Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ColonelRVH

Thunderer or Georgia?

If you have to choose between Georgia and Thunderer, which one gonna be?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Georgia or Thunderer?

• Georgia
    • Thunderer

11 comments in this topic

[STEIN]
192 posts
8,561 battles

I just got back because of the Puerto Rico, stay for the snowflakes and stay longer for the Dock Yard. (Yeah, not for PR but seriously I was consider doing that before I watched all the vids on youtube)

After cleaning up dust and saw a good discount in the Armory. Now I can choose any coal ship to play. There's Kutuzov on crack, Thunderer and Georgia. I'm more interested in the latter 2.

Since I'm a main BB player and frequently play Yamato/Musashi, Conqueror and Missouri. I wonder which one is better suited for me.

So far I know there's trade off all those 2, Georgia lacking alpha potential with only 6 guns, and Thunderer can't really play aggressively also the squishiest T10 BB.

Actually Super Kutuzov is still an open option since I don't have a great high tier CA, but I don't think I like the playstyle. I'm working my way to Alaska. (Missed the Black Friday sales, should've bought the Black ship)

Opinion and advice are greatly appreciated.

Edited by ColonelRVH

1,578 posts
7,781 battles

Welcome back mate, hope you enjoy yourself though the direction this game moving towards is concerning (the Legendary Upgrade gate added fuel to this current December Sh#tstorm).

It seems that the key is which playstyle do you perfer, rushing and brawling (Georgia) or long-range sniping (Thunderer). Though Georgia earns more than Thunderer, it seems insignificant as you already own the Mighty Mo.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

Thunderer is a super conqueror minus the heal for balance. 

Georgia is an Iowa on metamphetamines, minus some guns for balance.

Smellyensk is a minotaur-like pest with HE, with low HP for Soviet bias.

• Cool 1

[STEIN]
192 posts
8,561 battles
13 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Thunderer is a super conqueror minus the heal for balance. 

Georgia is an Iowa on metamphetamines, minus some guns for balance.

Smellyensk is a minotaur-like pest with HE, with low HP for Soviet bias.

Do you have any experience in playing them? If you need to choose between Georgia and Thunderer, which one gonna be?

Edit: Poll Added. 

Edited by ColonelRVH

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelRVH said:

Since I'm a main BB player and frequently play Yamato/Musashi, Conqueror and Missouri

Both ship is squishy to be truthful.

So it boils down to what you would preferred playstyle.

Georgia:

• 6x457MM with good accuracy
  • Accurate Secondaries
  • 74k hp
  • Your heal cooldown is short also, so aggressive play is viable
  • Speed can rise up to 40knots

Thunderer:

• 8x457mm
  • 23km gun range
  • Normal BB fuse time instead of the rn bb fuse time(So you can hit citadel more consistently)
  • 82k hp 
  • Conqueror Legendary mod built-in

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

I prefer the need for speed. No thunderer but if I extrapolate the playstyle from my conqueror, snipey snipe snipe.

I still would recommend smellyensk. Just so that you can irritate and annoy people

• Cool 1

[LGND]
569 posts
13,665 battles

Go for Thunderer....
if you had MIssouri u  can get Georgia later if you care for credit maker since Missouri is Cash Printer....

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,130 posts
17,205 battles

I went Georgia (not that I play high tier much anyway lol)

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,467 posts
17,849 battles

As a DD main I actually got and play Smoley and I think most sees it wrong cause they only see the side they want to see and fail to grasp how hard it can be to play this over sized DD with no concealment.

Yes I know and seen too many of them spec just for HE Spamming and really that is only useful as a back lane camper and if only left unchecked and the latter is when most got it wrong ; this CL is easily countered and counter checked by same or even lower tier CA CL its the ultimate slow big caliber vs fast repeating small caliber.

And there is why the game meta got people so annoyed these days BB and Super Cruiser are just not in the habit of close formation with their just normal CA CL & DD to actually engage and battle line fight it which also left themselves exposed. Smoley and the like if all similar just exploit that gap of divide and game of course do not help with MM that only give less than half of the roster with these support light force. Too many big guns player are too much into that over matching metality and simply fail to team play and fail to even move or just switch to HE. And by the same token they are just as annoying with every salvo taking too much HP off any of the light force without any counter measure ( well light force strike bacjs .... LoL ) or CV spotting that no one can escape except DDs

Unlike the go all out and range it HE Spamming I spec my Smoley for full AA which still give me the typical CL range of 16KM and I can balance the defense capacity vs the offensive ones. 

If you are looking for a CA this is not one if you are looking for a good support CL this is one ; yes anybody and everybody HE Spam in this ship its what you use that HE Spam for that dictates. Think of it as Mino / Worcester with a mix of Khaba 

And since you already got  Yammy and the other 3 mentioned I seriously doubt if George and Thunder could bring anything more ; might be JB instead

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[STEIN]
192 posts
8,561 battles
45 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

And sice you already got  Yammy and the other 3 mentioned I seriously doubt if George and Thunder could bring anything more ; might be JB instead

Thanks for the info about S.Kutuzov, I already got Jean Bart but honestly I'm not comfortable playing her, the accuracy just feel weird especially while bow tanking. I kinda regret purchasing her now she's only for coop purpose. :cap_old:

Sign in to follow this