You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

With the PR fiasco, no one is talking about the German BB dispersion buff

23 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
857 posts
8,417 battles

On a positive note, the dispersion buff was exactly what was needed. Neither too little nor too much.

The original problem was that the guns were frustrating to the point where you would completely miss targets you might reasonably expect to hit reliably. This is, subjectively speaking, no longer the case. They feel like normal battleship guns now. A certain amount of spread is expected, but they are no longer completely cross-eyed.

This makes Gneisenau and Sharnhorst, in particular, a joy to play. Extremely well-balanced battleships, with good AA, torps and secondaries for close in brawling, fast speed, good armor, and fast turret traverse. Sharnhorst excels against lower tier ships you can bully, Gneisenau has an edge against same-tier opponents, or high tier cruisers, but both are superlatively responsive ships designed for outplaying the enemy team. And now with shells that actually land where you want them to. Dangerous indeed.

[FORCE]
1,088 posts
10,066 battles

That's how media works. I begin to suspect WG doesn't give the buff wholeheartedly. So they just try to shift the playerbase's attention away from it. But it is a welcomed buff though.

3,708 posts
7,476 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

But it is a welcomed buff though.

Call me skeptic, but it's not nearly enough. German BBs should be excellent at close-mid range, and there should be mechanics that discourage shooting beyond 15-18 km.

But a step in the right direction is a good step indeed.

Give them Bias BB's dispersion gimmick.

Edited by Paladinum

[FORCE]
1,088 posts
10,066 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Call me skeptic, but it's not near enough. German BBs should be excellent at close-mid range, and there should be mechanics that discourage shooting beyond 15-18 km.

But a step in the good direction is a good step.

Give them Bias BB's dispersion gimmick.

Or just wash those gasoline off from the hulls. They are too flammable for the current meta.

[TLS]
3,080 posts
18,492 battles

A long overdue buff. But is it still *legendary German Dispersion*? Frankly, I don't really care much it not getting much frontpage news because 1) This should have been prioritized patches ago and 2) I tried it in PTS and it was okay. So if you pardon me, this is no biggie.

[HMAS_]
2,006 posts
14,015 battles

Why do people target me more in my Bismarck?

When I'm in Tirpitz they leave me alone/ignore me, but when I'm in Bismarck, I get specifically targeted to melting point?

I have the same secondary build (near identical ships)....

Its like a "sink the Bismarck" campaign

So, the gun buff hasn't helped with my melting point.....

:Smile_bajan2:

Ordrazz

[SALT]
1,711 posts
10,006 battles

Give Russian Dispersion elipse, then it would be a Buff :fish_haloween:

[SMOKE]
1,241 posts
12,948 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Call me skeptic, but it's not nearly enough. German BBs should be excellent at close-mid range, and there should be mechanics that discourage shooting beyond 15-18 km.

I second that , and individual ships like the Gneisenau still play like it need to get into its torp range to be able to actually effectively use its guns

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,435 battles

I'm amazed anyone can notice the buff, it is very small indeed - 2.5% improved dispersion at 10km, 0.8% improved dispersion at 20km.

I suspect there is a lot of confirmation bias going on.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,080 posts
18,492 battles

It is noticeable as I found out on PTS with my GK. Less like a shotgun now, more consistency. 

[BLESS]
857 posts
8,417 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm amazed anyone can notice the buff, it is very small indeed - 2.5% improved dispersion at 10km, 0.8% improved dispersion at 20km.

Maybe. There is a lot more to shell grouping than just dispersion and sigma, though. There's the way the cone scales with range, horizontal vs. vertical components, etc. I was told the KM BBs were given US BB dispersion characteristics, and that feels about right to me: similar dispersion, but slightly worse grouping than USN shells due to the lower sigma.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
31 posts
12,656 battles
6 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Yes, it may be small but the difference can surely be noticed.

Specially when sailing my T9 German BB ... it can suddenly hit things unlike before "I'd be surprised if it hits anything".

893 posts
3,806 battles
6 hours ago, Mechfori said:

I second that , and individual ships like the Gneisenau still play like it need to get into its torp range to be able to actually effectively use its guns

gnicenow.png.682a9a262be358eb6eac671053a370aa.thumb.png.602e8a54f232c15a0edffe96fed0b9ed.png

Grabbed from the NA Forum (with a little modification for the sake of correction).

A number of players from NA also claim that the German battleships are much more confortable to play now.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/207006-gneisenau/

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/207297-german-bb-buff-question/

3,708 posts
7,476 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

Grabbed from the NA Forum (with a little modification for the sake of correction).

A number of players from NA also claim that the German battleships are much more confortable to play now.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/207006-gneisenau/

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/207297-german-bb-buff-question/

PEF excluded... :Smile-angry:

[MD]
145 posts
1,734 battles

I'm happy that my beloved Bismarck can finally hit a target consistently now. Sure, the shells still separate, but not as bad as before. And being not so accurate like the USN is kinda a blessing for my playstyle (blindfiring into a smoke). For the first time, i say thank you to WG.

Time to Raise the Anchor again i suppose

[SGC]
Beta Tester
53 posts
9,923 battles

Well, even tho this buff is not much, but it's great. 

I love playing my German BB now (Especially Tirpitz and PEF). I don't like Graf Spee, because its just trash. Get Scharnhorst instead. 

• Cool 2

3,708 posts
7,476 battles

Noticeable difference, even with Freddy the Gross, but Russian BB dispersion gimmick is better.

[TLS]
3,080 posts
18,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Noticeable difference, even with Freddy the Gross, but Russian BB dispersion gimmick is better.

Germans cannot have top sekret soviet sekret plans.

[REPOI]
Super Tester
1,068 posts
17,426 battles
23 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Why do people target me more in my Bismarck?

When I'm in Tirpitz they leave me alone/ignore me, but when I'm in Bismarck, I get specifically targeted to melting point?

I have the same secondary build (near identical ships)....

Its like a "sink the Bismarck" campaign

So, the gun buff hasn't helped with my melting point.....

:Smile_bajan2:

Ordrazz

I think people target you because you are broadside. 

Remember, "broadside armour best armour", your enemy always likes a challenge. 

• Funny 1

[HMAS_]
2,006 posts
14,015 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

I think people target you because you are broadside. 

Remember, "broadside armour best armour", your enemy always likes a challenge. 

Hmmm.. Nice theory, but..... 

Why would I be broadside in my Bismarck, but not in my Tirpitz ??? Virtually same ship...

By all logic, I would more likely to be broadside in Tirpitz so I could launch torpedoes.......

& also, you don't need to be broadside to be targeted...

So, I think they are only interested in killing Bismarcks because of prestige in the name......