Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thyaliad

Reminder: Even if you don't care about the Puerto Rico...

14 comments in this topic

[MRI]
4,093 posts
18,356 battles

It is still worth going into the Dockyard and activating any of the free boosters you can get anyway.

Because you will still get interim rewards even if you don't actually finish the building the Puerto Rico, such as Free XP and Coal.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/dockyard/

So just use any of the shipbuilding tokens you get from your dailies and completed directives.

Now I know most of you don't want anything to do with the Dockyard or Puerto Rico, but hey free stuff is free stuff.

And no, unlike Puerto Rico, it is really free.

• Cool 6

[-CAT-]
4,339 posts
15,852 battles

As a casual player, Stages 1 to 3 is do able.

Stages 4 and 5 is going to be a tight one, but possibly reachable.

Stage 6 . (That 2k steel reward is tempting.) :Smile_unsure:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[BLESS]
1,604 posts
14,057 battles

Completing Stage 3 means a free Gorizia. Careful though as the time limits are stricter than in previous events.

3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

As a casual player, Stages 1 to 3 is do able.

The completion time limits are stricter in this event than before. I recommend dividing the requirements by the time allotted before making a judgement.

6,074 posts
10,381 battles

1 month to get Gorilla: reasonable.(but still rather BS for a T7 prem).

1 month to get PR: LOL, wth, aren't you a pitiable optimistic.

TBH even the shipbuilding rewards are kinda meh for the grind.

Going back to grind a gazillion captains for my incoming Swedish lolis I guess. Wait, that sounds wrong...

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,432 posts
22,235 battles

Whatever. I've not played the game for 2 weeks. If I can sacrifice 2 weeks worth of free oil and trinkets, I can forgo the piddly bribes.

• Cool 1

1,937 posts
9,755 battles
53 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Completing Stage 3 means a free Gorizia. Careful though as the time limits are stricter than in previous events.

The completion time limits are stricter in this event than before. I recommend dividing the requirements by the time allotted before making a judgement.

One can use the (at least "almost") entire event period to complete the Gorizia grind even though a new directive is released every 4 days this time.

It's still the sooner the better though, as Gorizia can unlock a mission chain that contains a few rewards (if I can.complete them all, I will recieve Furious, Guepard and a sum of credits for Izmail and Trento) and with Gorizia one can easily complete the "bypass" tasks and at least claim more freebies.

I would try to earn Gorizia completely for free this time using the whole event period and completely ignore PR as if she hasn't been released through this way. I have a bunch of real-life things to do recently and this is indeed a hard grind; I have only completed 2 tasks while three "Thropy Years" are steadily underway. Neither the cap ribbons farming and the kill count are simple tasks like the potential damage farming one.

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,569 posts
13,360 battles
4 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

(That 2k steel reward is tempting.)

should have played ranked 

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,432 posts
22,235 battles
17 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Or Clan Wars. Despite me being one of those who couldn't be bothered with either modes, at least CW can be enjoyable. 

6,074 posts
10,381 battles
5 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

That 2k steel reward is tempting.

Just 2k? That's less than what I earn in 2 normal Ranked seasons, which is barely 3 months apart. And I don't even play much in any Ranked season, like 10 battles each.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[MRI]
4,093 posts
18,356 battles
7 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I would try to earn Gorizia completely for free this time using the whole event period and completely ignore PR as if she hasn't been released through this way.

Imo for most people this is the best way to enjoy the event. Just grind for the Gorizia and pretend the Puerto Rico doesn't exist.

Once you take the PR out of the equation, this event is rather similar to previous years' grinds - grind for a free ship which unlocks a special chain of missions for bonus rewards. Or get a headstart on the missions by buying the ship.

1 month to get the Gorizia is pretty doable, but you still want to get it as soon as possible to start working on the special missions.

7 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

For people who don't play Ranked or Clan Battles, 2,000 steel is pretty good.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
4,339 posts
15,852 battles
12 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Since the directive was updated, my math is now way off. -_- Hesus Kristo! WG wants players to commit karoshi if they want to get PR for free. Only farmer bots can do that.

Forget what I said on the do able part. Play on your own pace. WG is being stingy.

11 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

True, though I currently don't have any T10 ships. The last T10 ranked battle has rental ships. Fun but also sad. The discrimination was real and harsh.

Must be telling me to take a break on ranked or even take a full break and enjoy the festivities with family and friends. 🙂 Must be a supreme beings work or maybe its the adjustment bureau. 😱 😁

Edited by S0und_Theif

1,937 posts
9,755 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Imo for most people this is the best way to enjoy the event. Just grind for the Gorizia and pretend the Puerto Rico doesn't exist.

Once you take the PR out of the equation, this event is rather similar to previous years' grinds - grind for a free ship which unlocks a special chain of missions for bonus rewards. Or get a headstart on the missions by buying the ship.

1 month to get the Gorizia is pretty doable, but you still want to get it as soon as possible to start working on the special missions.

For people who don't play Ranked or Clan Battles, 2,000 steel is pretty good.

I have gave up PR even before the current patch went online and the following debacle, as a PTS sneak peek post from NA Forum has confirmed one of WG's earlier statement that while Gorizia would be the "ordinary" annual freemium prize equivalent to Spee, DoY and PEF, PR will be a challenge even for the ture seasoned sea wolves with a series of difficult tasks. Nobody has imagined that WG would in turn create such a dumpster fire with these grindfest directives and almost screw up the Xmas-New Year patch completely back then.

I have tried Ranked in this season for the first time and now I am struck at R12.

Without Prem time or Prem camo it is very hard to profit with at least tech-tree T10 ships even with an ordinary game (perhaps those Coal freemiums would be better). And Hindenburg seems rather meh now for highly competitive modes like ranked (though it is also possible that my Hindy's generic cruiser build is suboptimal for the current Ranked meta).

Also the port interface, especially the Divison section sucks. When grinding for the "Ajax 1940" this afternoon I felt I'm swimming in a pool of glue: it took me 4 mintues to select another ship, set "Ready!" and join another Scenario battle as a division commander as the interface would lag for nearly a minute everytime after a single operation.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

[TLS]
5,432 posts
22,235 battles

I am entering D15 without playing. Enjoying my purging of Heretics in the name of the Emperor. If I wanted the Godiva, I'd just outright buy it rather than waste time. From the reviews, it looks worse than a Zara. Which I already have.

Sign in to follow this