Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RalphTheTheatreCat

Our server population now the transfer is (sort of) complete

40 comments in this topic

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,092 posts
10,114 battles

Well the stats are interesting.

Asia actually peaked at its higher player numbers in 12 months with 17617 players last night online compared to NA with 18011 players about 12 months ago.  The NA server has dropped average player numbers slightly while Asia has gained player numbers slightly.    Its not all doom and gloom.   

Both server pail into comparisons against EU and NA numbers which go as high as 35K players

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/asia/total

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,092 posts
10,114 battles
13 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Predictable response: How many of those are bots?

hard to say unless WG actually take a proactive approach to it.  I thought it was more interesting that all the talk was the server would be a ghost town and NA would have a population explosion which hasn't occurred

[KAMI]
1,569 posts
13,326 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

hard to say unless WG actually take a proactive approach to it.  I thought it was more interesting that all the talk was the server would be a ghost town and NA would have a population explosion which hasn't occurred

they gave up on wargaming probably so they quit ranting on forum and even stopped play wows

Many is just on Reddit now or outside playing snow(gosh i wanna play snow ;-;)

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,574 posts
12,695 battles

I think most of the people that moved from SEA to NA were Australian and NZ players, and they are in vast minority on the server.  Plenty of Aus/NZ players stayed too no doubt.  Not only that, but there were a lot of vocal people moving, which probably made it seem like more than the reality.

The server will be just fine.   Provided WG don't shoot themselves in the foot by trying to drain every ounce of time and money from their players over the 'giving' season of course!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,371 posts
15,035 battles

The current PR "shipstorm" may also affect the numbers, specifically in NA where the salt level is higher. I mean players in Asia tend to have the DGAF mindset, and carry on with whatever they do (with few exceptions of course).

[OAKUM]
2,135 posts
17,828 battles

How many of those players are noobs?

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[MRI]
4,086 posts
18,257 battles
13 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Predictable response: How many of those are bots?

Heh, I am also curious about this.

[TF44]
410 posts
5,344 battles

I like how the OP of this Reddit post implying that server pop went low after the transfers. Probably a salty AUS/NZ player.
Also some comments here in this reddit post.

Edited by notyourfather

[KNCOL]
436 posts
7,684 battles
12 hours ago, notyourfather said:

I like how the OP of this Reddit post implying that server pop went low after the transfers. Probably a salty AUS/NZ player.
Also some comments here in this reddit post.

Here's another reddit post deriding on Asia server's "remains".

I find it amusing how people in reddit think that Asia server is dead because many the AUS/NZ players moved to NA. Also they're implying that "more people posting in forum = healthy server population", not knowing that Asian players focus more on the game instead of posting in the forums all the time.

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

[SPCTH]
390 posts
11,433 battles

Its not how many players/bots that are playing/online its how many are Paying/Spending that is important......................

[TLS]
5,414 posts
22,202 battles
29 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

not knowing that Asian players focus more on the game instead of posting in the forums all the time.

And what does that say about us that spam the forums with our civilized discussions? 😛

The fact that I can play on one monitor and spam the forums on the other is besides the point. <_<

[REPOI]
1,110 posts
23,604 battles

I love the general opinion that players on SEA are:

1. Campy

2. Poorly skilled

3. Focus on personal glory

4. No tactical awareness

5. Just inferior in general

I like how most players who want to play in a place with (relatively) high-skill gameplay chose to stay on this server, while those who want to repeatedly shoot broadside targets all day long took a hike. 

2.png.d24f2ddb4d1c0385201f592cda1ffe93.png

Edited by LordTyphoon
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles
17 分前、LordTyphoon の発言:

I love the general opinion that players on SEA are:

1. Campy

2. Poorly skilled

3. Focus on personal glory

4. No tactical awareness

5. Just inferior in general

That's what they comment on WoT Asia....?

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,371 posts
15,035 battles
21 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

I like how most players who want to play in a place with (relatively) high-skill gameplay chose to stay on this server, while those who want to repeatedly shoot broadside targets all day long took a hike. 

If there is anything stupid on this server, it is the lack of ability to read the momentum. However the average players tend to have higher survival rate than the average on... let's say NA, although it has something to do with the camping meta of course.

