You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Fate of an WG Employee

31 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles

[Serious discussion]

its time to see Earl what will happen to him when he trolls alot of players.

He's the Mastermind of this Puerto Rico crapshow, making another twitter account and he broke one of the rules from Wargaming yet Sub_Octavcrap defends him from doing so.

Lets Discuss this matter, i hope he gets promoted to Customer. (Fired in this case.):Smile_hiding:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,134 posts
23,624 battles

His actions, taunt and post were kind of bizarre. I'm curious to see what happens to him.

He seriously thumbed his nose at the entire playerbase.

[MRI]
3,780 posts
16,731 battles

I have been following this and I find it all very strange. I am not sure what he is thinking here or what he is intending to achieve.

I used to watch him a bit a long time ago back when he was still a CC. But he ran into some irl family and job issues iirc, which made him very inconsistent in his WoWs-related stuff. He would go quiet for days and weeks, come back and produce a few videos before going quiet again. The next thing I knew he was hired by WG and had moved to Russia.

It is very disappointing because he seemed like an alright chap back when he was a CC. Now he is like a totally different person. Perhaps the environment changed him. Or maybe he was always that way but never showed it. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by Thyaliad

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,134 posts
23,624 battles
3 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I have been following this and I find it all very strange. I am not sure what he is thinking here or what he is intending to achieve.

Yup.

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

what a influence manager role he is holding right now

should be trying to get positive vibe for the company  but end up he just like another 13year old kid  who got his paycheck from wargaming then uses the money and flex on others

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,225 battles

Irrespective of what his position is in wg or whether he is doing it in his private capacity, as an employee, he represents the company he works for when he talks about a particular topic. He can dissent with the views of the company but that clearly needs to be made clear. He can toe the company line but that does not mean he can troll the audience/customers. I am reminded of the case of Martin Shkreli which generated so much bad PR (bad pun again).

Regardless of what his life problems and personal issues are, it does not mean he can screw with the consumer base, especially one that is already baying for blood. After the top brass come back from their vodka fueled Xmas break, I expect action to be taken equivalent to what they take ingame to "inappropriate behaviour." Otherwise, I call it hypocrisy.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

His actions, taunt and post were kind of bizarre. I'm curious to see what happens to him.

He seriously thumbed his nose at the entire playerbase.

13 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Irrespective of what his position is in wg or whether he is doing it in his private capacity, as an employee, he represents the company he works for when he talks about a particular topic. He can dissent with the views of the company but that clearly needs to be made clear. He can toe the company line but that does not mean he can troll the audience/customers. I am reminded of the case of Martin Shkreli which generated so much bad PR (bad pun again).

Regardless of what his life problems and personal issues are, it does not mean he can screw with the consumer base, especially one that is already baying for blood. After the top brass come back from their vodka fueled Xmas break, I expect action to be taken equivalent to what they take ingame to "inappropriate behaviour." Otherwise, I call it hypocrisy.

4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I used to watch him a bit a long time ago back when he was still a CC. But he ran into some irl family and job issues iirc, which made him very inconsistent in his WoWs-related stuff. He would go quiet for days and weeks, come back and produce a few videos before going quiet again. The next thing I knew he was hired by WG and had moved to Russia.

It is very disappointing because he seemed like an alright chap back when he was a CC. Now he is like a totally different person. Perhaps the environment changed him. Or maybe he was always that way but never showed it. :Smile_amazed:

:fish_book: :cap_book:

He's also the mastermind of this Naval Training Centre thing, Earl had it enough and needs to be fired.

Seriously, he had ENOUGH damage to the playerbase and us, especially that Puerto Rico disaster, his mind is almost like an Autistic 5 year old that he gets money and creates a throwaway Account, WG had to address this very fast since this is a RULE BREAKER, why did WG hire this guy to do such thing? :Smile-angry:

I was also angered and confused at the first place. I did not know how he became an E m p l o y e e  at this state:Smile_amazed:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
1 hour ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Maybe he is off his meds.

Medicine isn't the answer, he got dumped by his GF and a former CC.

He deserves a Firing, this would help.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,225 battles
1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Medicine isn't the answer, he got dumped by his GF and a former CC.

Whatever his private life is, we don't care and you do not mix your private and working lives. What he should have done is taken this chance to work at wg to show his ex, " F O, I have the high ground and am better than you" not screw things up more.

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,737 battles

anyone can explain please? reddit is blocked in my country. just curious what happened?

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,881 posts
8,729 battles
24 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

anyone can explain please? reddit is blocked in my country. just curious what happened?

He made a goose of himself on Twitter by PTW'ing his PR and made a joke about it and in doing so pissed on every single WOWS player and made the WG devs look even worse in regards to the PaytoRico fiasco.  This was an incredible feat in itself as no one thought it was actually possible to make it worse for them.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,737 battles
8 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

He made a goose of himself on Twitter by PTW'ing his PR and made a joke about it and in doing so pissed on every single WOWS player and made the WG devs look even worse in regards to the PaytoRico fiasco.  This was an incredible feat in itself as no one thought it was actually possible to make it worse for them.

Thanks Ralph. 

Btw, i am understand now why everyone so mad about Puerto Rico. 

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
59 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Thanks Ralph. 

Btw, i am understand now why everyone so mad about Puerto Rico. 

