Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

I am just realize you can get Gorilla for free

16 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,130 posts
3,796 battles

WG basic concept is actually good....try to be generous but at the same time trying to maximize profit.

#all normies got FREE T7 Premium ship Gorilla with other additional freebies event....

#Dedicated and Paying player will get Puerto Rico as collection and prestige

Execution : FREEEEEEEEE PUERTOOO RIICOOOOO!!!!! GRAB IT NOWWW!!

FREEEEEEEEEEEE !

The fact that WG held Charity and giving T7 Premium ship as heresy event is actually sign of trying to look good at the consumer perspective.

As a businessman myself, trying to get profit (especially for giving everyone new year bonus) is not a bad idea. Puerto Rico maybe sell, also this holiday mean everyone have extra monies to spend elsewhere....

Here is the problem :

1. Wrong ads

Freeeeeeeeeee Puerto Rico! I don't even know we can get Gorilla for free by completing directive 3 that maybe not really hard..... 

Free Gorillazorillaz is outshadowed by FREEEE PUERTOOO RIICOOOOO

i don't event know we can get Gorillaz for free

2. Every WoWs Player is Elitist, atleast everyone try to be one.

WoWs by casual standart IS NOT CASUAL. You need a lot of knowledge about ship, calculating your aim, even more peek 30 sec into the future by using epitaph of the king crimson. the grind itself is quite lolong and grindy compared to afk max lvl Android game Crimson Axis. 

the difference is only their attitude, one is nice and another is full of blab. But everyone here should agree, we want to be the best of the best. Every one wanna Puerto Rico for free! Otherwise there wont be massive uproar.

3. Backlash of previous decision

Research bureau, CV rework, Slava, Smolensk, Asia server discrimation aaand i am forget i mean et cetera.

When you make another mistake of course rage incoming.

4. Ignoring the ~15% population...

Player is not divided between noob and unicum, there is gap and there is more category. If Normies is 50% playerbase and unicum is around 5%-1%..... There is player that have dedication try to be unicum and increase their skill. This kind of player is clearly not normies but not super unicum level as well. This type clearly want Puerto Rico.... But unlike the super unicum category, we have LIMITATION. Its money or time, we have money but not as much the price tag of Puerto Rico, we have time but not as insane 24 playtime without sleep.

The one that causing ruckus right now is representation of this category..... 

People Made mistake, MISTAKE is normal..... Let's forgive WG For Merry Christmas if you believe. Too bad i cannt say it, but still I hope WG doing well next year.

But listen

I quit the last time because the KRI Irian should have monster AA with AADF consummable yeeet only hydro option with heresy of torpedo reload booster...

I came back because the news of KRI Silliwangi!

KRI Silliwangi, A Destroyer..... Compared to Ognevoi is total crap, no Heal, no speed boost with T6 gun and CRAP Accuracy. The ship is sluggish and snail with bad accuracy mean disaster like Guepard and Vauqulin. Also Lo Yang is better DD for Hydro use.

What i am asking is very simple

- reload buff torpedo to 120 sec or give it Torpedo reload Booster

- speed boost consummable

This is the last of my trust, otherwise i am going to make knockoff game called world of Puerto Rico.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles

Sorry but those who buy this ship can expect the hatred-fueled salvos because this ship is just as bad as PR. Both Alaska & Zara proved to be better & cheaper than those gold-plated floating pinatas.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,311 posts
14,398 battles
53 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Sorry but those who buy this ship can expect the hatred-fueled salvos because this ship is just as bad as PR. Both Alaska & Zara proved to be better & cheaper than those gold-plated floating pinatas.

Which is why, if I do unlock this ship for free (i'm aiming for it, but going at it rather lazily at the moment, so no guarantee), I will almost exclusively using in in PvE. Bots don't hate, unless my team mate feel like splashing on some pink paint (if I play in co-op).

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
2,130 posts
3,796 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

Well i am not expect anything from current below T9 premium ship. Only few that good...

What i want to highlight is.... Puerto Rico shadowing another freebies event

434 posts
11,534 battles

Why hate on those of us who chose to buy the Gorilla? How childish are people going to get? 

Gorilla comes with a mission to get 4 tech tree ships, what's not to like about that? I think some people are just in need of a little bit of growing up. It's just a bloody game. 

Spend YOUR money the way YOU want to do, buy a pixel boat from weegee, or go to the pub and piss it against a wall. You do you.

