Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bubaza

Puerto Rico Premium Booster

27 comments in this topic

7 posts
563 battles

Anyone bought the first premium booster and now sitting dumb realize the grind will never be done like me? I just want to know how you feel and how you coup with it.

• Cool 3

58 posts
2,233 battles

Horrible, feels like I've been cheated while simultaneously mentally punching myself for buying the first booster before going through the directives.

How I coup with it? Step away from the game for a while and spend some quality time with family or play some other games.

Happy Hols! 😉

7 posts
563 battles
3 minutes ago, SecretIdentity said:

Horrible, feels like I've been cheated while simultaneously mentally punching myself for buying the first booster before going through the directives.

How I coup with it? Step away from the game for a while and spend some quality time with family or play some other games.

Happy Hols! 😉

Man, what an optimistic way to deal with life. I will just do the same, I think.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
3,450 posts
14,719 battles
1 hour ago, Bubaza said:

Anyone bought the first premium booster and now sitting dumb realize the grind will never be done like me? I just want to know how you feel and how you coup with it.

@YorTt Tired to get refund on it. Apparently, MrConway posted

"Please contact our customer support team with your request, if you wan't a refund for the booster you bought before you had the information we will of course do our best to help you with that."

But when he tried to get refund, WG staff told him that because he had already spent the doubloons on the booster, they couldn't refund, despite YorTt telling them that Conway had said it was possible.

There's been a bit of chat regarding contacting your local consumer affairs department about this mess, mostly about the false advertising.

While I think those who have not paid a cent are out of luck with the "they promised a free ship and didn't give it" argument, in your case, you've actually spent money before realising how hard the grind is, because WG were misleading and failed to properly inform customers. You're now left with a choice, say goodbye to the money spent, spend more money for the ship, or spend a huge amount of time grinding.

The fact that MrConway has already apparently tried to do something like this means that a little push from the authorities would probably get you a refund.

[SEARN]
1,102 posts
18,109 battles

The thing I just realised due to there being such limited information given out regarding this shipbuilding process, is that you don't get to buy the ship for a discount regardless of how far along the ship is. Even if you are 95% complete when the month is up, all dubs or ship building tokens spent are for nothing.

If the ship isn't completed after the one month you still need to pay the full 35k dubs price for the ship. ( On top of the possibly 24k dubs already spent for the 3 boosters)

WG, just wow! :Smile_facepalm: Several very popular CC's on YouTube had posted videos describing the ship building process and how it works on the PTS. WG never thought at any point that it might be a good idea to tell the players (the same players that they appreciate and respect so very much) that the mission values and doubloon values on the PTS were completely wrong, and to actually explain everything regarding the Puerto Rico better.

WG make Bethesda and EA look like rank amateurs! 

Beta Tester
1,274 posts
13,793 battles

The "get it for free" issue I don't really have a problem with. It's a Tier 10 Premium - the grind was always going to be insane and out of reach for most players.

However, the Premium Booster issue is pretty nasty. We've been encouraged by WG to activate them early to get the best effect - before actually starting the grind. A lot of players will have felt pressured to buy them before realising just how immense that grind is. Feels very shady, especially since you get virtually nothing at the end of all this if you can't finish (or pay 59,000 doubloons!).

Edited by Unraveler

[G_R]
430 posts
20,743 battles

I have put in a ticket to get the dubloons I wasted refunded. I have no hope at all in completing the event you know work sleep eating living kinda gets in the way.

So far their reply is please be patient while the review the situation. Its ok as I have the compliant to the ACCC here in Australia ready to go.

7 posts
563 battles

Neither do I. I got to work on weekdays and only able to play 2-3 hours a day. 3 hours is already too much for me, I think. That means I will not be able to complete the grind even if I purchased another booster or even with all of the premium booster purchased.

Ps. This is my bad thought. I will feel whole lot better if - purchasing all three boosters guaranteed that I will get it. I will just throw money at them to not waste my time.

[AJAX]
1 post
27,963 battles

WOW have done some STUPID things but this is the WORST EVER.  They have made it impossible to build the ship.  Obviously GREED for GOLD has taken over again.  If they are thinking everyone will spend money to complete the PUERTO RICO Cruiser then they have rocks in their heads.  They should SACK the Mission designers and their PR department with them.  I have spent money in the PAST but this now has made me so annoyed that I WILL NEVER SPEND ANYMORE MONEY ON THIS GAME AGAIN... they have gone too far this time they are just too GREEDY!!  They obviously have no regard for their loyal players.