Sharkbeak, in case you are curious he's also the one who made the Rubbish Burnheap aka NTC 2.0

He also broke one of Wargaming's rules.

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Not to mention Flamu was using this for evidence and also Earlgrey using a throwaway account.

Him as an employee is just basically famous to scrapheap, one of the tweet says he's a 5 year old "darted" (swear word censor) that didnt took the grind fairly, the rules is dont use boosters and gorizia, use regular boosters and such.

The more he flames the fire, the more he gets to firing. 

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,225 battles

Basically the summary is: He is being a douchbag/dick/a-hole/insert choice of words. There was a challenge on reddit for a wg employee to spend christmas doing nothing but grind the PR without use of any premium boosters, money, gorilla, etc2. He cheated his way by breaking all the rules and then rubbed it into the community. And spent no money on it because he is an employee and was using an employee account. 

A good analogy is he is using a aimhack program to play wows.

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
3,376 posts
15,834 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Basically the summary is: He is being a douchbag/dick/a-hole/insert choice of words. There was a challenge on reddit for a wg employee to spend christmas doing nothing but grind the PR without use of any premium boosters, money, gorilla, etc2. He cheated his way by breaking all the rules and then rubbed it into the community. And spent no money on it because he is an employee and was using an employee account. 

Flamu and Searaptor had been roasting him as well as fellow players from NA on twitter

There is a 2nd one who one Puerto Rico and he keeps getting roasted again so he decided to use a throway account

Disgusting. This is even worse than Chernobyl nor Attempted Coup de etat 1991.

[CLAY]
3,209 posts
14,089 battles
13 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

So... A WG employee, bought the PR using a WG account, and then taunted the community about it...

Knowing full well that the community had issued a challenge, and were already very …. about the whole PR thing.

… Why would a WG employee deliberately taunt the community about that?

I know they don't care what we think anymore, but they usually at least pretend they care...

[-CAT-]
3,368 posts
13,471 battles

Now I know why the game is broken (or sucks) recently. The brain child of PR bush fire fiasco, and NTC / RB (and maybe even the "forced" WGC push?), his state of mind is not in a sane state. Even worse, the CEO also defends this unpopular person's decisions (How much power or rear kissing does this person have to make the CEO bow to his unpopular decisions?).

Also after watching Notser's, nozoupforyou's [WoWs] (and QuickyBaby's [WoT]) recent vid:
Why WG? Why do you want to make your player base angry? Why do you not listen to your player base and CC? Why do you want to make unpopular decisions to anger your player base? Do you enjoy angering your player base until it is too late?

In my experience:

1. Birds of the same feather, flies together.
2. Unpopular decisions tend to not last long in the company. (Even the CEO (s) will be jacked)
3. All rear kissing and no skills will soon have their "just deserts". Its just a matter of when.

For WG to learn or re-learn:

P.S. I kind of miss the Dasha and Alena friendly rivalry. Makes the WoWs shows / videos interesting. (Add Akhtyam, and you have a triangle. :Smile_hiding:)

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,801 battles
6 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

He's also the mastermind of this Naval Training Centre thing, Earl had it enough and needs to be fired.

He is though? He was a good guy back then, until now. What a wretched company this is.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,780 posts
16,731 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

… Why would a WG employee deliberately taunt the community about that?

This is what I am wondering. I am less curious about what he did and more about why?

Why would iEarlGrey do this? Was it a case of sarcastic humour or trolling going really wrong? Some beef with the community or certain CCs? Some weird plan to increase controversy and generate interest? What is he intending to achieve here?

16 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

He's the Mastermind of this Puerto Rico crapshow

8 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Was he? This is the first time I am hearing of this.

Could you point me to the tweet or post where he said this?

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,737 battles
40 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

He is though? He was a good guy back then, until now. What a wretched company this is.

Basically most of company. i may be understand if the company GREED and want more money so companies doing douchebag move to print more short term monies.

What i don't understand is....., sometimes the company doing douchebag move BECAUSE THE PRIDE OF DECISION MAKER. the move itself didnt print monies but only backlash.

WG COULD PRINT MORE MONIES BY SELLING MISSOURI AND MUSASHI BY CASH ONLY. Less backlash, spender more happy....

What they are currently doing now is scam people..... Thinking you can obtain Puerto Rico by only buy level 1 booster.... Or even 3 booster is enough... Of course the casual player gonna lose the monies and obtain nothing or forced to pay ridiculous amount of money.

The Directive is EZ but very tedious. Mission should be like Yamamoto Campaign or Halsey.... Its Hard but not grinding. I can guarantee LESS BOT, since only real player can get.... Also you will feel more excitement due to hardness skill only.

1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Flamu and Searaptor had been roasting him as well as fellow players from NA on twitter

There is a 2nd one who one Puerto Rico and he keeps getting roasted again so he decided to use a throway account

Disgusting. This is even worse than Chernobyl nor Attempted Coup de etat 1991.

When player angry, did he attempt to apologize? Or just let it slide?

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

I think He initialy being sarcastic. (look, I did it without spending money, WG gib me doubloon so it dont count)

But the salt is high, and no one in mood for joking

Even then, he shitting on his own company, for Likes and being attention whore - that still not decent thing to do

Roasted from Both sides, what would the Tea taste like then 

• Cool 2