Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Getting stuck to islands

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I know it is completely your own fault when it happens and that is all fine and dandy...

but getting stuck to an island like this for over 10 minutes because your judgement on when to turn was slightly off is frustrating as all hell...

K985gKx.jpg

Punishing people by basically making them a spectator for the rest of the match because the side of their ship touched an island is a great idea and all in theory "Haha you wont do that again now will ya" is my thoughts, but i can see a lot of people not trying to unstick their ship and just going back to port when this happens instead of continuing to help their team.

Anyone know if ships getting stuck like this will make it into the full release?

I am sure they could make it so ships slide past islands when this happens, maybe make it cause a hull breach or 2 or 3 depending on how much of the ship scrapes the island.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

If and when I get stuck, I stick in reverse and hold my rudder over to force the bow/stern to change direction. That will normally get me unstuck,

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

If and when I get stuck, I stick in reverse and hold my rudder over to force the bow/stern to change direction. That will normally get me unstuck,

yeah this one was horrid ship would not move at all, it would slowly creep around the island at 0.1 knots in forward speed but the nose would get dragged back toward the island even with full rudder shift in the opposite direction and in reverse it just would not move, ruined my game for sure by the end when my whole team was dead around me and i was getting picked apart by 4 ships i was fuming if im honest.

Talk about make you want to hit yourself for being an idiot lol..

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

what till they put the damage modeling back on. Works the same as ramming, you hit an island, you cop damage/flooding etc.

There should be an easy way to get unstuck, guess that will be something for latter

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

what till they put the damage modeling back on. Works the same as ramming, you hit an island, you cop damage/flooding etc.

There should be an easy way to get unstuck, guess that will be something for latter

Oh so they are planning on putting a damage model on the islands?

Thats comforting, i have been thinking it would be a great feature the entire time i have been playing

695 posts
2,153 battles

Oh so they are planning on putting a damage model on the islands?

Thats comforting, i have been thinking it would be a great feature the entire time i have been playing

It was so fun back when it was on. :)

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

we did have damage done when you git an island, but we did not have damage from ramming. They stopped one, and brought in the other. You should have some damage from striking an island, seeing too many players using that Technic to stop their ships.  

695 posts
2,153 battles

No its a real issues especially when you get stuck and then later sink, you are either beached or on open water not both.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Maybe the propeller caught something

No, its a result of the way ships turn causing people to wind up with both bow and stern in shallow water in the small terrain details. No easy way out, as you basically drifted in.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

No, its a result of the way ships turn causing people to wind up with both bow and stern in shallow water in the small terrain details. No easy way out, as you basically drifted in.

just like a real life then

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

just like a real life then

Not entirely, in RL you simply wouldnt encounter the sort of terrain detail we get in game, and beaching would happen farther off shore.

Sign in to follow this