Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Kolberg Torpedo mounts, Dresden Secondaries, do they forgot this one?

13 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,678 posts
17,214 battles

Something irritates me its 4 years already and Kolberg has no Torpedoes on her B Hull.

Kolberg on her Bio says that she gets Torpedo mounts on her upgraded hull but still NONE as of today (Its been 20 patches and acounting)

Even so, give this ship some dual torpedoes and we'll call it a day.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

1,927 posts
9,689 battles
28 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Something irritates me its 4 years already and Kolberg has no Torpedoes on her B Hull.

Kolberg on her Bio says that she gets Torpedo mounts on her upgraded hull but still NONE as of today (Its been 20 patches and acounting)

Even so, give this ship some dual torpedoes and we'll call it a day.

Also the in game model of Konigsberg has many errors when compared with historical photographes of the three ships of her class. Especially her bow which seems too short and plump, and a distinctive rake of the bow is completely omitted from the in-game model.

[LBAS]
3,678 posts
17,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Also the in game model of Konigsberg has many errors when compared with historical photographes of the three ships of her class. Especially her bow which seems too short and plump, and a distinctive rake of the bow is completely omitted from the in-game model.

Something feels off, even Nurnberg, she does have armor but UGH, still has missing plates on her.

Dresden has secondaries yet they still IGNORE this one?

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[MRI]
4,086 posts
18,248 battles
49 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I am still salty about time-travelling Kaga getting planes from after she was sunk.

[OAKUM]
2,135 posts
17,820 battles

Maybe these items (& more) will be available in Rubbish Burn Heap as upcoming legendary modules...

For Doubloons of course...

:Smile_teethhappy:

[LBAS]
3,678 posts
17,214 battles
32 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I am still salty about time-travelling Kaga getting planes from after she was sunk.

Alternate History, because much important than actual history :Smile_hiding:

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,362 posts
15,014 battles

There are many ships that were supposed to have torpedo. Mikasa, FdG, GK, etc.

And yet WG decides to change Sansonetti's shell trace color to standard red because the yellow one is not historically accurate.

• Funny 2

[TWR]
1,327 posts
5,624 battles

Its been a long time since I read it,but if I remember correctly the reason why some of the low tier ships like Dresden don't have working secondaries is because the size of the guns is to small to actually damage anything.

Also from what I remember WG also doesn't mount torpedoes on ship where the mount is submerged,thats why the Kolberg and other ships that have them aren't equipped with them.

6,066 posts
10,345 battles
On 12/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Sir_Feather said:

There are many ships that were supposed to have torpedo. Mikasa, FdG, GK, etc.

If they're submerged they don't add it, except subs, because... subs. But FdG and GK can also have deck-mounted launchers, but WG think "it's not needed", I guess.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Sir_Feather said:

And yet WG decides to change Sansonetti's shell trace color to standard red because the yellow one is not historically accurate.

Real warships in actual battles aren't even supposed to have shell tracers :Smile_veryhappy:

I have tracer and firework effects turned off for both Yamamoto and Halshey (even Ovechkin) because I don't want to give enemies intelligent :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Its been a long time since I read it,but if I remember correctly the reason why some of the low tier ships like Dresden don't have working secondaries is because the size of the guns is to small to actually damage anything.

I'd like to point out that WG turned the 88mm star shell/AA guns on Roma into secondary... I think they have a minimum gun size for secondary or something.

There are a lot of inaccuracies in ship models:

+ Turrets on Monarch (a preliminary design for KGV-class) are supposed to have completely flat roofs (like KGV-class), not somewhat arched (like Nelson-class). I don't even remotely like the look of those turrets.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Monarch

+ Turrene, the French T3 tech tree BB, is a hypothetical design for Danton-class. I guess they don't consider 240 mm to be secondary so they switched all the 240 mm to 305 mm.

A lot more if you browse the official wiki. I mean A FREAKING LOT.

[TWR]
1,327 posts
5,624 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I'd like to point out that WG turned the 88mm star shell/AA guns on Roma into secondary... I think they have a minimum gun size for secondary or something.

Yeah,it was something like that.Was way back around the launch of the game so its hard to remember exactly what was said!

Edited by BanditSE1977

1,927 posts
9,689 battles
On 12/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, BanditSE1977 said:

WG also doesn't mount torpedoes on ship where the mount is submerged

There are also instances like Furutaka (A- and B-hulls), Trento and the currently WiP Hawkins that rotating torpedo tubes are substituted for original fixed broadside torpedo tubes.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:55 AM, Paladinum said:

I think they have a minimum gun size for secondary or something.

The smallest anti-surface guns in terms of calibre in game seems to be 76-mm as main guns of Tachibana and DP secondaries of Yahagi. According to the current HE penetration rules 47-mm QF guns found aboard many warships from early 20th century can only damage hulls no more than 7-mm, though I need to check the armour viewer in game to find out hull thickness values of those T2 ships that almost nobody cares about.

At the same time Soviet 76-mm AA guns are not counted as DP.

Also Roma's heavy AA battery consists of 90-mm guns.

[LBAS]
3,678 posts
17,214 battles
4 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

There are also instances like Furutaka (A- and B-hulls), Trento and the currently WiP Hawkins that rotating torpedo tubes are substituted for original fixed broadside torpedo tubes.

The smallest anti-surface guns in terms of calibre in game seems to be 76-mm as main guns of Tachibana and DP secondaries of Yahagi. According to the current HE penetration rules 47-mm QF guns found aboard many warships from early 20th century can only damage hulls no more than 7-mm, though I need to check the armour viewer in game to find out hull thickness values of those T2 ships that almost nobody cares about.

At the same time Soviet 76-mm AA guns are not counted as DP.

Also Roma's heavy AA battery consists of 90-mm guns.

Heck, even Kuma's 76mm arent dual purpose either. (A Hull)

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[-CAT-]
4,303 posts
15,733 battles
On 12/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Alternate History, because much important than actual history :Smile_hiding:

Bayard:Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this