You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

[HVC]
128 posts
13,901 battles

I'm out. 

I played WoTB for ~two years and left when WG exponentially ramped up the level of their thieving, gambling ways. 

I've now played WoWS for over two years and largely enjoyed it, but watching the blackness of the plummet of WG's corporate 'ethics' as it slithers wallows into the depths of a dark pit of its own making has leeched any possibility for me to find any joy whatsoever in playing WoWS. 

I played 1-3 games on the launch day of WG's Publicity Rupturing 'Christmas present' but felt dirtied by the experience. I refuse to fund an oligarchic kleptocracy. I feel better, freer and far, far cleaner with each non-WG day that passes.

Thank you to everyone I've met in game; the battles, the conversations, the friendships. I wish you as much fun as you personally may still be able to find.

Cheers. 

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1

8 posts
6,326 battles

See ya mate has been a pleasure playing WOWS with you both for fun and competitively, going to miss you. Good luck and best wishes for the future. 

• Cool 2

[AN-DO]
733 posts
10,803 battles

Farewell, and good luck, I hope you find a good game and another good community to enjoy. I don't blame you for leaving either, WG seems hell bent on trying to drive their players way. I for one am seriously contemplating doing the same as you given everything that has transpired over the last week (and continues to transpire). Take care :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,460 posts
12,804 battles

@Farlesquew

I don't blame anyone for bowing out. Really not. At some point the psychological manipulations of these free-to-play games become too much and the only fair course of action is to put as much distance between you and the whole scene as possible.

There are actually people who are doing the PR grind. Even after everything. Plenty of people doing the Gorizia grind. Lots of people buying lootcrates again this year. Snowflakes? Even I was guilty of trying to finish all of them at first, even though I know it's just an arbitrary mechanic for player retention and engagement. It really takes a "wait, why do I even care?!" wake up moment to snap out of it.

The smartest advice I've heard is this: just play the ships you want, in the battle format you want, only as often as you like. That is never not an option, despite WG doing everything in their power to convince you otherwise. No one needs Puerto Rico, man, no one.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 2

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,937 battles

Shame WG deliberately defecate on their playerbase like this...

Anyway, i hope you find peace out there, and as usual

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,460 posts
12,804 battles

I'm trying to figure out what exactly that tipped this over the edge. People on the internet are always upset at WG. But this time, they are really upset.

The PR event ticks a lot of negative boxes:

• Selling a T10 premium.
  • Selling a T10 premium for $250 US.
  • Telling players it would be obtainable for free, but designing the requirements to make it (virtually) impossible.
  • Selling boosters to make it available for less than $250 US.
  • Selling those boosters for $70 US.
  • Deliberately making the progression mechanics so convoluted no one could figure out how difficult it would be with the boosters activated.
  • Deliberately making it so the boosters are most effective when bought as early as possible, so people would buy them before word got out.
  • Making it so partial/incomplete grinds contribute nothing towards the acquisition of the reward ship**. (unlike, e.g. Cossack)
  • Making the reward ship not actually all that good (apparently).

** This is apparently not the case now: after a certain progression point the cost to buy the ship outright decreases.

So many it's hard to know if its any one that sticks out, or merely the cumulative total.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 4

[AN-DO]
733 posts
10,803 battles
1 minute ago, Rina_Pon said:

I'm trying to figure out what exactly that tipped this over the edge. People on the internet are always upset at WG. But this time, they are really upset.

• Selling a T10 premium.
  • Telling players it would be obtainable for free, but designing the requirements to make it (virtually) impossible.
  • Deliberately making the progression mechanics so convoluted no one could figure out how difficult it would be with the boosters activated.
  • Making it so partial/incomplete grinds contribute nothing towards the acquisition of the reward ship. (unlike, e.g. Cossack)

So many it's hard to know if its any one that sticks out, or merely the cumulative total.

you forgot them now mentioning that unique upgrades are going to RB to try and make us play that piece of garbage. There are just too many things to list, and I'm guessing Farlesquew picked all of them in his decision

• Cool 2

[TF44]
379 posts
3,785 battles
2 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

I'm out. 

I played WoTB for ~two years and left when WG exponentially ramped up the level of their thieving, gambling ways. 

I've now played WoWS for over two years and largely enjoyed it, but watching the blackness of the plummet of WG's corporate 'ethics' as it slithers wallows into the depths of a dark pit of its own making has leeched any possibility for me to find any joy whatsoever in playing WoWS. 

I played 1-3 games on the launch day of WG's Publicity Rupturing 'Christmas present' but felt dirtied by the experience. I refuse to fund an oligarchic kleptocracy. I feel better, freer and far, far cleaner with each non-WG day that passes.

Thank you to everyone I've met in game; the battles, the conversations, the friendships. I wish you as much fun as you personally may still be able to find.

Cheers. 

Goodbye my Friend. 

Capt B. T. Tiger

Officer Commanding

Tiger Force

HMAS Perth Flag

(It Feels so Awfull that you are leaving).:Smile_sad::Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
3 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

I'm out. 

Cheers. 

Goodbye and Good luck.

I don't think that you'll be the only one.

I think a lot of players are at this stage......

tenor.gif?itemid=11919008

[BLIST]
Beta Tester
53 posts
10,074 battles

I usually didn't care about player quitting the game. But after this PR fiasco, Charity and NTC Legendary Module, it is very reasonable if old player quitting.

Bye comrade. May MrConway always br with you. 

• Funny 2

[SMOKE]
2,496 posts
18,035 battles

May your next gaming venture be more fruitful and joyful ... no one is to be blame for this kind of fiasco except WG themselves  ;and that Unique Upgrade change coming next Mar, the are just going yet another step further to drive player away from the game

[MRI]
3,791 posts
16,857 battles
5 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

• Selling a T10 premium.
  • Deliberately making it so the boosters are most effective when bought as early as possible, so people would buy them before word got out.
  • Making it so partial/incomplete grinds contribute nothing towards the acquisition of the reward ship. (unlike, e.g. Cossack)

I would say it is all of them. 

Also the playerbase had a general sense of unhappiness throughout the year over their treatment by WG.

The poorly executed rollout of the CV rework, the NTC, the Stalingrad and Smolensk, the Russian bullshit line, plus any number of other grievances (like I was unhappy that the CV rework part 2 came after Premium CVs were "ready to be sold"). 

The PR event was merely the match to spark off what was already a very disgruntled playerbase. Like how the extradition bill in Hong Kong sparked off protests from an already unhappy population.

• Cool 1

16 posts
6,835 battles
8 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

I'm out. 

Cheers. 

Happy trails my friend. I'm out in 25 days! As soon as premium time is done so am I!

[OAKUM]
2,131 posts
17,272 battles

Farewell comrade....

If you're looking for an alternative game to have fun & challenges in, I suggest Titan Quest... Its great... No bots, just cyclops, tigers, stone statues etc.....

Or......

You may be back, when you gaze at the sea wistfully, with a tear in your eye, & remember all the friends you leave behind.....

:Smile_honoring:

Ordrazz

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,409 posts
13,592 battles

Good luck on your new adventures Kapitan.

I don't blame people on leaving the platform since WG thinks forcing unpopular things to its community is a good thing. (Maybe it is only good on CIS but on the global community)

There is a limit to how much people can tolerate corporate greed.