Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
da189

cv should not in rank battle

13 comments in this topic

[XSA]
439 posts
15,603 battles

how can win cv especially using bb in rank battle?  cv just hide behind island and keep sending plane

Edited by da189

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,225 battles

Well, we know how well wg listens to the sane suggestions that the sane among us make: never listen.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,005 posts
13,619 battles

Cap fast & turn away from the CV but close enough to defend cap. Use everything AA-related stuffs & premium fighters (so no you can't use Richelieu).

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[MRI]
3,780 posts
16,727 battles

That's weird. From what I have heard on NA and Reddit, all CVs except Enterprise have been getting utterly wrecked in this 1v1 format.

They can't rotate planes fast enough to prevent capping and the points increase so fast they can't kill you in time before the game ends by points.

• Funny 1

[XSA]
439 posts
15,603 battles
50 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Cap fast & turn away from the CV but close enough to defend cap. Use everything AA-related stuffs & premium fighters (so no you can't use Richelieu).

Cap is useless.  

43 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

That's weird. From what I have heard on NA and Reddit, all CVs except Enterprise have been getting utterly wrecked in this 1v1 format.

They can't rotate planes fast enough to prevent capping and the points increase so fast they can't kill you in time before the game ends by points.

No, CV rotate planes very fast that just simply hide behind the island and keep sending dive and torp bombers.

1653590599_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_12.30-19_42_09.thumb.jpg.58d76567e28fb71921e38a8a943d1295.jpg

551332120_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_12.30-19_43_54.thumb.jpg.9db5b4dc38f5049af8397a54123f90af.jpg

[XSA]
439 posts
15,603 battles
54 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Not only rotate planes fast but also have complete squadron.

Really don't understand why WG allows solo CV Vs BB.

Edited by da189

[1AN-E]
27 posts
3,866 battles

every single match i verse a CV, they just dumpster me, and i stand no chance, CV is completely busted in this mode

[HIT]
153 posts
5,108 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Someone obviously hasn't tried playing ranked sprint then lol. It doesn't matter what you do, you are toast, especially against GZ.

[HIT]
153 posts
5,108 battles
2 hours ago, MrHumpty_Dumpty said:

every single match i verse a CV, they just dumpster me, and i stand no chance, CV is completely busted in this mode

While I had the exact same experience as you, of my 43 battles, only 2 were vs carriers and both times it was a GZ. They wrecked me hard, but the games are so short so it doesn't really matter. I did all my games in Tirpitz, so it was sort of like karma really, as I faced a lot of cruisers and they just got blapped every time vs Tirpitz 🙂

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,492 posts
11,818 battles

Sail straight into the caps, and stay alive long enough to win on points before you die.  Use fighters, sector, maneuvre (after you've reached the caps), be smart about your DCP and repair.

It's imperative you cap as soon as possible.  I've seen so many ships turn around to dodge before they've capped, and at that point they've lost.

Better yet, play CV's in 1v1 and you'll soon work out what works against you.

I've played a lot of Saipan this season, so far have gone 23-2, and the ship that is the most difficult to beat out of any ship of any class that I've come up against is Massa.  It has a great torp belt, superb AA, short c/d repair, it's very small for a BB.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,209 posts
14,088 battles

I’ve been up against a CV once in my Tirpitz, and I won.

Like people say, you rush cap, then defend using AA and manoeuvring until it caps out.

That said, it was close, another pass and he would have had me. I also sacrificed some HP early on by not avoiding torps before capping.

Shokkaku, luckily he didn’t try to cap himself, seemed so focused on sinking me, and he only sent torpedo bombers, even one at half strength, probably would have done more damage with the odd AP bombs.

So may have got lucky with a potato, but it is possible.

[XSA]
439 posts
15,603 battles
44 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’ve been up against a CV once in my Tirpitz, and I won.

Like people say, you rush cap, then defend using AA and manoeuvring until it caps out.

That said, it was close, another pass and he would have had me. I also sacrificed some HP early on by not avoiding torps before capping.

Shokkaku, luckily he didn’t try to cap himself, seemed so focused on sinking me, and he only sent torpedo bombers, even one at half strength, probably would have done more damage with the odd AP bombs.

So may have got lucky with a potato, but it is possible.

i've 4-5 battles against CV. I won once only that the potato cv tried to cap but exposed so I sent him back to port by main gun+torp.

Sign in to follow this