You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gummiheng

Bot report by wargaming asia devs

32 comments in this topic

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

For people who cant read chinese/jap/kor or basically the box language:

They have shut down 166 bot accounts recently using a new detection system

The new detection system have increased efficiency, this will change our detection and cycles

Therefore, in the future, we will make irregular reports based on the detection results of the system

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

Irregular reporting is one of the reasons that we, the player base, have no trust in the efficacy of their work. There needs to be regular report and accountability, irrespective of how many bot accounts they catch. Also, when the community highlights an issue, it is inappropriate to be silent as this makes the player base think you are doing absolutely nothing. It needs to be communicated to the server community as to what action is being taken. When we ask what action has been taken to address our concerns about an issue, there needs to be an appropriate reply. Not a poorly prepared PR (haha, no, this is no a pun) script. 

This is exactly what is going wrong inside the game: lack of communication between players during a match and there is lack of communication between the wg and the community on the server.

There needs to be more explanation as to what they have done rather than "we have closed 166 bot accounts". It is like saying 166 players have ragequitted and refuse to spend anymore money in the game. 

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 10

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles

Is there any reason why nothing is ever posted in the English speaking forums?  Dejiko_nyo has absolutely nailed it with his response.

I suspect this thread will also run its course without anything meaningful from the staff

• Cool 4

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
27 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Is there any reason why nothing is ever posted in the English speaking forums?  Dejiko_nyo has absolutely nailed it with his response.

I suspect this thread will also run its course without anything meaningful from the staff

I expect that the moderators themselves don't talk among themselves or the wg region representatives, or there would have been a better dissemination of information.

As an addendum, we, the players, are not stupid. We know what is humanly possible in terms of playtime and skill. We can make good guesstimates. Don't treat us like dummies.  Oh wait. The PR fiasco is wg treating us like dummies. 

Someone, sometime, somewhere (a discord friend? a forum post?) highlighted that WG Asia got its support team trimmed down like nuts and they are struggling to process these issues. Whether or not this is true is not relevant. All WG Asia has to do is just post honest updates as to their progress. Delayed progress but honest reports about the delayed progress is still better PR than staying silent and letting us speculate. 

• Cool 3

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles
43 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Is there any reason why nothing is ever posted in the English speaking forums?

well this type of bot information normally dont come to the english section

All is reported in the other section

Just see the link comments, all are the date when they cleared the bot 

Edited by Gummilicious

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles
13 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

well this type of bot information normally dont come to the english section

All is reported in the other section

Just see the link comments, all are the date when they cleared the bot 

I'm just wondering why its not reported in the English forums.  Is this information for the whole community or just parts of it?

[POI]
971 posts
10,942 battles
16 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I'm just wondering why its not reported in the English forums.  Is this information for the whole community or just parts of it?

I was looking for it as well.. 

Is it because we are too polite regarding the issue? 

[KOOKA]
145 posts
10,786 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I expect that the moderators themselves don't talk among themselves or the wg region representatives,

U hit the nail on the head. Support emails are never read the whole way through. So for sure, this stuff would not be read fully. 

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Japanese circle is most active in asia. While asia en circle is almost extinct :Smile_trollface:

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles
1 minute ago, humusz said:

Japanese circle is most active in asia. While asia en circle is almost extinct :Smile_trollface:

Sad face...…………………….

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Well the Japanese and Chinese make up a far larger portion of players on the Asia server than English speakers (which is why I find it hilarious that on people on Reddit assume Asia is a ghost town after the server transfers).

Plus WG Asia is based in Japan iirc. So I am guessing neither the devs nor the mods bother to translate this.

5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

This is exactly what is going wrong inside the game: lack of communication between players during a match and there is lack of communication between the wg and the community on the server.

This.

Heck, the entire Puerto Rico fiasco can be summed up as a failure in communication.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles
2 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Plus WG Asia is based in Japan iirc. So I am guessing neither the devs nor the mods bother to translate this

And all people want is to be treated equal.     Leaving out part of the community stinks just as bad as their overall lack of interaction with the community in its entirety. 

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,131 posts
17,262 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

We english speakers (Australia/New Zealanders )are in the minority....   i thought you learnt that by now??

it has been obvious since clan wars 

:Smile_veryhappy:

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

BUT disproportionately noisier. Almost twice the combined number of topics (admittedly, a lot of those were garbage anti-cv posts) and 3 times the postage (also admittedly, those were a lot of garbage anti-cv rantings).

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.c722ecb25f1840b97e3faa2bfbc07e65.jpg

Edited by dejiko_nyo

1,587 posts
7,934 battles
Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

BUT disproportionately noisier. Almost twice the combined number of topics (admittedly, a lot of those were garbage anti-cv posts) and 3 times the postage (also admittedly, those were a lot of garbage anti-cv rantings).

There exist third-party discussion communities in Chinese language like NGA and Tieba.

[WG]
Administrator
111 posts
181 battles

Hello Captains!

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the delay in sharing the information regarding the BOT account sanction.
A separate thread has been created here to share with you on our further actions.