[BOTES]
116 posts
4,110 battles
On 12/15/2019 at 4:03 AM, Moggytwo said:

I think most of the people that moved from SEA to NA were Australian and NZ players, and they are in vast minority on the server.  Plenty of Aus/NZ players stayed too no doubt.  Not only that, but there were a lot of vocal people moving, which probably made it seem like more than the reality.

The server will be just fine.   Provided WG don't shoot themselves in the foot by trying to drain every ounce of time and money from their players over the 'giving' season of course!

When I logged on to EU last night we had a pop of 19k, that's at 11pm on a Sunday. Never ever seen that on ASIA even when I lived in WA

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,371 posts
15,035 battles
3 minutes ago, Seabad said:

When I logged on to EU last night we had a pop of 19k, that's at 11pm on a Sunday. Never ever seen that on ASIA even when I lived in WA

That's 11 pm on Sunday on EU? Did the entire EU get to time travel or what?

I mean did they invent a way to get 7 hours of sleep with 5 hours only?

Edited by Sir_Feather

[TLS]
5,414 posts
22,202 battles

People are doing the grind/snowflakes. Not surprising. All the farming bots have come out of the woodwork.

Score:
Community 0
WG -10
Botfarmers +10

[MRI]
4,086 posts
18,257 battles
9 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

I find it amusing how people in reddit think that Asia server is dead because many the AUS/NZ players moved to NA. Also they're implying that "more people posting in forum = healthy server population", not knowing that Asian players focus more on the game instead of posting in the forums all the time.

Also implying that the majority of players on Asia are AUS/NZ players, or that those players are the only ones worth mentioning. They don't realise there is more to Asia than just Australia and New Zealand.

Edited by Thyaliad

[SALT]
2,202 posts
10,571 battles

Not all were Au/NZ player, aint Yuro and his bunch also move to NA.

Quite Significant portion of Asia population was Japanese player though. I mean, all weeb content were Wargaming Japan works - They prob have the most active circle in Asia Server - it just we dont Interact much for many obvius reason

Edited by humusz

[KNCOL]
436 posts
7,684 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

Not all were Au/NZ player, aint Yuro and his bunch also move to NA.

Quite Significant portion of Asia population was Japanese player though. I mean, all weeb content were Wargaming Japan works - They prob have the most active circle in Asia Server - it just we dont Interact much for many obvius reason

What is Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean, Philippine, etc players.

[BOTES]
116 posts
4,110 battles
25 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

What is Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean, Philippine, etc players.

People who don't share a common language hence the poor reputation due to box-runes and the general hostility between English and non English speakers?

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
6,092 posts
10,114 battles
15 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

2.png.d24f2ddb4d1c0385201f592cda1ffe93.png

They left for varying reasons, not just that. Communication, customer support, player interaction, clan battles, etc etc. Isupport a lot of the reasons why they left and shave long advocated that server transfers should be a permanent feature of the game to make the devs become responsible for their own servers health..

That screen shot is a special individual how should never be allowed to type in chat,,,,,,,,,ever.

4 hours ago, Seabad said:

People who don't share a common language hence the poor reputation due to box-runes and the general hostility between English and non English speakers?

I don’t think that is anywhere near as common as you say. Don’t just single that put as the hostility between nearly every nationality on this server Is evident but it’s just that we can’t understand it

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,371 posts
15,035 battles
10 hours ago, Seabad said:

Dude all four countries have the same root in their languages. And all four uses the standard alphabets in their languages.

Fun fact: 3 of them can talk to each other with their respective languages, and can still understand each other a lot (Phillippines got the most distant spot). Unlike "some" English speakers which struggle a lot to communicate with French & German speakers despite the fact that English language was built with some samples from French, German, and Latin.

And I think the general hostility between English and non-English speaker is more apparently coming from the former rather than the latter. I'm not saying all of them are bad, but some are indeed bad.

[TLS]
5,414 posts
22,202 battles
39 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Dude all four countries have the same root in their languages. And all four uses the standard alphabets in their languages.

Cakap apa ini lah? Nanti kita speak macam rojak campur lor. 

😛

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this