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles
19 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I’m not sure anyone is hating on the Gorizia owners

I haven't seen any Gorizia hate here on Asia so far, but from what I have heard some players in NA have been receiving hate from playing the Gorizia because people were assuming that those who bought the Gorizia were attempting to get the Puerto Rico.

Edited by Thyaliad

434 posts
11,534 battles

I also don't get the hate for those few who have chosen to buy the PR. 

I share the anger with wargaming for the "deceptive" way they sold the dockyard idea. I was actually quite excited about the project, and was looking forward to doing the directives too. Until the patch dropped and I was able to get a look at them. 

I decided there and then that I would not be dropping any doubloons on it at all. The directives are ridiculously unreasonable, we all agree on that.

But, that said, I have actually already completed 5 of the 6 tasks required for directive 1 just by dusting off the snowflakes in co-op and grinding the River Plate mission's first 2 tasks (I still need to complete the 3rd task - 5 wins in a division - to secure the perma cammo for the Leander, a ship I have researched but am yet to purchase).

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,080 posts
14,052 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I haven't seen any Gorizia hate here on Asia so far, but from what I have heard some players in NA have been receiving hate from playing the Gorizia because people were assuming that those who bought the Gorizia were attempting to get the Puerto Rico.

That's NA for you. If you don't join the bandwagon, you become their enemy.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles
2 hours ago, lunsmann said:

I also don't get the hate for those few who have chosen to buy the PR. 

Neither do I. Don't hate the whales who bought the PR, hate WG for designing the entire event around the whales.

Imo it is a matter of trying to exert some power and control over the situation. Players are unhappy with WG but can't do anything to directly hurt WG, so they lash out on the nearest targets - the whales and other fellow players. It is the same reason why people sometimes abuse their partners, they are unhappy with some aspect of their lives which they have no control over, so they vent their anger out on someone who they do have power over. And often times that is their loved ones and children.

• Cool 2

[SPCTH]
390 posts
10,456 battles

Haha you all make big mistake............. Nothing is for free nothing... dont ever forget.

434 posts
11,534 battles
5 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

Haha you all make big mistake............. Nothing is for free nothing... dont ever forget.

That there is the whole truth. Which is why I spent my Xmas budget on the big santa pack. Gorilla plus 40 crates gave me 8 "free" ships. That means if I exclude all the doubloons (8000) and coal (37500) and the many special flags, those 9 ships cost AU$27 each. A bargain.

[BLESS]
1,492 posts
13,034 battles
9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Neither do I. Don't hate the whales who bought the PR, hate WG for designing the entire event around the whales.

Hate isn't constructive, but you have to admit their logic is on point: if no one bought ships for $250, WG wouldn't sell ships for $250.

The basic issue here is the playerbase as a whole sees every event as being for them. They see a big splashy add for teh PR event, and the gushing CC commentary on you YT, they assume that its for them when in fact the Gorizia is the "normal" event grind reward ship, and PR is the super-premium grind event "reward" ship.

That's not the fault of the playerbase mind you, it's on WG to market and communicate it properly.  It's also on WG to manage and mitigate the inevitable backlash they'll see as a result of introducing such a two-tier system into the game.

Central to everything though is the fact that whales pay the bulk of WGs salary. Its only natural that WG targets them.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,492 posts
13,034 battles
18 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Gorizia is a sidegrade at best, though I think in practical terms torps are going to be more useful than hydro and Zara is therefore the better ship to play. But, if you don't have the premium Zara camo from the event, and/or want a premium Italian cruiser for captain training, its not a bad ship to own in absolute terms esp. if you get it for free.

I would caution people thinking of buying it in advance and getting doubloons from mission directives 1-3: yes the Gorizia directives are lighter than the main ones, but the flip side is you have to do all of them in Gorizia ... probably about 60 games total, maybe more, in a fairly short space of time.

[MRI]
3,878 posts
17,123 battles
7 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Hate isn't constructive, but you have to admit their logic is on point: if no one bought ships for $250, WG wouldn't sell ships for $250. 

Yeah I can see where they are coming from but it is still misplaced hate.

It is not up to the playerbase to decide how other players should spend their money. If people want to blow a whole load of doubloons on Puerto Rico, then let let them. Same if people want to spend their Xmas money on lootboxes. I don't go hating on them despite me believing lootboxes are the scum of the gaming industry. What I hate is how the capitalist economy encourages gaming companies to find and exploit more ways of making money, such as lootboxes and this Puerto Rico event.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this