[BLESS]
1,534 posts
13,430 battles
On 12/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, Bubaza said:

Oh dear. I'm so sorry - please accept my upvote in hope that it might cheer you up.

As @HobartAWD said, this is not like the Cossack grind where your work done was proportional to the discount you received. No no no, this is far worse and insidious: It speeds up your grind, but the result is binary: you get the ship, or you don't get it, there is no discount even if you are 99% of the way to completion.

I feel really bad for all the people who got scammed. If you weren't plugged into the reddit discussions, or if you don't watch flamu/jingles on youtube, it was easy to miss the full enormity of the grind - it is far beyond what anyone could even imagine after all.

If there is one good thing to come of it, its that far more people are now aware of WGs predatory nature and will think twice about buying into these events in future.

593 posts
3,951 battles
2 hours ago, Tanked_RR said:

WOW have done some STUPID things but this is the WORST EVER.  They have made it impossible to build the ship.  Obviously GREED for GOLD has taken over again.  If they are thinking everyone will spend money to complete the PUERTO RICO Cruiser then they have rocks in their heads.  They should SACK the Mission designers and their PR department with them.  I have spent money in the PAST but this now has made me so annoyed that I WILL NEVER SPEND ANYMORE MONEY ON THIS GAME AGAIN... they have gone too far this time they are just too GREEDY!!  They obviously have no regard for their loyal players.

Game designers make technical decision not business decision, while WG's PR department are more like fire-fighting department who came in only after a disaster. It more like to a job of the marketing department who could possibly come up with this kinda products.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,971 posts
9,225 battles
49 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

WG's PR department are more like fire-fighting department who came in only after a disaster.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

7 posts
563 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Oh dear. I'm so sorry - please accept my upvote in hope that it might cheer you up.

As @HobartAWD said, this is not like the Cossack grind where your work done was proportional to the discount you received. No no no, this is far worse and insidious: It speeds up your grind, but the result is binary: you get the ship, or you don't get it, there is no discount even if you are 99% of the way to completion.

I feel really bad for all the people who got scammed. If you weren't plugged into the reddit discussions, or if you don't watch flamu/jingles on youtube, it was easy to miss the full enormity of the grind - it is far beyond what anyone could even imagine after all.

If there is one good thing to come of it, its that far more people are now aware of WGs predatory nature and will think twice about buying into these events in future.

Thanks, man, I already felt better since I read SecretIdentity's reply. This is a huge huge "lesson" for me. After all, the game is fun as it is and I will keep doing what I did - 2-3 games a day (Of course, with a lot less spending!).

[TLS]
5,195 posts
21,710 battles

The key issues:

1. Grinding for a ship is the main issue. It is the insane effort you need to put in to obtain the ship.
2. To make the grind "easier" you can purchase "boosters" which will aid in your effort BUT NOT ENSURE YOU GET THE SHIP.
3. Previously, the concept was grind and then purchase the balance if you just fell short. Here, you are BUYING effort even before you know how much you need to cover the balance.
4. If you put a deposit (boosters), this deposit will not be refunded if you fail to achieve the goal and then required to put 1.5x the deposit to finish it. Essentially you are paying twice for the ship.

If it was put outright "ship costs 59k doubloons" without all this ridiculous grindy business, I doubt there would be this much bushfire/forestfire/earthquakeinPR. Sure, the complaints about whaling but the situation now is that you NEED to pay to even have a REMOTE chance of getting the Dacia Sandero.

[O7]
200 posts
19,340 battles
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, Bubaza said:

Yep.  I'm one who made the mistake of buying the first booster before really seeing the directives.

I'm also annoyed I bought some Christmas containers at the same time.  Not buying any containers may be seen as a protest.  Buying containers will make WG think business as normal.

[SEARN]
1,102 posts
18,109 battles

Turns out according to WG the ship does get cheaper as the building progress goes along, but only twice, and strangely at very close together stages of building. This is against what every CC said, which was that the ship would still cost the same regardless of your building progress. Once again WG treating us with so much respect in giving out this vital info in so timely a manner. No mention at all though of how much the cost is reduced by. 50 dubs?

