You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thyaliad

Never had so many kills or achievements before

8 comments in this topic

[MRI]
3,959 posts
17,490 battles

So after a rather lacklustre gaming session today where I end up losing more games than I won, WoWs decide to bless me with this crazy game.

Top-tier + broadsiding enemies of questionable skill level + main battery reload booster + a little luck = many kills and achievements

shot-19_12.16_01_48.06-0531.thumb.jpg.d7fd4a5b80e1c9a4cac3b43c99522f97.jpg

shot-19_12.16_01_48.10-0321.thumb.jpg.453e91dab65493fdb6afb031485d4526.jpg

The replay if interested: 20191216_013536_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

I find I am really liking the Jean Bart, even though I don't actually play it all too often. It is funny, because I didn't really like my Richelieu grind. I could never seem to get it too work. The Jean Bart though is loads of fun.

• Cool 9

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,190 posts
14,385 battles
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

So after a rather lacklustre gaming session today where I end up losing more games than I won, WoWs decide to bless me with this crazy game.

Top-tier + broadsiding enemies of questionable skill level + main battery reload booster + a little luck = many kills and achievements

shot-19_12.16_01_48.06-0531.thumb.jpg.d7fd4a5b80e1c9a4cac3b43c99522f97.jpg

shot-19_12.16_01_48.10-0321.thumb.jpg.453e91dab65493fdb6afb031485d4526.jpg

The replay if interested: 20191216_013536_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

I find I am really liking the Jean Bart, even though I don't actually play it all too often. It is funny, because I didn't really like my Richelieu grind. I could never seem to get it too work. The Jean Bart though is loads of fun.

I have noticed the number of broadside-showoffs have increased a lot throughout the weekends. Some of them were playing their shiny black ships.

Jean Bart is definitely more fun than Richelieu because Jean Bart is sugarcoated with lots of gimmicks. To be honest, I stopped my progress on French BB line at Normandie because  I got Jean Bart.

[TLS]
5,195 posts
21,710 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Jean Bart is definitely more fun than Richelieu because Jean Bart is sugarcoated with lots of gimmicks. To be honest, I stopped my progress on French BB line at Normandie because  I got Jean Bart.

I was lucky to have just ground out the Nyon and Cardinal though Hermes and then played the FUN Alsace to get to the France. Now that there is no Hermes and Alsace is no longer fun... The France I can say is a terror when it comes to laser guided shells and secondaries but the durability leaves somethings to be desired.

• Funny 1

1,740 posts
8,766 battles
16 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I have noticed the number of broadside-showoffs have increased a lot throughout the weekends. Some of them were playing their shiny black ships.

I grinded my Normandie entirely through Raptor Rescue as I am worried about her AA suite and viability in current Random Battles.

I think Lyon is fun and unique enough, though with my Jean Bart earned for free I would also stop here. In Narai she devestates those dreadnoughts with her sheer volume of broadside. In randoms that also works, even when you are bottom-tiered you can spam HE just like a mega cruiser.

Her A-P-XY configuration is tricky indeed though. Maybe a regular AB-XY would be too overpowered as she already works well at present.

[-ISO-]
1,096 posts
7,059 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

But they are still sniping anyway. So yeah.

[STCN]
12 posts
8,690 battles

Jean Bart performs actually quite well when u know how to roam and where to find those spicy and tasty broadsides, as u have double the chance to punish them

p.s two secondary kills? u pick a secondary build?

[MRI]
3,959 posts
17,490 battles
6 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Doesn't help that is the Xmas period, and there a lot of casual players. I was curious and looked at some of the stats of these broadsiding players, and a lot of them are actually long time players. Some of them had accounts even older than mine but only a thousand or so random games played. They are super casual players who probably only logged on a couple of times each month on the weekends.

3 hours ago, neu_romancer said:

p.s two secondary kills? u pick a secondary build? 

Yup, I was using my Republique captain on it who had a Secondary build (yes, I am a Secondary-build enthusiast). I don't recommend people building for Secondaries though, unless you absolutely love Secondary builds.

Edited by Thyaliad

[BLESS]
1,534 posts
13,430 battles
15 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

JB is a monster if you can sit in a defended position and have teammates to feed you targets.

I had a game on the weekend where our JB [ @BLK_01 ]came out with over 3k base XP. I had had what I thought was a pretty good Yugumo game, fighting in a TX MM with one kill, 60k, and over 100k spotting. ... though my principle achievement, in addition to not getting deleted by the enemy DesMoines, Brandisi, and Minotaur, was (I realized afterwards) acting as bait to draw those enemy ships towards my JB...

Screenshot (703).png

Edited by Rina_Pon