Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrHumpty_Dumpty

Tier 9-10 Meta

9 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
27 posts
3,866 battles

Why is every other tier i have played so balanced and then the moment i play a tier 9 or 10 everything is just a shit show? The tier 10 meta is so toxic i dont feel like playing it anymore. What are your thoughts on tier 10 meta?

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,673 posts
5,737 battles

it took a couple years, but of course russian bias had to shine through, displaying the greatest nation and people of all time, just like in WoT.

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
7 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

it took a couple years, but of course russian bias had to shine through, displaying the greatest nation and people of all time, just like in WoT.

Just remind them of someplace called.... Tsushima. >_>

And spontaneously combusting CVs. <_<

Such "glorious" naval traditions.

Oh, forgot somemore: K-19 the widowmaker. Underwater Battle of Kursk.

Feel free to add some more salt to the wounds.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,492 posts
11,814 battles

What is it you don't like about T9-10?  

Maybe it's because I play it so often but it doesn't seem much different to the other tiers, and I find these tiers quite enjoyable.  I do tend to play in a way that is cautiously aggressive, within the bounds of my team's positioning, so I rarely get upset at static play since I am not actually playing statically, and often good positioning will encourage your team mates to position well also.

Having said all that, I personally think T8 has the best inter-class balance in the game, so that is my favourite tier (following the recent MM changes).

[1AN-E]
27 posts
3,866 battles
6 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

What is it you don't like about T9-10?  

Maybe it's because I play it so often but it doesn't seem much different to the other tiers, and I find these tiers quite enjoyable.  I do tend to play in a way that is cautiously aggressive, within the bounds of my team's positioning, so I rarely get upset at static play since I am not actually playing statically, and often good positioning will encourage your team mates to position well also.

Having said all that, I personally think T8 has the best inter-class balance in the game, so that is my favourite tier (following the recent MM changes).

I find that the addition of CV and kiting Super Cruisers makes the game far more slow paced and eveyone sits around 20km from each other spamming HE. The only ships i ever shoot AP is Yammy for obvious reasons and Des Moines because heavy american AP.

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
21 minutes ago, MrHumpty_Dumpty said:

I find that the addition of CV and kiting Super Cruisers makes the game far more slow paced and eveyone sits around 20km from each other spamming HE. The only ships i ever shoot AP is Yammy for obvious reasons and Des Moines because heavy american AP.

That is the result of 1) huge maps made to accommodate 2) long range artillery duels because of the range of the guns. Yes, I understand what you mean about "slow paced games" and you rather it be faster paced. The solution is actually simple: smaller maps and closer starting positions to each other. Right now, ships take 5 minutes just to "get into position". Unfortunately, things have been balanced this way because of "national gimmicks". French cruisers should never have that much range.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,002 posts
13,611 battles

I'd rather stick in those tiers rather than let's say T5 to 8 for several reasons like:

- Guaranteed uptiered.

- Lack of DD countermeasures.

- You can either play BB or DD for guaranteed damage farming with impunity. Cruisers get stomped really quickly due to the slight mistake, except the British cruisers due to having the early access to heal plus smoke.

- I'd rather harass the window lickers on high tiers than the poor innocents whom are climbing the steep challenges that the veterans pull off on them.

[1AN-E]
27 posts
3,866 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

I'd rather stick in those tiers rather than let's say T5 to 8 for several reasons like:

- Guaranteed uptiered.

- Lack of DD countermeasures.

- You can either play BB or DD for guaranteed damage farming with impunity. Cruisers get stomped really quickly due to the slight mistake, except the British cruisers due to having the early access to heal plus smoke.

- I'd rather harass the window lickers on high tiers than the poor innocents whom are climbing the steep challenges that the veterans pull off on them.

But cruisers arent horrible at tier 6 and 7, high tier cruisers are just dominant over BB with their high dpm, easy fire starters, torpedos, and ability to control the battle with their incredible range and maneuverability 

Sign in to follow this