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/dockyard/

The more active you are during the event, the less the ship's construction will cost: the cost will go down at phases 24 and 30 of the shipbuilding process.

Edited by HobartAWD

5,967 posts
9,915 battles
6 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Turns out according to WG the ship does get cheaper as the building progress goes along, but only twice, and strangely at very close together stages of building. This is against what every CC said, which was that the ship would still cost the same regardless of your building progress. Once again WG treating us with so much respect in giving out this vital info in so timely a manner. No mention at all though of how much the cost is reduced by. 50 dubs?

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/dockyard/

The more active you are during the event, the less the ship's construction will cost: the cost will go down at phases 24 and 30 of the shipbuilding process.

In the name of RNGesus, how generous.

/s

• Funny 1

[TLS]
5,195 posts
21,710 battles

First, you have to get to phase 24 and 30 of 36. And to do that you effectively need to spend 24k in doubloons. With no assurance that you can complete the insane grind.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[MRI]
3,959 posts
17,490 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

First, you have to get to phase 24 and 30 of 36. And to do that you effectively need to spend 24k in doubloons. With no assurance that you can complete the insane grind.

Actually you don't have to spend that much. 

According to WG's official spreadsheets, 3 boosters (24,000 doubloons) and completing 3 directives is enough to secure the PR, assuming you stick to the timetable, are getting your daily shipments and are spending the shipbuilding tokens as soon as you can. No need to spend more to finish the PR, it will finish itself before the end of the event.

For 2 boosters (14k doubloons), you have a stricter timetable, must complete directive 4 and a number of dailies, in addition to the above. But you can still finish the PR.

Of course, WG's timetable is only accurate before the shipbuilding starts, and now that it has started their timetable will only get more and more inaccurate. And that is assuming you even trust WG's spreadsheet in the first place.

7 posts
563 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Actually you don't have to spend that much. 

According to WG's official spreadsheets, 3 boosters (24,000 doubloons) and completing 3 directives is enough to secure the PR, assuming you stick to the timetable, are getting your daily shipments and are spending the shipbuilding tokens as soon as you can. No need to spend more to finish the PR, it will finish itself before the end of the event.

For 2 boosters (14k doubloons), you have a stricter timetable, must complete directive 4 and a number of dailies, in addition to the above. But you can still finish the PR.

Of course, WG's timetable is only accurate before the shipbuilding starts, and now that it has started their timetable will only get more and more inaccurate. And that is assuming you even trust WG's spreadsheet in the first place.

If I can't even finish the first three in time then doesn't that mean I have no chance to finish PR even with 3 boosters? What if my work, force me to went aboard for two weeks, which is actually happening? I didn't mean to get this back at you but more to WG. 😄

[MRI]
3,959 posts
17,490 battles
55 minutes ago, Bubaza said:

If I can't even finish the first three in time then doesn't that mean I have no chance to finish PR even with 3 boosters? What if my work, force me to went aboard for two weeks, which is actually happening? I didn't mean to get this back at you but more to WG. 😄

Yeah WG should really have been more forthcoming about how to go about completing the event, considering how convoluted it all is and how there are so many different variables.

All their spreadsheets should have been published way before the event started to let the community plan beforehand.

If I were WG I would have developed a calendar planner or similar widget to help players plan their grind. Players can input their own expected directive completion dates, daily grinds, etc.

Like if they completed X directive on Y day and bought a doubloon booster on Z day, would they have enough time for the Puerto Rico to finish building?

Personally I consider the lack of information and clarity on how to get the PR to be the biggest issue with this event, not that it was too hard or too expensive or whatever. That and they overhyped the Dockyard.

Edited by Thyaliad

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,971 posts
9,225 battles

Note they are refunding in Doubloons if this is actually occurring.  Australian consumers should be aware of their rights in regards to refunds.   This could possibly be deemed and a major problem as described by the ACCC and refunds should be provided in the same form as your payment .

See EULA 5.1 for more information.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

• Cool 1

[TDA]
433 posts
11,729 battles

I remember a while back people were complaining that there's really nothing to spend doubloons on. Well WG fixed that for us. Fixed it a little too well.

I've zero interest in PR regardless of what they do/don't do with it.

Sign in to follow this