Thanks, and we hope to see you on the High Seas!

The World of Warships Team

• Cool 2

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles

@Nya_gaming   Can you advise what the sanctions were, where were these player accounts based from and what were the violations.   Or just any information at all and don't let this end up like the last bot reporting thread where zero feedback was given to the community on one of the biggest issues that affects player enjoyment on this server.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles
50 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

There exist third-party discussion communities in Chinese language like NGA and Tieba.

Exactly, Japan have their own equivalent of Reddit. Indonesian and Pinoy use Facebook group mostly

many of the post is Flexing or "Drama" though 🤣

Edited by humusz

[WG]
Administrator
111 posts
181 battles

@RalphTheTheatreCat Detailed information cannot be shared although we will continue to give you updates on BOT account sanctions on a separate thread. We understand that this issue needs to be properly treated for better player experience. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles
Just now, Nya_gaming said:

@RalphTheTheatreCat Detailed information cannot be shared although we will continue to give you updates on BOT account sanctions on a separate thread. We understand that this issue needs to be properly treated for better player experience. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

We aren't asking for detailed information as we all know that the botters will use that to there advantage.    It would just be nice to know what sanctions are being handed out.   If its something like warnings etc then that's far too weak.  Botters and cheaters should have full account bans for 1st offences.  That's how serious this issue is to us players.

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,131 posts
17,262 battles

@Nya_gaming

There is a whole thread about a botting clan on the forum now, in particular Clan CN_70 , multiple witnesses, multiple instances, multiple games being ruined all for their profit.... I must lot a great game now where I was carrying it, & yet a bot from this clan was in, sailed straight & shot at the water & died immediately.... 

These botters are taking advantage of the Puerto Rico event, to use bots to do automatic grinding, so they can then sell these accounts for personal profit... They are breaking not only our games, but flouting the EULA & ripping off the poor stupid saps who actually buy these ready made accounts...

Please, I plead to you guys at WG to take some pride in your game, & some concrete action against the botters, & take the reports seriously...  As this is one of the reasons people wanted to change to NA server.....  

Its quite easy to analyse accounts & can tell that 70 games a day or more played, deserves more scrutiny because its humanly impossible....  Please pass this post up the chain of command at WG...

Thanks

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz
  • Cool 2

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,867 battles
9 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

There needs to be more explanation as to what they have done rather than "we have closed 166 bot accounts". It is like saying 166 players have ragequitted and refuse to spend anymore money in the game. 

For a long time I always hoping we can have a nice conversation between forumers and WG staffs. Because it's only with this way that we can share our thoughts and also knowing why they have to do this and why the playerbase can't accept it

Such example of a failed relations between players and developer is the Puerto Rico outrage. It would be better for WG to not quickly implement their idea/ plan and I think it's better to ask the playerbase. Is this a good idea or not? If it's not, WG can scrap it,  and then fix it, or replace it with something else until the playerbase can accept it. Every time they have some plans, they always straight up announcing it to the game. Like the legendary upgrade transfer to the armory.  I recently read it in the 0.9.0 bulletin. Now I really don't know if this is a good idea or not because some CCs says that it's good but needs some revising and some says it's not. But one thing thing we have to do is to react fast since WG sticks to "One month one patch." Principle.

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

English is also (arguably) the most common language. Yes, collectively the non English speakers may make up a larger amount, but when you break that down, more people may be speaking English than any one group.

How many people in the English section speak an Asian language? Of course, even those who comment in English may speak box in game, I know a few people here post battle result screencaps in another language.

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles

Throughout history, most countries have worked out that one of the more effective ways to deter rulebreakers has been to make an example out of them.

You expose them publicly, reveal their crimes to everyone, and show them being punished.

It is quite effective, because potential rulebreakers can see what the consequences are, and are less likely to break the rules. Of course, there are always those who think "nah, I'm better than that, I won't be caught", but in general, a lot of crime is prevented, and people feel safer because the authorities are effective... or scared of the authorities themselves.

I understand why WG won't do that, there are laws about publicly naming and shaming a 14 year old. But they do lose out on a LOT of power because of it.

The way to counter, is to be on top of the problem at all times, not giving the community a chance to complain that they are ineffective, because are never seen, they would be removed as soon as they are created. But WG are always on the back foot in that matter, or seem to be anyway, we keep seeing bots in battle. And telling us how many are removed isn't really going to help if we still see them in battle. We need to either see NO bots at all, or the botters publicly named, shamed and punished (after fair trial).

Until we see one of those things, we are not going to believe anything effective is being done.

• Cool 2

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,889 posts
8,767 battles
8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I understand why WG won't do that, there are laws about publicly naming and shaming a 14 year old. But they do lose out on a LOT of power because of it.

I have to disagree with you on that.    Publishing an IGN of a person who has cheated is far different to naming a child.    The rules relate  to  bullying and in the 10 years I’ve managed teams of people I’ll confirm that their is a huge difference between bullying and  managing a poor performer or dealing with people who have done the right thing.  They are legally well within their rights to put up the IGNs but choose not to.

• Cool 2