Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

The Prodigal Max

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,520
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,146 posts
23,730 battles

I just reversed my server transfer.

Too hungover to explain.

I'll be back.

Err, I mean, I am back.

Welp I can Arnie up my profile now.

 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,605
[CLAY]
Member
3,213 posts
14,114 battles

And there was much rejoicing.

Seriously though, sorry it didn't work out.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[KNCOL]
Member
359 posts
7,325 battles
59 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I just reversed my server transfer.

Too hungover to explain.

I'll be back.

Err, I mean, I am back.

Welp I can Arnie up my profile now.

 

And I thought NA Server is the Promised Land that players in Asia server want to transfer to because Asia is a rubbish heap of a server. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
828
[SMOKE]
Member
2,473 posts
17,954 battles

well the grass always greener on the other side or might be not .. but welcome back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,380
[MRI]
Member
3,782 posts
16,783 battles

Welcome back!

On one hand it is good to see you return, on the other hand it is a bit disappointing knowing how much you were looking forward to NA.

I am curious to know what happened.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,059
[LBAS]
Member
2,056 posts
3,738 battles

The Mad Max is return....

We will start age of chaos of post Apocalypse of melt aging iceborn.

 

Now pick T8 sheep and quickly join US in ranked sprint

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,520
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,146 posts
23,730 battles

Ha ha! Thanks all!

The simple answer is I missed the personalities on this forum and in Social Wolves.

There are other reasons I chose to come back, which to be honest I am kind of hesitant to explain in much detail because I don't want to feed the distasteful "us and them" BS that easily becomes a pointless racial argument.

Like I said before I left, I don't think there is a perfect go or stay reason and it can only be a subjective and personal decision. My subjective and personal decsion led me back here. That doesn't mean I think anyone else is right or wrong for going or staying.

In a nutshell...

Communication in PvP on NA: I only did a couple of PvP on my main over there but that combined with the PvP I did on my NA test account showed me that comminication (at least in PvP) was what I had hoped for. I am an English speaker... 'nuff said.

Coops on NA: Although the current PR grind may have people going a bit crazy and this may explain it... FF and utterly selfish play is rife in NA coop games. People deliberately eating your torps to block damage so they can get a kill, people throwing torps with absolutely no concern for FF at all and so many people immediately going to ram as a first choice tactic are everywhere. I know coop is everyman for himself and I certainly take all I can get without apology but there is a line over which good sports don't step.

Operations on NA: The random op skill level is abyssmal. It's like everyday is the weekend. Of course I often got one or two other players in random ops who tried to do the missions and who also tried to encourage others to get 5 stars but generally, the overall skill level was very poor. This included things like everyone rushing for the exit in Killer Whale. I did use the ops channel and again with relation to communincation this was what I hoped for, but still the time I spent gathering and coordinating manual ops didn't feel any better than waiting for a bunch of Social Wolves to op together - but even then didn't have the friendly familiar in game banter that the Social Wolves has.

The Forum: The SEA forum has a lot more people discussing boats, proposed lines, balance issues and game related things. I am no naval buff so I don't always have an opinion on such things but I learn a lot from reading what other people have to say about such things. It is more difficult to find and focus on such things on the NA general forum. There IS a lot more complaining on the NA forums - and a lot of repeated complaining - thread after thread saying the same thing. It kind of gets depressing after a while and stopped me from wanting to enage. I mean I play Warships to shoot stuff but it's nice to have a forum to engage with too.

I spend a good deal of time in coops and ops. This was not a fun experience for me on NA.

There's more I could say but I really don't want to feed the "I told you so" crowd or people who are just looking for excuses to rag on someone else's culture.

I play games for fun.

For me the game wasn't as fun on NA.

Other people's experience may vary and it's not up to me to tell them what they do or don't find fun.

Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

Your call brother, your call.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,201
Member
5,655 posts
9,443 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,520
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,146 posts
23,730 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

 

Ah the wisdom of the 'Stones.

Appropriate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,201
Member
5,655 posts
9,443 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

The Forum: The SEA forum has a lot more people discussing boats, proposed lines, balance issues and game related things. I am no naval buff so I don't always have an opinion on such things but I learn a lot from reading what other people have to say about such things. It is more difficult to find and focus on such things on the NA general forum. There IS a lot more complaining on the NA forums - and a lot of repeated complaining - thread after thread saying the same thing. It kind of gets depressing after a while and stopped me from wanting to enage. I mean I play Warships to shoot stuff but it's nice to have a forum to engage with too.

Do they also give suggestions or just purely complaining? If they just complain, that's why the game would hardly ever improve. 

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,520
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,146 posts
23,730 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Do they also give suggestions or just purely complaining? If they just complain, that's why the game would hardly improve. 

Oh there is still a heap of varied topics - it's just harder to sift through it all.

Some people may enjoy this, I didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,201
Member
5,655 posts
9,443 battles
Just now, Max_Battle said:

Oh there is still a heap of varied topics - it's just harder to sift through it all.

Some people may enjoy this, I didn't.

Maybe the suggestions are posted in other subsections I guess. I might wanna take a look.

Looked through a few pages, eh, not that bad, since people are talking about Ranked Sprint atm. The engagement rate is very good, almost like people play the game and comment in the forum at the same time :Smile_trollface:

I take it that what people do in-game that is far worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Do they also give suggestions or just purely complaining? If they just complain, that's why the game would hardly ever improve. 

Many of the recent threads are just copies of the topic that has been posted by the others. PR shipstorm, CVs are OP, etc. And because the NA forum is more active, there are like >10 new threads per hour. I mean if this thread's last reply was over 3 hours ago, you have too look for this on page 3 or later unless you bookmark it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,334
[TLS]
Member
4,835 posts
21,253 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Coops on NA: Although the current PR grind may have people going a bit crazy and this may explain it... FF and utterly selfish play is rife in NA coop games. People deliberately eating your torps to block damage so they can get a kill, people throwing torps with absolutely no concern for FF at all and so many people immediately going to ram as a first choice tactic are everywhere. I know coop is everyman for himself and I certainly take all I can get without apology but there is a line over which good sports don't step.

Wow. And I thought Asia server was selfish with KS. Coop here if you ate misjudged torpedoes, almost always you get a 'sry' reply. 

6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

This included things like everyone rushing for the exit in Killer Whale.

Wow. Just. Wow. Like dudes, you all speak English, not "No hablo español" and yet the performance is worse? Here we can "attribute it to the lack of communication and boxy chat" but seriously?

6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

There IS a lot more complaining on the NA forums - and a lot of repeated complaining - thread after thread saying the same thing.

I already get annoyed at just like 2 exactly content identical threads within 1 week.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[TF44]
[TF44]
Member
295 posts
20,348 battles

Welcome back @Max_Battle. :cap_like:

I am very pleased at your return. I am not sorry your NA experience was sub-par because it induced you to return to SEA.😁

Look forward to catching up in-game. :cap_win:

Cheers Taipan.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
576
Member
746 posts
19,634 battles

Each to their own. Good luck, Max. At least you satisfied your curiosity.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×