Fantasque (5 times). Manual Secondary on Bismarck could not hit that Frenchy boi.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
13 hours ago, Don72 said:

I'm a solid 48% pleb, and watched Flamu's vid on Tirpitz so decided to give it a go using his build. Ranked out in 43 games (36 wins and 7 losses).

Some of the deaths were me being too casual (charging Asashio in smoke lol) and 2 against Graf Zeppelin were impossible to do anything about.

If a 48% scrub like me can do it, then it really is very easy, however this has also been the most fun I've had in WOWs in the three years I've been playing. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it (except vs GZ...)

I hope WOWs keeps up the 1v1 concept with keeping each rank as well - great idea. Thanks WG 🙂

image.png.3ad3b4179eab308d868e698fd203f9f2.png

tenor.gif?itemid=12425340

Sign in to follow this